3 1 1.82%
2 0 0%
1 1 1.82%
Voters: 55. You may not vote on this poll

Old 22 Apr 2013, 03:23 (Ref:3237670)   #26
Wims
Veteran

Norway
Wims should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridWims should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Pretty damn good race, I rated it 9. Very entertaining
Old 22 Apr 2013, 08:05 (Ref:3237737)   #27
stripedcat
Veteran

stripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridstripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
A solid 7. Pretty good. Much better than last week's race. This time around, it was more about the close racing than just going for a relatively easy DRS pass. DRS here allowed the cars to get side-by-side then it was all about who was cleverer in the braking or turn-in. Good battles down the field(Button, Rosberg, Pérez, etc.) Just a shame that Vettel ran away with the race again.
Old 22 Apr 2013, 10:07 (Ref:3237801)   #28
Razzzor
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Razzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Anyone rating this race a 3 should probably go watch a different sport - F1 clearly isn't for you. Perhaps Nascar?

I give it an 8, could be higher but the fight for the win was a little dull and spread out. But the mid pack race was very entertaining, not many dull moments throughout the race.
Old 22 Apr 2013, 10:27 (Ref:3237804)   #29
werner
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam, the Netherlands
werner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridwerner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The only thing missing from this race was hard battles for the lead. (exept for the first few laps) In the rest of the field everybody had a quite spectacular, usally hard but fair, fight or 2.
If only a few more people could watch that on site...
Old 22 Apr 2013, 10:43 (Ref:3237810)   #30
Spritle
Veteran

Spritle has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I hate Christmas, I gave it a 5.

Seeing Alonso struggle with no DRS in what is believed to be a superior car makes me realize that like Santa Clause, it is all fake; winning races is all about DRS, KERS and the tyres.

All F1 needs now to make it REALLY exciting is constant safety cars to make the racing even more contrived like NASCAR.
Old 22 Apr 2013, 10:51 (Ref:3237813)   #31
jsTrecu
Veteran

jsTrecu should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjsTrecu should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
No please, F1 don't need phantom FYC to regroup the field...
Those tyres and DRS are enough to adulterate the races
Old 22 Apr 2013, 10:56 (Ref:3237818)   #32
MagnetON
Admin
Veteran

MagnetON
Dublin
MagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
8 - Action all the way!
Old 22 Apr 2013, 11:09 (Ref:3237822)   #33
MarkG
Veteran

MarkG has a real shot at the podium!MarkG has a real shot at the podium!MarkG has a real shot at the podium!MarkG has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spritle View Post
I hate Christmas, I gave it a 5.

Seeing Alonso struggle with no DRS in what is believed to be a superior car makes me realize that like Santa Clause, it is all fake; winning races is all about DRS, KERS and the tyres.

All F1 needs now to make it REALLY exciting is constant safety cars to make the racing even more contrived like NASCAR.
You'll be giving all races a best of 5 then
All the "fake" stuff as you call it (actually, KERS is fine) is necessary because of the massive downforce of today's cars. Without these "aids" you'd be watching a train of fast cars with no racing and no surprises. Oh, apart from Monaco.
Old 22 Apr 2013, 11:14 (Ref:3237826)   #34
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
Probably deserved a 7, but I gave it a 6 because the track is so terrible.
Old 22 Apr 2013, 11:21 (Ref:3237829)   #35
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Watching Alonso going down the pit straight and being unable to get anywhere near the back of a car to overtake it, makes me realise how lucky we are that we now have DRS. Fortunately for Alonso he was able to take advantage of cars that had older tyres on than his car had on at certain points in the race.

Either we all have short memories or we all very much enjoyed cars being backed up behind Trulli's Toyota when we had hard tyres and no DRS. I imagine that Rosberg would have done equally as good a job as Trulli did if the following cars didn't have DRS or weren't able to take advantage of a car that qualified well, but had shocking race pace on tyres that weren't likely to get any less grippy.
Old 22 Apr 2013, 11:22 (Ref:3237831)   #36
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I don't see a broken DRS as that different to a broken anything else that hampers performance. It is just a broken bit that hurts it, I suppose it wouldn't be there if there was no DRS, but to me it was just like a broken wing, gearbox, or anything else that would have impacted his speed relative to others. It demonstrated that without that part you are at a disadvantage, but that is the same with anything that provides performance.
Old 22 Apr 2013, 13:14 (Ref:3237882)   #37
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
It sounds like I missed a pretty good race..
I was at COTA with the bikes this weekend, darn they are fast !
Old 22 Apr 2013, 13:29 (Ref:3237890)   #38
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Significantly better than China including better battles (taking place around corners instead of into hairpin-punctuated DRS straights) and a fine team-mate battle thanks to McLaren and their motor racing ethos.

