Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 15 Apr 2006, 14:35 (Ref:1582878)   #1
marzF1rocks
Racer

England
Derbyshire
marzF1rocks has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Structure of Space between Races

Don't get me wrong im not moaning
But is it me or does there seem to be a random pattern betweeen races

Bahraine to malysia 1wk difference

Malysia to melbourne 2wk difference

Melbourne to Imala 3wks difference

does any1 no why this is, it seems a little crazy at most the grand prix usto b every 2wks
Old 15 Apr 2006, 15:07 (Ref:1582886)   #2
vs346
Racer

Greenland
vs346 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The short turn around time between Bahrain and Malaysia was to reduce the total amount of time spent away from home, i.e. Europe for the teams. As a result, he teams were basically on the road for three weeks instead of 4 as it would have been had the difference between each race been the usual two weeks. One week's worth saved of travel is a lot in F1.

The three weeks between Melbourne and Imola, I guess is to give teams time to regroup and test a bit as well.

Either way the total amount of time between the first race and the 4th race is the usual 6 weeks.
Old 15 Apr 2006, 17:04 (Ref:1582935)   #3
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Seems like a completely logical structure to me - going from Bahrain to Malaysia is easier than going from outside Europe to within Europe. Having a short break afte rthe first few races is ideal from a devleopment perspective - teams who didn't have everythign quite right at the start suffer for it, but not irrepairably.
Old 15 Apr 2006, 17:07 (Ref:1582938)   #4
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
Not Much North of Montana
Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!
Makes a lot of sense to me, but I thought there was only a one-week gap between Malaysia and Melbourne?
Old 15 Apr 2006, 20:18 (Ref:1583045)   #5
marzF1rocks
Racer

England
Derbyshire
marzF1rocks has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Thanks for that it does seem to make sense...

Lets hope everybody is improved in imalo
Old 16 Apr 2006, 11:32 (Ref:1584912)   #6
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
We should have completely regimented two week gaps so that life can be that little more dull.

The calendar works out like it does for many reasons. I liked the old way of GP in January a with 'random' massive gaps and short gaps.
Old 16 Apr 2006, 11:36 (Ref:1584915)   #7
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Oh no, that's horrible! I'm lost when we have three week gaps!

Keep it the way it is, it's fine.
Old 16 Apr 2006, 12:15 (Ref:1584946)   #8
1200Datto27
Veteran

Australia
Croydon
1200Datto27 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
It also gave the team members that had been away from home/family for the 4~5 weeks a chance to spend time with their families (iirc, most teams give the race crews the week off when they get back from the opening races) and also to recover before they are out on the road again.
Old 16 Apr 2006, 13:08 (Ref:1584994)   #9
Suze
Veteran

England
Suze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I don't like the uber gaps when they come - but certainly with Bahrain and Malaysia, it made sense to do it the way they did.
Old 16 Apr 2006, 14:19 (Ref:1585036)   #10
Kirk
Veteran

Kirk has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Three weeks seems like a long time at this early stage, but it does create some extra drama in the anticipation of what will be introduced for Imola.
Old 16 Apr 2006, 14:20 (Ref:1585037)   #11
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
It's just common sense really.

They do a similar thing with Canada and USA......it's more cost effective and convenient.

I think we have four sets of back to back races this year, do we not?
Old 16 Apr 2006, 14:26 (Ref:1585041)   #12
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
It makes complete sense, three away races in a row followed by a break before the European stage.. because people get tired and would like to see family and the like..
Old 16 Apr 2006, 15:09 (Ref:1585077)   #13
maltafan
Veteran

Malta
obviously, Malta
maltafan has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
At least there was some testing dring these 3 weeks.
Old 17 Apr 2006, 07:30 (Ref:1585558)   #14
FPV GTHO
Veteran

Australia
St Marys, NSW
FPV GTHO should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Probably came as a result of Melbourne being moved up
Old 17 Apr 2006, 07:40 (Ref:1585566)   #15
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!
There is always a 3-week gap to Imola.

The unusual thing was having the first two races back-to-back.
Old 18 Apr 2006, 20:39 (Ref:1587959)   #16
Suze
Veteran

England
Suze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Yep, though the reasons why make sense.
Old 18 Apr 2006, 20:49 (Ref:1587967)   #17
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
I reckon they should do the first three races back-to-back-to-back.
Old 18 Apr 2006, 21:15 (Ref:1587992)   #18
Suze
Veteran

England
lol erms...maybe...!
Old 18 Apr 2006, 21:40 (Ref:1588017)   #19
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
Why not?

We could give 'em an extra week until Imola to make up for it.
Old 19 Apr 2006, 00:04 (Ref:1588159)   #20
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutton
Why not?

We could give 'em an extra week until Imola to make up for it.
Hasn't the wait been long enough?
Old 19 Apr 2006, 00:08 (Ref:1588161)   #21
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
Yes, but three races in three weeks would be immense .
Old 19 Apr 2006, 00:12 (Ref:1588164)   #22
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutton
Yes, but three races in three weeks would be immense .
My Wife would not agree with you on that i don't think.But since they're all early morning starts (well two of them anyway) in this part of the world i could probably get away with it.

Last edited by Marbot; 19 Apr 2006 at 00:14.
Old 19 Apr 2006, 04:47 (Ref:1588298)   #23
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

I'm sure there were three races back to back in 2001....
Old 19 Apr 2006, 04:56 (Ref:1588304)   #24
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
Not according to Formula1.com's archive. It seems it was all two weeks gaps, with the exception of one occurance of back-to-back races.

Last edited by Dutton; 19 Apr 2006 at 04:58.
Old 19 Apr 2006, 04:59 (Ref:1588310)   #25
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Well, there we go then....