Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 2 Jul 2016, 11:06 (Ref:3656228)   #2376
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
tbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Oh and on the top of the Audi Fan Area of course.....
I didn't make Le Mans last year, but I went to the Audi area for the first time in 2014. I was up there for dawn and it was a perfect spot (and light) for panning.

I had the same plan for 2016 and I got to the Audi viewing platform about 6. Got myself a spot and, at about 7:30, it was starting to brighten up so I was hopeful for some decent shots... and then the bouncers cleared the entire platform off: very frustrating! Still, that resulted in me walking down to Tertre Rouge, so should be thankful really.

Great list though. Couple of spots there I haven't tried yet, so I will have to remember those for next time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
Apologies if it's been discussed elsewhere - did anyone try out the Red Bull pop up stands during the race? They were basically packed out with photographers because they got you over the fence.

I didn't try them, but I wish I had! Lovely shots, especially that first one of the Ligier. Have you got any more?
Old 2 Jul 2016, 12:22 (Ref:3656245)   #2377
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbtstt View Post
I didn't try them, but I wish I had! Lovely shots, especially that first one of the Ligier. Have you got any more?
Cheers! Yeah I got plenty from there. You should be able to pick out the places from my set - https://www.flickr.com/photos/949985...57670318566445
Old 2 Jul 2016, 19:02 (Ref:3656306)   #2378
Starfish Primer
Veteran

Spain
A Spaniard in Milton Keynes
Starfish Primer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridStarfish Primer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridStarfish Primer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
The inside of Tertre Rouge is now one of the few places where you can get above the fences. I have literally thousands from there over the last few years. There are one or two other spots, through the fence at the marshals gap at the Ford Chicane, the new viewing area at Indianapolis, the gap at the end of the viewing area at the bottom of the Esses and also at Mulsanne Corner, but most other places are obscured by fencing. Oh and on the top of the Audi Fan Area of course.....
This year it was crowded, I've wsn't able to get a good shot with so many heads. Other years I could made a few good shots but this year not.
Old 3 Jul 2016, 08:29 (Ref:3656430)   #2379
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Tertre Rouge? I found it OK. I went there about 10 pm in the race.
Old 3 Jul 2016, 16:13 (Ref:3656592)   #2380
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The gal gallery
http://americancarsamericangirls.com...egasus-racing/

(mostly from motorsport.com but some others too)
Old 3 Jul 2016, 21:01 (Ref:3656767)   #2381
Starfish Primer
Veteran

Spain
A Spaniard in Milton Keynes
Starfish Primer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridStarfish Primer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridStarfish Primer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Tertre Rouge? I found it OK. I went there about 10 pm in the race.
I was between 6 and 8 pm and I saw more people than previous years.
Old 4 Jul 2016, 10:45 (Ref:3656858)   #2382
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
tbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
Cheers! Yeah I got plenty from there. You should be able to pick out the places from my set - https://www.flickr.com/photos/949985...57670318566445
Excellent work, some cracking shots in the album!
Old 4 Jul 2016, 13:23 (Ref:3656892)   #2383
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbtstt View Post
Excellent work, some cracking shots in the album!
Thanks Steve - kind of you to say!
Old 6 Jul 2016, 14:49 (Ref:3657274)   #2384
rx555
Rookie

United States
St. Louis
rx555 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Good stuff above. Thanks for sharing. Here's what I managed to get http://smg.photobucket.com/user/rx55...hr%20Le%20Mans
Old 8 Jul 2016, 01:13 (Ref:3657585)   #2385
Gilles lives!
Veteran

England
Kent.
Gilles lives! should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Some excellent and varied shots have been posted already well done. My motley collection (which I am still adding to )can be found at the link below.

Corvette in the rain. by Paul Babington, on Flickr

Album - https://www.flickr.com/gp/brit_27/JgGZz2
Old 21 Aug 2016, 13:28 (Ref:3666873)   #2386
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
To save me ploughing back through here, can someone remind me if Toyota have revealed exactly what happened to #5 in those heart-breaking last few minutes?
Old 21 Aug 2016, 13:38 (Ref:3666875)   #2387
canamman
Veteran

United States
canamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
In a nutshell, lost the turbo.

http://www.autoevolution.com/news/to...bo-108791.html
Old 21 Aug 2016, 13:52 (Ref:3666878)   #2388
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Ah, thanks very much for that.