Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Overdrive BTCC Diecast Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Armchair Enthusiast

Old 31 Dec 2006, 10:36 (Ref:1802125)   #1
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
(UK) 2 F1 programmes today

ITV1's season review is on from 11.25-12.25, and BBC Radio 5 are repeating a show originally broadcast on Christmas Day called 'The Schumacher Years', from 14.00-15.00.
Old 31 Dec 2006, 12:25 (Ref:1802156)   #2
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
luke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridluke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Thanks. Was quite good.
Old 31 Dec 2006, 12:56 (Ref:1802165)   #3
Rockmunky
Veteran

England
'artfordshire
Rockmunky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRockmunky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I always miss the ITV season review/preview thingy. Oh well, i couldn't of missed much.
Old 31 Dec 2006, 13:11 (Ref:1802172)   #4
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Truly awful stuff really. It didn't even have DC slagging off all and sundry like previous years.

Pointless, awful, dreadful, hateful.

Still, it was nice to see some F1 cars again!
Old 31 Dec 2006, 14:24 (Ref:1802208)   #5
Suze
Veteran

England
Suze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
It wasn't that bad Knowles...!
Old 31 Dec 2006, 14:45 (Ref:1802225)   #6
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
luke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridluke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Exactly. I think he wanted to see more Montoya.
Old 31 Dec 2006, 14:53 (Ref:1802231)   #7
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Brilliant response.

I should say that I expected no better than this from ITV. After all, they can barely cover races with any degree of professionalism or originality. To expect them to do so in an off-season programme is just daft.

It was just stultifying boredom though. Some may find a James Allen jolly to Maranello or wherever, or yet another run through the Hungarian GP orgasmic. I just found it plain uninspiring to be honest.

Anyhow, enough negativity, happy new year! Roll on March for some more moaning.
Old 31 Dec 2006, 15:30 (Ref:1802257)   #8
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
I thought they got the stories of the year in the right order for F1 Worldwide though.

The predictable Button stuff didn't happen until much later in the show!

They gave the title battle top billing, got the JPM leaving thing in quite early and also gave serious mention to Kubica, admittedly because they ran it in order of Constructors finishing positions!

However a few words with Lewis and AD would've been a very good idea don't we think?
Old 31 Dec 2006, 15:33 (Ref:1802260)   #9
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

The way to do a season review is illustrated by Eurosport. The MotoGP reviews are usually great. 1.5 to 2 hours, going over all races and discussing the finer points of the season.
Old 31 Dec 2006, 20:52 (Ref:1802483)   #10
Suze
Veteran

England
Suze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
chunterer - your last sentence was exactly what I was expecting. Although they did the looking to next year bit with Kimi and Fernando's moves and did talk about the fact there will be four British drivers competing next year, I also expected a few words with the two drivers you mentioned.

Shame they had to repeat Allen's commentary as Button crossed the finish line though!
Old 31 Dec 2006, 22:08 (Ref:1802515)   #11
sceptic
Veteran

sceptic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer
However a few words with Lewis and AD would've been a very good idea don't we think?
No.
Neither took part in an F1 race in 2006.

Remember this was a review show.

When they do their 2007 preview I am sure there will be more than enough from both of them.
Old 31 Dec 2006, 22:32 (Ref:1802527)   #12
Suze
Veteran

England
Agree, though as per my earlier post they did do a small preview for next year anyway in this review show so not sure why they couldn't include one or the other - the only mention of either of them I can remember was a brief "and Davidson will be at SA next season" and similar for Lewis.