Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 30 Nov 2007, 06:56 (Ref:2078472)   #51
David Towe
Veteran

England
Glenmore Park NSW
David Towe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Now I've got an extra reason to come to the Morgan Park historic meeting next year, can we park the XR8 a few houses down the road while I'm there?
Old 30 Nov 2007, 07:01 (Ref:2078473)   #52
Bimmerhead
Racer

Bimmerhead should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just make sure you take a few extra days so I can take you to a few Granite Belt wineries. How about if I drive the 535 while you're here instead - yes, I've still got it
Old 30 Nov 2007, 07:10 (Ref:2078476)   #53
David Towe
Veteran

England
Glenmore Park NSW
David Towe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just don't corner too hard, you'll spill my Southern and Coke. Sorry.
Old 1 Dec 2007, 01:40 (Ref:2079125)   #54
johnny yuma
Veteran

johnny yuma should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Can't let the truth slide by.Much as I love MCM and Historics,the Eastern Creek SPECTATOR crowds are nowhere near the peak crowds that went to V8 Supercars.Crowded and vibrant in the pits,but elsewhere very much the SECOND MOST POPULAR event.If it were possible to combine HSRCA with MCM then you'd see something to rival Phillip Island Classic.Different sure but it would be a Sydney Special.Then if the Tasman Revival got bundled in over a long weekend,you might see Emperor Tony's Circus Maximus get humbled.

The other myth is spectators attend to Enjoy The Facilities.Bollards! 40,000 attended OP when the facilities were literally crap and it was just part of the joke.If the categories are interesting (ie no parity/one make crap) and the racing good people will come.
Old 1 Dec 2007, 08:22 (Ref:2079220)   #55
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny yuma
Can't let the truth slide by.Much as I love MCM and Historics,the Eastern Creek SPECTATOR crowds are nowhere near the peak crowds that went to V8 Supercars.
Even with the weather for the v8 round, for the MCM to outdraw the v8s in 2007 was an impressive performance.
Old 3 Dec 2007, 01:33 (Ref:2080217)   #56
Peddler
Racer

Australia
Camden, NSW
Peddler has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Interesting comments in this thread...

Have not stop thinking about it after refining more accurate numbers and details based current Sydney tracks. I also was fortunate to speak to a few key people who were instrumental in the instigation and planning of Eastern Creek for the NSW State Government some years ago and I now know how viable financially another club level circuit could be.

What’s even more interesting is that I have also spoken to other persons who might be considering as such and learnt that there infact has already been a group formed, who are planning to develop another club level track in within an hour and a half of Sydney CBD and whom have already purchased a large parcel of land. I wish i did, but i dont know anymore than that.

Maybe we will get another track???

Go the Datto!!!