Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

View Poll Results: So who is going to win it!
Lewis Hamilton 20 48.78%
Kimi Raikkonen 12 29.27%
Fernando Alonso 9 21.95%
Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

Old 7 Oct 2007, 12:26 (Ref:2033888)   #251
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Oh... and maybe more rain... much more rain.
Old 7 Oct 2007, 14:55 (Ref:2034016)   #252
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Lewis will take it, he is very focused and it's in the cards for him...
Old 7 Oct 2007, 15:50 (Ref:2034057)   #253
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bononi
Oh... and maybe more rain... much more rain.
Is there something that you're not telling us?
Old 7 Oct 2007, 15:56 (Ref:2034063)   #254
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremySmith
Lewis will take it, he is very focused and it's in the cards for him...
Let's hope that he sees the next Joker coming.
Old 7 Oct 2007, 15:57 (Ref:2034064)   #255
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by martyn bott
Is there something that you're not telling us?
No... I just told !
Old 7 Oct 2007, 22:48 (Ref:2034448)   #256
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by f1manoz

Mostly I'd just like Alonso or Kimi to win it after the ridiculous comments Ecclestone made the other day about why they shouldn't be World Champions this year.
Haven't heard about that one, anyone got a link?

Although i have nothing against Lewis, i wanted Fernando to win the title at the start of the season, and i'm not going to "jump ship" mid (or make that late) season! But mostly i want Fernando to win it just to hear James Allen publicly cry on prime time national TV
Old 7 Oct 2007, 23:54 (Ref:2034492)   #257
pottiella
Veteran

pottiella should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
lol you've missed the "LH is the Saviour of F1" comments Mr V? They're positively hilarious...or something.
Old 8 Oct 2007, 00:12 (Ref:2034497)   #258
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by pottiella
lol you've missed the "LH is the Saviour of F1" comments Mr V? They're positively hilarious...or something.
These comments are coming true.LH unselfishly beeches his car on the only bit of gravel for miles around just so we can all watch a very thrilling climax in Brazil.What a Star.
Old 8 Oct 2007, 02:45 (Ref:2034537)   #259
Fish_Flake
Veteran

Georgia
The Foothills of North Georgia
Fish_Flake should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridFish_Flake should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridFish_Flake should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I have a correction to make in the tiebreaker scenarios. If Alonso finishes second and Hamilton fifth, it would bring Alonso even with Hamilton on number of second-place finishes, but it would also give Hamilton an advantage on number of fifth-place finishes, giving Lewis the advantage. With that, here is an updated list of championship permutations.

Hamilton Wins
Hamilton finishes first or second
Hamilton finishes third, fourth, or fifth; Alonso finishes second or worse
Hamilton finishes sixth or seventh; Alonso finishes third or worse, and Raikkonen finishes second or worse
Hamilton finishes eighth; Alonso finishes fourth or worse, and Raikkonen finishes third or worse
Hamilton finishes ninth or worse; Alonso finishes fifth or worse, and Raikkonen finishes third or worse

Alonso Wins
Alonso finishes first; Hamilton finishes third or worse
Alonso finishes second; Hamilton finishes sixth or worse
Alonso finishes third; Hamilton finishes eighth or worse, and Raikkonen finishes second or worse
Alonso finishes fourth; Hamilton finishes ninth or worse, and Raikkonen finishes third or worse

Raikkonen Wins
Raikkonen finishes first; Hamilton finishes sixth or worse, and Alonso finishes third or worse
Raikkonen finishes second; Hamilton finishes eighth or worse, and Alonso finishes fourth or worse
Old 8 Oct 2007, 07:45 (Ref:2034689)   #260
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
I suppose Ferrari's dream scenario would be for both McLaren's to take each other out or not finish in the points and then have Massa winning his home GP with Kimi coming in second.Stranger things......
Old 8 Oct 2007, 08:02 (Ref:2034702)   #261
climb
Veteran

St Pierre and Miquelon
closer than you thought!
climb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridclimb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by martyn bott
I suppose Ferrari's dream scenario would be for both McLaren's to take each other out or not finish in the points ......
That's why they didn't press Massa to pass Alonso: the closer in the points are the two macs drivers, the harder the battle between them, the higher the odds of a reciprocal damage.
Of Alonso attacks Hamilton, for instance, no matter what position they're fighting for, LKewis cannot easily afford to let him past and keep quiet behind him.
That's the only hope for Ferrari; otherwise Kimi's out, no matter how good is his race in Brazil
Old 8 Oct 2007, 12:26 (Ref:2034919)   #262
Fish_Flake
Veteran

Georgia
The Foothills of North Georgia
Fish_Flake should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridFish_Flake should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridFish_Flake should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by climb
That's why they didn't press Massa to pass Alonso: the closer in the points are the two macs drivers, the harder the battle between them, the higher the odds of a reciprocal damage.
Of Alonso attacks Hamilton, for instance, no matter what position they're fighting for, LKewis cannot easily afford to let him past and keep quiet behind him.
That's the only hope for Ferrari; otherwise Kimi's out, no matter how good is his race in Brazil
Raikkonen has a lot more hope than that. What he needs in any case is for a mistake to be made in Hamilton's camp that sends him back in the race order to at least sixth (eighth if Raikkonen runs second). Since he has a teammate working in full cooperation with him, making up the deficit over Alonso is pretty simple: Massa acts as a buffer between the two drivers, and that gives Raikkonen the points he needs to overtake the other McLaren driver.

