Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 17 Jul 2009, 05:53 (Ref:2503101)   #26
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
Terry B is obviously having his Williams Test Drive that day so we have lost his backing!
Old 17 Jul 2009, 07:03 (Ref:2503116)   #27
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sorry to disappoint but its far better than a poxy test drive.
Old 17 Jul 2009, 07:35 (Ref:2503131)   #28
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Thanks John but this is my treat and a thanks to our Marshall friends for 40 years digging me out of Armco, then those horrible catch fencing, and of course good old gravel.Looking foward to meeting everyone.
Old 17 Jul 2009, 07:49 (Ref:2503139)   #29
rogerwills
Veteran

New Zealand
London
rogerwills should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrogerwills should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I was one of the originators of the idea of a BBQ for marshalls etc after last year's event - here:

http://tentenths.com/forum/showpost....5&postcount=28

Iain, I've ordered a few cases of beer today that will be in our truck and which I will bring along as a contribution.

All of our crew will be in attendance as well.

Looking forward to it!
Old 17 Jul 2009, 08:39 (Ref:2503164)   #30
simon drabble
Veteran

simon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Sadly I wont be able to stay for the Barbie but I will definitely come along to say hello - dont worry JR, I am a really cheap date - dont drink and bring my own lardie ;o)
Terence is clearly on a friday night promise - at his age not to be sneezed and and explains his absence for the rest of the weekend. Either that or he is Bourdais replacement... they did say it was a young steed rising through the ranks!
Old 17 Jul 2009, 12:28 (Ref:2503272)   #31
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
Across the M40 from Gaydon...
Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!
I shall be around and about, purely as a 'saying hello' exercise, never having had the pleasure of extracting Ian from anything.

I look forward to the merry gathering!
Old 17 Jul 2009, 13:14 (Ref:2503296)   #32
Pretty Vacant
Rookie

England
Deepest Darkest Dorset
Pretty Vacant should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Delta, looks like if Zola is attending then I guess I will be too! Along with the other PV driver! Maybe we should bring some good old Dorset Scrumpy!?

See you all there.
Old 17 Jul 2009, 16:24 (Ref:2503384)   #33
Robin_D
Veteran

British Antarctic Territory
Warwickshire, UK
Robin_D should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridRobin_D should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridRobin_D should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Well yes name badge for when we forget who we are.

But I was thinking so we know who is who. Have your user name on a sticky label. Tell you what I will supply the labels? lol.

Seriously now though, is there anything I can bring to help out?
Old 17 Jul 2009, 21:48 (Ref:2503537)   #34
SZRacer
Racer

England
North Cotswolds
SZRacer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSZRacer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well, d'you know anyone who could help serving drinks?

..preferably who looks a bit like this, if it's OK with you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin_D View Post
Seriously now though, is there anything I can bring to help out?
Old 17 Jul 2009, 22:19 (Ref:2503558)   #35
SZRacer
Racer

England
North Cotswolds
SZRacer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSZRacer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Oh, and apologies female readers, for my first sexist posting in 3 years on this forum.

J
Old 17 Jul 2009, 22:34 (Ref:2503569)   #36
White flag man
Veteran

Greenland
West Hampstead, North London
White flag man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridWhite flag man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Thanks for the kind offer Delta. Unfortunately I can't make it as we're having a family gathering at my brother's in Buckingham. Don't get your fingers too close to the marshals when they're eating, you may lose a few!
Old 17 Jul 2009, 22:51 (Ref:2503581)   #37
ChrisA
Veteran

