Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 7 Jun 2010, 19:57 (Ref:2706309)   #1
The SpeCTator
Veteran

United Kingdom
South East - England
The SpeCTator should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
DIJON 18-20 June

My wife and I have decided to journey to a new track each year and this year we have decided to make the journey down to DIJION
It looks like a superb event on a challenging track.
We plan to arrive on Friday to have time to take in the paddock, does anyone know if Friday is a test day and also if you can buy a 3 day ticket
Also is there an entry list anywhere on the net?
Thanks for your help!
Old 7 Jun 2010, 21:18 (Ref:2706370)   #2
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Please dont go too Dijion , not sure where that place is. Dijon will be fantastic and fellow 10/10th poster Louis Quino is going to sort out a get together for us all.Send him a PM im sure he will help you with tickets.Not sure where we will be parked yet but the Delta truck will be open for tea and i will look foward to seeing you again.
Old 8 Jun 2010, 04:57 (Ref:2706486)   #3
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The SpeCTator View Post
We plan to arrive on Friday to have time to take in the paddock, does anyone know if Friday is a test day and also if you can buy a 3 day ticket
Thanks for your help!
Friday is qualifying all day. Sorry, don't know about tickets or entry lists. You could PM Louis Q- he has posted on another thread about meeting- maybe should be merged?

Downloads for timetable etc here

See you there! (Morgan # 59, Pre '63 GT)

Last edited by Mike Bell; 8 Jun 2010 at 05:01. Reason: sp
Old 8 Jun 2010, 06:47 (Ref:2706498)   #4
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
We are going with Alta ,Pre War and Woodcote although they seem same race,and giving Porsche Speedster first run out in Pre 63 and may be Woodcote.It's to close to Le Mans to take other cars.

A very good meeting and if you want to spend lots of dosh there is a Michlin star restaurant across road from circuit that is superb.I got someone else to pay!
Old 8 Jun 2010, 07:11 (Ref:2706505)   #5
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
Dijon well worth the trip, one of Europes better circuits

Good work John, Our Hotel only served Dunlop crossply style food
Old 8 Jun 2010, 07:32 (Ref:2706514)   #6
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Dijon really is one of my favorites,lovely area,excellent food and surprisingly reasonable costed restaurants.As for Hotels,the Hostellerie du Chateau comes very high on my list,20 mins across country to Chateaunuef does it for me [nice roads!] About 50euros per night for your own really nice appartment!
The Cellar is particularly 'well stocked' and the Champers aint bad either!
Old 8 Jun 2010, 08:15 (Ref:2706537)   #7
jminsh
Veteran

England
Not far from Oulton Park
jminsh should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
See you all there, will be arriving Thursday pm ish with the Birdbath for the Sir Stirl trophy not best pleased with our timetable though Fri pm Qual and last race Sun .plenty of drinking time . Doh !!
Old 8 Jun 2010, 14:54 (Ref:2706743)   #8
esper
Veteran

Netherlands
nl
esper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Will be there with the Healey in NKHTGT (its at last ready this year!) and will use the Crossle 32 first time with French Historic Formula Ford. Its my first time and I am realy looking forward! Hope the weather and Bourgognes are good!!!!!
Old 8 Jun 2010, 15:26 (Ref:2706768)   #9
graeme
Veteran

United Kingdom
Macclesfield
graeme should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by john ruston View Post
A very good meeting and if you want to spend lots of dosh there is a Michlin star restaurant across road from circuit that is superb.I got someone else to pay!
I'm a bit of a Michelin star junkie, and stumbled across "Auberge de la Charme" in Prenois when I was racing there a couple of years ago. It was the only place around that was open - what a find - I went twice over the weekend! The chef's "randomly picked" menu is good value.

Perhaps another thread - great restaurants near circuits? Discovered "'Zilte" a few miles from Zolder at the weekend.
Old 8 Jun 2010, 16:05 (Ref:2706792)   #10
esper
Veteran

Netherlands
nl
esper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by graeme View Post
I'm a bit of a Michelin star junkie,
Perhaps another thread - great restaurants near circuits? Discovered "'Zilte" a few miles from Zolder at the weekend.
If we talk the same restaurant thats not exactly a few miles (Mol) ??????????
Old 8 Jun 2010, 16:15 (Ref:2706796)   #11
graeme
Veteran

United Kingdom
Macclesfield
graeme should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by esper View Post
If we talk the same restaurant thats not exactly a few miles (Mol) ??????????
Half-an-hours drive? Fair point - its not exactly circuitside... - but worth the drive (or cycle - they are both canalside)
Old 8 Jun 2010, 20:11 (Ref:2706932)   #12
Ben Shuckburgh
Racer

Ben Shuckburgh should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm there for the first time in a black "D" No. 1 (!) for the Woodcote. Really looking forward to it. As a new boy would welcome anyone saying hello so I can put the odd face to the odd name. (not that I'm saying you're odd.........err...).
We thought we'd try and get there for free practice thursday pm. Anyone know if you need to book ahead or is it on the day?

