Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Closed Thread

Old 15 Nov 2013, 10:31 (Ref:3331683)   #2426
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
Nick, assuming the Camaro has a heater you're investing it wisely.

Have you seen Mr Murphys latest heating device?
Old 15 Nov 2013, 10:46 (Ref:3331688)   #2427
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by apriliadriver View Post
I spend my Winter Fuel Allowance on petrol to feed the staggering thirst of the 5.7L Camaro to-and-from the track.

Oh ! Isn't that what it's for ? Good heavens. How quaint.
Nick
Surely the Camaro has a heater?
Old 15 Nov 2013, 14:08 (Ref:3331736)   #2428
apriliadriver
Racer

United Kingdom
Ruislip, Middx
apriliadriver should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
Surely the Camaro has a heater?
Unfortunately not - sacrificed ten years ago in a weight-saving exercise (yup, on a 1420kg piece of kit...). You would think that two giant exhaust pipes running under the floor would be more than enough, but it has been more than just a bit parky driving to-and-from the last two HSCC Finals in October.
I thought of doing the VSCC Pomeroy Trophy in Feb 2014 at Silverstone, but I suspect that whilst the spirit is up for it, the flesh may be weak ....
Nick
Old 15 Nov 2013, 14:23 (Ref:3331743)   #2429
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Well, I got my winter fuel allowance in the post this morning so I havn't been outlawed yet !
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 15 Nov 2013, 14:34 (Ref:3331752)   #2430
bauble
Veteran

England
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by GORDON STREETER View Post
Well, I got my winter fuel allowance in the post this morning so I havn't been outlawed yet !
Mine helped with the overdraft.
Old 15 Nov 2013, 19:29 (Ref:3331870)   #2431
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Right I'm off to work in my RWD SmartCar (can't stand FWD)

Oy!! no need for that!
Old 15 Nov 2013, 20:20 (Ref:3331895)   #2432
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Wow fame at last, using my name to sell my old car !
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1967-ford-...e#ht_411wt_958
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 15 Nov 2013, 20:55 (Ref:3331907)   #2433
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
That should guarantee double the price! Hope you're on commission....

Talking of cars for a change, was really excited when two wheels I ordered arrived Wednesday. Ordered in February, in time for the season.......
Old 16 Nov 2013, 00:33 (Ref:3331998)   #2434
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post

Talking of cars for a change, was really excited when two wheels I ordered arrived Wednesday. Ordered in February,
Must have been the same "snail mail" that delivered a postcard to us today,
posted in Ireland on the 26th of April but at least it was 2013 !
Old 16 Nov 2013, 10:32 (Ref:3332095)   #2435
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
I knew he wouldn't last with crashbangwallop, I kept saying circuit racings the thing to do . . clearly the Bank of Dad won't fund a proper engine for it!

Quote:
Old 16 Nov 2013, 11:26 (Ref:3332103)   #2436
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Alongside the eBay ad for the famous Anglia this popped up.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1968-GILBE...Automobiles_UK

A rather sad end I thought.
Old 16 Nov 2013, 13:12 (Ref:3332122)   #2437
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by grantp View Post
Alongside the eBay ad for the famous Anglia this popped up.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1968-GILBE...Automobiles_UK

A rather sad end I thought.
Dumfries rather a distance away for most! Shame as Gilbern Owners Club are quite adept at buying abandoned project or spares cars and selling them within the club. 1968 model Genie is a nice car, before grew into wider Invader and gained wheelarch extensions!
Old 16 Nov 2013, 15:37 (Ref:3332156)   #2438
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Changing the subject, I was race director at a kart race at Combe today, the central point of a day of remembrance for Terry Sanger. Couple of old faces I recognised and had a chat with - John Chatham (not racing) and Bob Ridgard come to mind. After us they went off for lunch at the circuit's hospitality centre, a parade lap of the circuit followed by illustrated speeches. Sounds like a good send off.
Old 17 Nov 2013, 06:48 (Ref:3332452)   #2439
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Curiously enough I was wondering how Bob was doing only yesterday.He has been battling ill health for a while. nice to know John is still doing the rounds,one of the genuine characters of historic "motorsport ".
Old 17 Nov 2013, 18:12 (Ref:3332636)   #2440
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Some twenty years back Ridgad Seats and racewear.co.uk were on adjacent stands at a motor sport show at Donington Park that was blighted by snow. We were billeted in local hotels, and spent many convivial hours in each others company. Yes he was looking well yesterday :-)
Old 17 Nov 2013, 18:37 (Ref:3332645)   #2441
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetman View Post
Some twenty years back Ridgad Seats and racewear.co.uk were on adjacent stands at a motor sport show at Donington Park that was blighted by snow. We were billeted in local hotels, and spent many convivial hours in each others company. Yes he was looking well yesterday :-)

Thanks for the info Max,I worked with Bob for around a year not so long ago,playing with various cars. Bloody dry sense of humour!
Old 17 Nov 2013, 19:05 (Ref:3332656)   #2442
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
A realy nice guy, I remember him driving a Jag saloon in a series I was doing years ago
Old 17 Nov 2013, 21:00 (Ref:3332714)   #2443
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
I think he still has it Gordon.
Old 18 Nov 2013, 09:20 (Ref:3332973)   #2444
Eric Falce
Veteran

United Kingdom
Orpington Kent
Eric Falce should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Gordon, how come you have your winter heating already when Tim and I haven't.
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, wine in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"
Old 18 Nov 2013, 09:49 (Ref:3332984)   #2445
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Falce View Post
Yes, I rushed to check if mine was in as well! Not.

Gordon probably gets his early because the paperwork has to go to a Spanish address......

Old 18 Nov 2013, 11:09 (Ref:3333003)   #2446
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
Yes, I rushed to check if mine was in as well! Not.

Gordon probably gets his early because the paperwork has to go to a Spanish address......

Actually they give it to the nice people first, ie, mine came the next day, some of the less ......er ...... not quite so ...... perhaps far nas ...... Uhm ....
Well anyway I'm sure you will get your allowance at least before Christmas.
Old 18 Nov 2013, 13:53 (Ref:3333074)   #2447
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
They give it to the poor first !
Old 18 Nov 2013, 14:25 (Ref:3333086)   #2448
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Falce View Post
Speak for yourself, got a letter on Saturday saying we fit the age criteria on a certain date and £300 would go into the bank within days.
Old 18 Nov 2013, 14:34 (Ref:3333093)   #2449
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
£300!!!!!!!! Wheres Al?
Old 18 Nov 2013, 14:44 (Ref:3333097)   #2450
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Posted by Tim Falce:

Speak for yourself, got a letter on Saturday saying we fit the age criteria on a certain date and £300 would go into the bank within days.

Getting £300 would indicate that you have reached the ripe old age of 80; shurely shome mishtake
Closed Thread