A seven.
Old 22 Apr 2013, 14:36 (Ref:3237935)   #39
Beetle
Veteran

United States
Texas
Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bononi View Post
6, Average at best.
Agreed. The battles were tremendous but since it was another Vettel runaway so that lowers the score about 5 points. If Vettel had retired and it was a Raikonnen - Grosjean - Di Resta battle for the win it would be a 9 or 10.

I gave it a 5.
Old 22 Apr 2013, 15:01 (Ref:3237945)   #40
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsTrecu View Post
No please, F1 don't need phantom FYC to regroup the field...
Those tyres and DRS are enough to adulterate the races
I thought all those tyre stops did a fairly good job from preventing the field from spreading out too much.
Old 22 Apr 2013, 22:25 (Ref:3238156)   #41
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis
Mekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Entertaining race, but didn't satisfy me enough. 6.
Old 23 Apr 2013, 11:33 (Ref:3238350)   #42
Grandpa_Rob
Racer

Australia
Oz
Grandpa_Rob should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Best action this season by far ,great battles and plenty of passing happy to give it a 9 .
Old 23 Apr 2013, 12:15 (Ref:3238372)   #43
JamesH
Veteran

United Kingdom
Christchurch, Cambs, UK
JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
Agreed. The battles were tremendous but since it was another Vettel runaway so that lowers the score about 5 points. If Vettel had retired and it was a Raikonnen - Grosjean - Di Resta battle for the win it would be a 9 or 10.

I gave it a 5.
Odd, I assumed after 5 laps that Vettel was going to win, so just enjoyed the rest of the race as it unfolded. I certainly wouldn't mark down the rest of the race because SV was out front
Locost #54 Boldly Leaping where no car has gone before. And then being T-boned. Damn.
Survivor of the 2008 2CV 24h!! 2 engines, one accident, 76mph and rain.
Old 23 Apr 2013, 19:09 (Ref:3238539)   #44
FordCosworthPanoz
Veteran

Bermuda
Flatts Village
FordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
7, above average and miles better than a terrible race at China.

We had plenty of good battles and overtakes that did not take place on the pit straight. The best moves and battles I felt were coming out of turn 4 going into 5 and 6. That actually required skill, which for a DRS fan might be a little bit too much to handle.
Old 23 Apr 2013, 19:33 (Ref:3238552)   #45
Wims
Veteran

Norway
Wims should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridWims should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yeah I don't really care about who wins, I mean I got my favorites and all, but what I really care about when I sit down and watch a race is that there are good battles and the race is entertaining. Wether the battles happen for the win or they happen further down doesn't really matter. I'm not a Vettel fan, but I won't let him winning reduce the enjoyment I get from watching great battles during the broadcast.
Old 23 Apr 2013, 22:20 (Ref:3238631)   #46
andy666
Racer

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire
andy666 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridandy666 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordCosworthPanoz View Post
7, above average and miles better than a terrible race at China.

We had plenty of good battles and overtakes that did not take place on the pit straight. The best moves and battles I felt were coming out of turn 4 going into 5 and 6. That actually required skill, which for a DRS fan might be a little bit too much to handle.
Good overtakes with no DRS ? Great , sounds like I missed a good race .
Old 23 Apr 2013, 22:50 (Ref:3238648)   #47
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Ok, now we have three weeks to go...
Old 23 Apr 2013, 22:57 (Ref:3238653)   #48
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bononi View Post
Ok, now we have three weeks to go...
Indeed. So we can look forward to getting back to some real racing at the Barcelona track. Anyone think that Maldonado will win that one?
Old 24 Apr 2013, 00:16 (Ref:3238659)   #49
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marbot View Post
Indeed. So we can look forward to getting back to some real racing at the Barcelona track. Anyone think that Maldonado will win that one?
I'm pretty sure it won't happen.
Old 25 Apr 2013, 10:57 (Ref:3239233)   #50
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marbot View Post
Real racing at Borcelona Marbot?!