Oops - just saw the other thread with free testing info.
Old 8 Jun 2010, 20:18 (Ref:2706935)   #13
The SpeCTator
Veteran

United Kingdom
South East - England
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
Please dont go too Dijion , not sure where that place is. Dijon will be fantastic and fellow 10/10th poster Louis Quino is going to sort out a get together for us all.Send him a PM im sure he will help you with tickets.Not sure where we will be parked yet but the Delta truck will be open for tea and i will look foward to seeing you again.
Oops! Egg on face, Dijon it is
The timetable looks good.
I will try to sort out some tickets with Louis although I gather you can buy a weekend pass on the gate.

We will certainly come and say hello and a cuppa would be excellent!

Cant wait to get down to Dijon, all the comments give it a great build up.
Old 8 Jun 2010, 22:55 (Ref:2706999)   #14
Duddha
Racer

United Nations
Geneva, Switzerland
Duddha should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDuddha should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDuddha should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by The SpeCTator View Post
My wife and I have decided to journey to a new track each year and this year we have decided to make the journey down to DIJION
It looks like a superb event on a challenging track.
Thanks for your help!
Hi SpeCTator, contact me tomorrow on the email in the signature and I'll get everything sorted, Friday won't be open to public but we can sort it out
See you all at the circuit and Iain will get all the information for the "apéritif" as he said . Louis
Old 16 Jun 2010, 17:13 (Ref:2713262)   #15
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Well, news from Dijon is that it is raining! Not getting in this eve so trailers abandoned and people heading for hotels.

Having left home at 0300 some sleep seems good idea.

Looks like the rainex will be needed tomorrow at least!
Old 16 Jun 2010, 20:00 (Ref:2713344)   #16
The SpeCTator
Veteran

United Kingdom
South East - England
Mike

Thanks for the warning, wet weather gear being packed for 04.30 departure tomorrow. At least its not in the flood zone as seen on BBC News!
Old 16 Jun 2010, 21:18 (Ref:2713383)   #17
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Mike, bit of a change from Stoke Row then Have a good one! Strangely, Dijon#s rain was mentioned on the radio this arvo in a worldwide weather check - I thought of you!

I adore Dijon, we've taken a gite there a couple of times, city's lovely, countryside's gorgeous, circuit's superb. GP de l'Age d'Or is a lovely meeting, we've raced both there and at the Trophee de Bourgogne. Enjoy, chaps!
Old 16 Jun 2010, 23:30 (Ref:2713446)   #18
SZRacer
Racer

England
North Cotswolds
SZRacer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSZRacer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Will hopefully be there in the usual slow, red, Italian 'wheels' in pre-63GT. Look forward to seeing you all, maybe over a beer or 'local brew'.

Bloody typical - Packed all my 'sunbathing' gear, based on my experiences racing there two years ago and three years ago. Now it's forecast to be colder than England!

I fear it's my jinx coming back, chaps!

Back in October 2001, Nick Savage and I sat in a very, very wet paddock in Snetterton, and vowed to race somewhere warmer the following year.

We duly booked in to do the Trofeo Alberto Ascari at Imola. We landed in Italy and the temperature was a sunny 25 degrees. It then clouded over that night and chucked it down all weekend, with Northern Italy experiencing the wettest weather for 20 years. There were even landslides! Doh!

James
Old 17 Jun 2010, 04:16 (Ref:2713495)   #19
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
OK James, will blame you! Saw the floods on French TV, so am thankful not that bad! Hopefully drier for w/end.
Old 17 Jun 2010, 05:15 (Ref:2713508)   #20
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Forgot to say that looks like has rained all night- And still is. BBC now say sunny on sat, so yippee for that!

Just found French version of Shaun the sheep on tv so maybe stay here.....
Old 17 Jun 2010, 07:24 (Ref:2713549)   #21
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
Saun the sheep en Francais? I thought he was Welsh?

we get 'Rorberto il constructione' and 'Patrice La poste' here.

weather looks ok for weekend, just a bit damp now . . fingers crossed I wouldn't fancy taking 'gauche de la bretelle' too quickly in the wet
Old 17 Jun 2010, 07:50 (Ref:2713565)   #22
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Have fun down there everyone,last invite I had to race there I had to turn down [had only just got back from LM] Possibly not a very smart thing to do! Hey Ho.
Old 17 Jun 2010, 17:47 (Ref:2713840)   #23
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Sun came out around 4pm, just in time for last free practice. Still slippy though, and a river or two!

Iain set up camp with sharknose included- sounds awesome!

Ian Conway arrived late pm, now at hotel for needed shower and some grub! Must catch weather report- would be nice to be able to take some kerb!
Old 17 Jun 2010, 19:29 (Ref:2713908)   #24
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
>>>>>>>>I wouldn't fancy taking 'gauche de la bretelle' too quickly in the wet

'Sfun!
Old 20 Jun 2010, 05:53 (Ref:2714934)   #25
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Pre 63 practice was first thing yesterday when track very damp but at least not raining! Amazed myself by getting Morgan up to P8, although a couple of seconds behind other plus 4s. James's SZ also going well.

Iain happy as the Volpini went well, met several other tenthers from Europe as well as Mr & Mrs Spectator. U2TC race lost 3 cars in first lap shunt resulting in 20 min SC while 2 cars recovered. Ian Conway had fun in Dutch GT race mixing it with everything from GT40s & Fiat Abarths!

Looks dry outside but still talk of showers. Ian has 2nd race late morn and Pre 63 is at 1530. Fingers crossed!