England
Sutton In Ashfield
ChrisA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridChrisA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Can you get the Pussycat Dolls to join us?
Would be an interesting evening!!!
Old 19 Jul 2009, 08:39 (Ref:2504069)   #38
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisA View Post
Can you get the Pussycat Dolls to join us?
Would be an interesting evening!!!
Think the plan is me and Alan to get out off clearing up and go and see the Pussy Cat Dolls on stage. As it happened had the radio on yesterday on way to Rockingham and they played one of their records. I thought it was very pleasant.All in all looking forward to the BBQ.I did mention to Torque Wrench yesterday but she muttered something about seeing Santana!" he's on Saturday"
Old 19 Jul 2009, 09:49 (Ref:2504098)   #39
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Iain,I was going to settle up with you for The Racing Car Show next weekend.I'll have to either send it or if your at Masters,Donington we'll sort it then.
Old 19 Jul 2009, 18:55 (Ref:2504307)   #40
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I've heard of the PCDs of course, altho couldn't put my finger on anything they sing, but Santana appears to have passed me by - his web site isn't much help, is there anything he performs I should know? I've listened to a few tracks on YouTube and they're not my cup of tea, so point me in the way of what I should listen out for.
Old 19 Jul 2009, 19:29 (Ref:2504323)   #41
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
How about this?
Not really my cup of tea either but OK if you want an evening of nostalgia.
Old 19 Jul 2009, 20:20 (Ref:2504351)   #42
ChrisA
Veteran

England
Sutton In Ashfield
ChrisA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridChrisA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by falcemob View Post
How about this?
Not really my cup of tea either but OK if you want an evening of nostalgia.
Very good, but live. Try the Abraxas album, one of the best albums of the late '60's early '70's. He's also had 3/4 hits in the last 5 years too, mostly singles.
Old 19 Jul 2009, 20:22 (Ref:2504356)   #43
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Nice one Tim ,getting very excited now about the weekend.Multi preparers passes arrived today most of the cars are ready so its just the charcoal to worry about.
Old 19 Jul 2009, 20:26 (Ref:2504363)   #44
ChrisA
Veteran

England
Sutton In Ashfield
Delta, did you say you were at Rockingham on Saturday? Driving what and which race? I have been there all w/end marshalling.
Old 19 Jul 2009, 21:23 (Ref:2504438)   #45
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
I was on the spanners Saturday Chris..Look foward to meeting you at Silverstone.
Old 19 Jul 2009, 21:34 (Ref:2504447)   #46
ChrisA
Veteran

England
Sutton In Ashfield
Just looked on Metcheck. Friday and Saturday...dry and cool. Sunday, warmer and still dry.
Old 20 Jul 2009, 05:35 (Ref:2504598)   #47
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisA View Post
Very good, but live. Try the Abraxas album, one of the best albums of the late '60's early '70's. He's also had 3/4 hits in the last 5 years too, mostly singles.
Abraxas,Absolutely! I've still got it in the collection.
Old 20 Jul 2009, 09:17 (Ref:2504687)   #48
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetman View Post
I've heard of the PCDs of course, altho couldn't put my finger on anything they sing, but Santana appears to have passed me by - his web site isn't much help, is there anything he performs I should know? I've listened to a few tracks on YouTube and they're not my cup of tea, so point me in the way of what I should listen out for.
If you weren't around in the late sixties then you won't understand; like TB I have Abraxas on vinyl, and could lend it, but you probably don't have the gear to play it
Old 21 Jul 2009, 13:05 (Ref:2505434)   #49
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Thanks for all replies. Im going to Rolling Road first thing then up to Silverstone to set up. Looks like we will have around 60 10/10.ers for BBQ.We will cater for 80 so if there are any straglers dont worry.
The list.
Rog x8.
Mike Bellx6.
Kit Car1. x2.
Zakeriath.x2.
James Murray.x3.
Robin D.
Arnage Arnie.
Falcemob. "Tim "
John 875x2.
Chris A.x2.
SZ James "with cocktail waitress" I hope.
Midget Manx2
Paul Leedham.
Alan and Fay. "who are they ?"
Zola.x 2
Jordy girl x 2.
Simon Drabble. "milk shake only "
Tim the Grey.
Pretty Vacant.
Last but not least JR.
Look foward to meeting you all. Iain.
Old 21 Jul 2009, 13:12 (Ref:2505442)   #50
simon drabble
Veteran

simon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
and lets not forget absent friends - our Tel will be in our Spa rep office!!