Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 8 Jun 2012, 00:22 (Ref:3087247)   #26
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by formerf1champ View Post
So, what you're saying is...I'd be wrong?

Yep, i think thats what he's saying
Old 8 Jun 2012, 00:29 (Ref:3087249)   #27
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Uhn... Kubica is not coming back... the title is wrong.
Old 8 Jun 2012, 01:42 (Ref:3087266)   #28
JohnSSC
Veteran

Slovenia
Pittsburgh
JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!
I just hope Robert gets better and we stop reading of additional surgeries. If he comes back, he comes back. If not, hopefully he will be at least pain-free.
"He's still a young guy and I always think, slightly morbidly, the last thing you learn is how to die and at the end of the day everybody learns every single day." - The Ever-Cheerfull Ron Dennis on Lewis Hamilton.
Old 8 Jun 2012, 11:40 (Ref:3087479)   #29
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
Let's face it, we don't know. Kubica has impressed me by keeping silent on his recovery - very sensible and dignified - so (however frustrating it is!) we'll have to wait and see. But by what stage this year do people think he'd need to say, "Yes, I'm fit" to be on the grid for 2013?
Old 10 Jun 2012, 18:01 (Ref:3088533)   #30
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnSSC View Post
I just hope Robert gets better and we stop reading of additional surgeries. If he comes back, he comes back. If not, hopefully he will be at least pain-free.
Joint operations are tricky, as there is so much to deal with, like tendons and muscles as well as the joint itself.
Old 21 Aug 2012, 21:17 (Ref:3122718)   #31
wolfhound
Veteran

Ireland
wolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Kubica has been talking to Fernando Alonso and he is very unsure about Kubica returning to full fitness meaning his return to top level motorsport is less likely.

http://www.gpupdate.net/en/f1-news/2...ca-can-return/
Old 23 Aug 2012, 19:17 (Ref:3123708)   #32
Pingguest
Veteran

Netherlands
Heemstede, The Netherlands
Pingguest should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Personally I do not expect Kubica to return.
Old 24 Aug 2012, 00:28 (Ref:3123845)   #33
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Now this is something totally unexpected.
Old 24 Aug 2012, 00:32 (Ref:3123848)   #34
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I'd like to hear what his doctor has to say.
Old 24 Aug 2012, 00:34 (Ref:3123850)   #35
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

It's the summer break... they have to put something in the news...
Old 24 Aug 2012, 00:43 (Ref:3123858)   #36
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
I suppose GP Update couldn't really publish photos of Prince Harry, .
Old 24 Aug 2012, 01:11 (Ref:3123869)   #37
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

nude ? Nah...
Old 24 Aug 2012, 08:10 (Ref:3123946)   #38
b1ackcr0w
Veteran

b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!
I hear Stirling Moss's seat at Mercedes is looking increasingly unlikely also.
Old 24 Aug 2012, 15:35 (Ref:3124140)   #39
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by b1ackcr0w View Post
I hear Stirling Moss's seat at Mercedes is looking increasingly unlikely also.
I heard he was going back to Maserati.
Old 7 Sep 2012, 14:17 (Ref:3132506)   #40
kober
Racer

kober should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Kubica will drive Subaru Impreza WRC2007 (run by Belgian First Motorsport) in this Sunday's Ronde Gomitolo di Lana, as a preparation for the following weekend's Rallye San Martino di Castrozza (round of Italian Rally Championship).
Old 7 Sep 2012, 15:29 (Ref:3132530)   #41
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
A great piece of news ... Go Robert!
Old 7 Sep 2012, 15:54 (Ref:3132541)   #42
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by kober View Post
Kubica will drive Subaru Impreza WRC2007 (run by Belgian First Motorsport) in this Sunday's Ronde Gomitolo di Lana, as a preparation for the following weekend's Rallye San Martino di Castrozza (round of Italian Rally Championship).
Good to see him back behind the wheel.
Old 7 Sep 2012, 15:54 (Ref:3132542)   #43
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Yeah, he must improve, even if not for F1 anymore.
Old 7 Sep 2012, 19:07 (Ref:3132605)   #44
stripedcat
Veteran

stripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridstripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Does anyone else think that maybe a rally might not be right for Robert? Tempting fate and so on.
Old 7 Sep 2012, 19:18 (Ref:3132609)   #45
beau1
Veteran

Wales
Swansea,Wales
beau1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbeau1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbeau1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I did kind of think it wasn't the best of moves but maybe its the best way to tame any fears he may have?

I guess its only the same as MotoGP riders racing with broken legs, Alex Zanardi returning to Touring Cars or Rugby players going back to play before their recovery period is finished. I guess it is similar to the Massa situation too.

Good luck to him, I hope it all goes well. If thats what he wants to do then thats what he wants .
Old 7 Sep 2012, 19:25 (Ref:3132613)   #46
henners88
Veteran

Wales
henners88 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Good luck to him in Rally. At least if he makes a career there it'll keep all this 'will he, won't he' rubbish off the F1 discussion with any luck. I know that will take time however.
Old 8 Sep 2012, 00:06 (Ref:3132735)   #47
deeks6
Veteran

deeks6 User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Biggest disappointment in F1 for years that this guy isnt there ... had the potential to be anything. Hope he does well in whatever he chooses to do
Old 8 Sep 2012, 13:57 (Ref:3132895)   #48
kober
Racer

kober should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
An interview (in Italian) with Kubica from earlier today: link
Robert said that his ultimate goal is to get back to open-wheel racing, specifically F1 in 2014.

Also, a picture from Ronde Gomitolo di Lana's shakedown:
Old 8 Sep 2012, 14:42 (Ref:3132906)   #49
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by kober View Post
An interview (in Italian) with Kubica from earlier today: link
Robert said that his ultimate goal is to get back to open-wheel racing, specifically F1 in 2014.

Also, a picture from Ronde Gomitolo di Lana's shakedown:
You can never give up !
Old 9 Sep 2012, 16:50 (Ref:3133331)   #50
QnickFTW
Racer

QnickFTW should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Robert has won his comeback race. He did it in style too with a whole bunch of stage wins all the way to his victory at the Ronde Gimitolo Di Lana.

What an inspiration