Alonso's only realistic hope is if he wins the race. If he finishes second, Hamilton needs to finish sixth, which is the position Raikkonen needs Hamilton in to overtake him in the standings with a win. Raikkonen has a wingman in Massa, so Alonso would likely finish third rather than second if Raikkonen is ahead of him. Therefore, Alonso would need a mistake from the Ferrari camp to bring him an advantage in any scenario that doesn't involve him winning.

I'm interested in seeing what Hamilton does. Fifth place gives him the championship in any case but an Alonso win, but sixth place gives both challengers favorable odds. Does he push hard for the win and risk making a big mistake under pressure like he did in China, or does he lean back and risk a midfield driver spoiling his plans?
Old 8 Oct 2007, 16:02 (Ref:2035049)   #263
LampCord
Racer

LampCord should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I still can't get over Hamilton beaching that car in the pits entrance. If he loses this championship, that could go down in history as one of the great blunders in the history of sports. Its going to make for a very, very long offseason for young Lewis if that happens!

Anyone know if there is any truth to the rumor that had LH wrapped up the championship, McLaren intended to sit FA in the final race in response to his comments about team favoritism?
Old 8 Oct 2007, 16:12 (Ref:2035057)   #264
Alan Raine
Veteran

England
Hale, Cheshire
Alan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAlan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAlan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAlan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Personally I don't really mind who wins it as I think all 3 deserve it.

Having said that I'm going for Raikkonen as he has kept out of all the Ferrari/Mclaren rubbish, not critised his team or team mates and kept out of all the media hype.

I have a feeling once Hamilton gets in his stride a few championships are going to go his way!
Old 8 Oct 2007, 17:24 (Ref:2035110)   #265
LampCord
Racer

LampCord should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Raine
Having said that I'm going for Raikkonen as he has kept out of all the Ferrari/Mclaren rubbish, not critised his team or team mates and kept out of all the media hype.
I don't believe I've ever really heard Kimi make any kind of negative comment about his team or team mates. That's very commendable. For a guy who takes a lot of grief for some of his off track activities, his behavior on the track and with the press has been superb. And he was really in a nip and tuck battle with Massa most of the season but neither one ever seemed to have a bad word for the other.

Quite a different story at the McLaren camp! It would be somewhat fitting in the end if the two McLaren drivers took each other out only to have Kimi snatch the championship from both of them! I think I'll root for Kimi too.
Old 8 Oct 2007, 23:04 (Ref:2035390)   #266
Wrex
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne - Home of the Australian GP
Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!
It would seem F1-Facts knows something we don't. Lewis will be the WDC in 2007.

http://f1-facts.com/statistics/drivers/races_won

Does it without scoring another point too
Old 8 Oct 2007, 23:21 (Ref:2035397)   #267
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Just slightly jumping the gun there methinks.

Here's another ready reckoner.

http://www.crash.net/news_view~cid~1~id~155578.htm

Of course,if the race was called off for some reason then Lewis wouldn't have to turn another wheel after qually was done (assuming that qually takes place).

Last edited by Marbot; 8 Oct 2007 at 23:25.
Old 8 Oct 2007, 23:50 (Ref:2035403)   #268
alonso11
Veteran

Hungary
Budapest
alonso11 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrex
It would seem F1-Facts knows something we don't. Lewis will be the WDC in 2007.

http://f1-facts.com/statistics/drivers/races_won
great little place to read some facts
Old 9 Oct 2007, 01:22 (Ref:2035447)   #269
pottiella
Veteran

I reckon Brazil is going to be a bit of an anti-climax (I'm having an eeyore moment again)...and Lewis is going to walk the championship in a processional final race. Mark my words my friends...not been too wrong so far!
Old 9 Oct 2007, 01:54 (Ref:2035459)   #270
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

When was the last time that the Brazilian GP was a processional boring race ??
Old 9 Oct 2007, 02:08 (Ref:2035461)   #271
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
I think there is going to be a fight between these three guys like we have not witnessed all season...Hold on to your seats ladies and gentlemen!!!
Old 9 Oct 2007, 02:22 (Ref:2035471)   #272
pottiella
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bononi
When was the last time that the Brazilian GP was a processional boring race ??
sorry Bononi...I forgot about the company we keep here

Right then Jeremy..lets shake on it...you say explosive finale, I say anti-climax...we'll revisit this it 2 weeks time, ok?!
Old 9 Oct 2007, 02:25 (Ref:2035475)   #273
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
Absolutely Pottiella ! you have a deal...
Old 9 Oct 2007, 02:29 (Ref:2035477)   #274
pottiella
Veteran

I guess we both still agree Lewis is gonna win it though, eh?
Old 9 Oct 2007, 03:00 (Ref:2035486)   #275
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
Yes