Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Closed Thread

Old 14 Dec 2013, 20:17 (Ref:3344083)   #2576
Alfaholic
Veteran

England
Felixstowe
Alfaholic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAlfaholic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
Another ten and you may- if you're lucky- be accepted as a local!

You say that like it's a good thing...
Old 14 Dec 2013, 20:25 (Ref:3344085)   #2577
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Falce View Post
I drive a Citroen C5, sorry but its all I can afford after having a new drive.
That's OK, It's worth less than my 18 year old Corsa
Old 14 Dec 2013, 21:29 (Ref:3344111)   #2578
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Falce View Post
That's OK, It's worth less than my 18 year old Corsa
What, the new drive?
Old 14 Dec 2013, 21:48 (Ref:3344115)   #2579
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Harte View Post
What, the new drive?
Both
Old 14 Dec 2013, 21:48 (Ref:3344116)   #2580
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Tell you what lets get back to the cricket .Unless anyone else out there has had their 2014 race licence through and read the letter about using your nat A licence abroad . The way I read it nothing had changed for next year regarding racing and looks like you still do not need an inter c licence so that's good news all round "I Think"
Old 15 Dec 2013, 06:11 (Ref:3344216)   #2581
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
Tell you what lets get back to the cricket .Unless anyone else out there has had their 2014 race licence through and read the letter about using your nat A licence abroad . The way I read it nothing had changed for next year regarding racing and looks like you still do not need an inter c licence so that's good news all round "I Think"
Far too heavy a subject for this thread Iain, and far too licentious for a decent chap like what I am.

Know any good jokes? Well apart from the Falc ....! Perhaps not
Old 15 Dec 2013, 06:34 (Ref:3344218)   #2582
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
Joke? That will be the cricket then....

With the "tourists" all out for 251 it is all over bar the shouting. "Tourists" about sums up England in this series.......

AFAIK licence for racing outside UK next year ain't as simple as that Iain! Some will need Nat A and some Int C, depending on what it is and who is organising. Spa 6 should be Nat A, as is one off race in organiser's home country....

If I ever get my licence- posted on the 3rd and obviously lost- I'll check again!
Old 16 Dec 2013, 07:22 (Ref:3344469)   #2583
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
Ctcrc Spa round is Nat A
Old 16 Dec 2013, 07:41 (Ref:3344472)   #2584
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I believe it has to do with the number of times you race with a particular organiser. If you race at Spa in the Barry race, then go back with the CTCRC then that's two races but with separate organisers. If however you were to race at Dijon and then Spa with CER or whomever, then I think you need an Int C because you are racing with a series.
Old 16 Dec 2013, 08:09 (Ref:3344475)   #2585
Alan Morgan
Veteran

Alan Morgan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Here's an extract of the wording ...

"British licence holders of National 'A' or above (excluding Kart National) grade will be entitled to compete in National events within the EU and the Comparable Countries providing the event has been inscribed on the 2013 ASN's Sporting Calendar as a National Event with Authorised Foreign Participation, and comply with the requirements of the event"
Old 16 Dec 2013, 08:47 (Ref:3344483)   #2586
bauble
Veteran

England
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Morgan View Post
Here's an extract of the wording ...

"British licence holders of National 'A' or above (excluding Kart National) grade will be entitled to compete in National events within the EU and the Comparable Countries providing the event has been inscribed on the 2013 ASN's Sporting Calendar as a National Event with Authorised Foreign Participation, and comply with the requirements of the event"
OH! I do like all of this 'light hearted' stuff. It really brightens up my day, to read about different licences/series/races/organisers etc.

Come on Uncle John, put your foot down and ban these incursions in to this thread. It ain't right!

Send the lot of them to Parc Ferme or F1.

Serve 'em right.

Mr Angry of Bedfordshire.
Old 16 Dec 2013, 08:51 (Ref:3344484)   #2587
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Bauble, if I may. The issue is important to some who post in here and as such if you don't have an interest, which based upon your post you don't I suggest you don't comment.

Peter
Old 16 Dec 2013, 08:56 (Ref:3344486)   #2588
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Alan,

It seems then that it is down to the organiser to make its event a national event "open to authorised foreign participation" and to make sure the FIA has included it on its calendar as such. Hmm, I can see the flaw in this one.
Old 16 Dec 2013, 09:00 (Ref:3344488)   #2589
Alan Morgan
Veteran

The way I'm reading it is that if the event in question was a NEAFP in 2013 then the equivalent event in 2014 will only require a National A. I'll be seeking clarification later today.
Old 16 Dec 2013, 09:02 (Ref:3344490)   #2590
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Morgan View Post
The way I'm reading it is that if the event in question was a NEAFP in 2013 then the equivalent event in 2014 will only require a National A. I'll be seeking clarification later today.
Yeah, I think the real problem may be in the words "national A or above".
Old 16 Dec 2013, 09:37 (Ref:3344502)   #2591
compte deGraves
Veteran

France
Charente, France
compte deGraves should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcompte deGraves should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Michael has just given Iain the list of all the events abroad where you can race on a Nation A licence:
Attached Thumbnails
PC080146.jpg  
Old 16 Dec 2013, 10:12 (Ref:3344518)   #2592
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
Come on Uncle John, put your foot down and ban these incursions in to this thread.
Spoken from your glass house, Bob?
Old 16 Dec 2013, 12:22 (Ref:3344551)   #2593
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Turner View Post
Spoken from your glass house, Bob?
Well, you at least read the tag line John.

Better add the smiley to avoid misinterpretation.

Cheers,

Bob.

With apologies to Peter.
Old 16 Dec 2013, 13:23 (Ref:3344572)   #2594
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I understood all hinges on the status of the competition being entered. The Legendary Circuits operate un-linked standalone race meetings so they are not a series or a championship thus are classed as NEAFP and can run as a National A. However something which has "champions" is not allowed to run as National A if it has more than one event outside its "home" country.

Therefore before entering you need to study the SRs which may make advance planning of a season more difficult.
Old 16 Dec 2013, 14:01 (Ref:3344577)   #2595
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
You put it better than me but that was roughly my understanding too.
Old 16 Dec 2013, 14:33 (Ref:3344596)   #2596
Alan Morgan
Veteran

Having spoken to the MSA, I tend to think Max has got it right as well. In fact he seems to have a better understanding than the person I spoke to at Colnbrook.

The thing that threw me was the reference to the 2013 calendar rather than 2014.
Old 16 Dec 2013, 16:27 (Ref:3344624)   #2597
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
Just asked MSA to upgrade me to Nat A, I need to tick off this Spa place before I hang up the helmet!
Old 16 Dec 2013, 16:28 (Ref:3344625)   #2598
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Just for Bauble on a lighter note although nothing to do with racing but at least seasonally topical. This is the Christmas panto my 8 year old grandaughter is in, she was the only one of the junior dancers to have a brief speaking park, a comical exchange with the Dame which she did beautifully, bless.

http://www.lutontoday.co.uk/what-s-o...t-is-1-5752416
Old 16 Dec 2013, 16:35 (Ref:3344628)   #2599
bauble
Veteran

England
Thanks for that Al, it is nice to see someone appreciates what a centre for artistic excellence Luton is.

I am sure you Grand Daughter was the true star of the show.

Kind regards,

Bob.

NB; I trust that al other forum members took note that Al posted this JUST for me!!!.
Old 16 Dec 2013, 16:41 (Ref:3344632)   #2600
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
She was great, a real future talent and has nerves of steel! There are not many adults that would get up in front of an 800 strong audience and perform let alone an 8 year old little girl,!