Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 9 Jan 2014, 19:07 (Ref:3352141)   #2451
Nick Woodbury
Veteran

United States
New England
Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!

Turner just released their new livery for 2014.

http://www.racer.com/turner-motorspo...rticle/328707/
Old 10 Jan 2014, 00:23 (Ref:3352238)   #2452
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Should look good. Always liked the blue and yellow on their previous cars so should continue the trend.
Old 10 Jan 2014, 13:13 (Ref:3352397)   #2453
HJJ
Veteran

United States
Hoschburg, just outside of Brasleburg.
HJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
http://sportscar365.com/imsa/tusc/ex...gtd-spec-gt-r/
Old 13 Jan 2014, 14:35 (Ref:3353402)   #2454
FstrthnU
Veteran

United States
FstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
http://sportscar365.com/imsa/tusc/oa...on-commitment/

Thankfully, OAK Racing has confirmed their full season entry with Yacaman & Pla as full season drivers and Rusinov as the endurance driver.
Old 13 Jan 2014, 15:19 (Ref:3353415)   #2455
Articus
Veteran

Articus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
2014 TUDOR United SportsCar Championship Schedule

Date Event
Jan 25-26 Daytona International Speedway (P, PC, GTLM, GTD)
Mar 15 Sebring International Raceway (P, PC, GTLM, GTD)
Apr 12 Long Beach Street Circuit (P, GTLM)
May 4 Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca (P, PC, GTLM, GTD)
May 31 Detroit Belle Isle (P, PC, GTD)
Jun 29 Watkins Glen International (P, PC, GTLM, GTD)
Jul 13 Canadian Tire Motorsport Park (P, PC, GTLM, GTD)
Jul 25 Indianapolis Motor Speedway (P, PC, GTLM, GTD)
Aug 10 Road America (P, PC, GTLM, GTD)
Aug 24 Virginia International Raceway (PC one race, GTLM, GTD separate)
Sep 20 Circuit of The Americas (P, PC, GTLM, GTD)
Oct 4 Road Atlanta (P, PC, GTLM, GTD)

I never caught this before? So no LMP's at VIR? And no GTLM at Belle Isle?
Old 13 Jan 2014, 15:55 (Ref:3353433)   #2456
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Articus View Post

I never caught this before? So no LMP's at VIR? And no GTLM at Belle Isle?
Correct. Belle Isle conflicts with LM tests... not sure what the LMP2 guys will do.
Old 13 Jan 2014, 16:13 (Ref:3353445)   #2457
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fogelhund View Post
Correct. Belle Isle conflicts with LM tests... not sure what the LMP2 guys will do.
Belle Isle is on Saturday. It was the same clash last year between the Grand-Am race there and the LM test day, and at least 2 drivers (Jordan Taylor and Richard Westbrook IIRC) did the race at Belle Isle, flew across the Atlantic and were in France in time to do some laps in the afternoon session at the Le Mans test day. As for the cars... Muscle Milk can probably borrow an Oreca-Nissan from a European team for the weekend.
Old 13 Jan 2014, 18:36 (Ref:3353535)   #2458
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor_RO View Post
. As for the cars... Muscle Milk can probably borrow an Oreca-Nissan from a European team for the weekend.
I thought the same thing, and while the drivers may be able to cross the atlantic, will the team be able to do the same? The team will be losing data if they aren't at the test 100% which puts them at a disadvantage for Le Mans. Interesting to see how Pickett handles this.
Old 13 Jan 2014, 18:44 (Ref:3353541)   #2459
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
I thought the same thing, and while the drivers may be able to cross the atlantic, will the team be able to do the same? The team will be losing data if they aren't at the test 100% which puts them at a disadvantage for Le Mans. Interesting to see how Pickett handles this.
Either that, or they can buy a second car (if they haven't already bought a second one as a spare), use that second car at Le Mans and then return it to the States.
Old 13 Jan 2014, 19:03 (Ref:3353558)   #2460
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
ORECA.

L.P.
Old 13 Jan 2014, 19:18 (Ref:3353565)   #2461
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Yeah between Oreca and Nissan MMPR will have zero issues at test day. Lucas doesn't even have to make the trip if he doesn't want to as he's already got his laps.
Old 13 Jan 2014, 21:08 (Ref:3353599)   #2462
Rodger Davies
Veteran

Wales
Bradford, UK
Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!
Aye, and Greg doesn't need to be in Detroit anyway.

When MM announced the Oreca, my first thought was that there's no chance the car racing in Europe will be the same chassis as the one in the US, I'd be very surprised if it's not rented from Oreca.

The team doesn't even need to be at the test day if they don't want to, and I'm sure Oreca would make plenty of data available.

Worst case scenario, Greg and Klaus could go to Europe and let Brundle or someone else fill in for the one round.
Old 13 Jan 2014, 21:41 (Ref:3353612)   #2463
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I suppose they could get setup info from Oreca, but I guess I was thinking that the team (mechanics, pit crew, engineers, etc.) would benefit from running their actual kit at the actual track. Yes they will get to know the 03 during the first part of the ALMS, but I wonder how many of the team have been to Le Mans? By being at the test they get extra time learning the facilities (garages and pit lane) and any extra level of comfort can only help. Just a thought.
Old 13 Jan 2014, 21:52 (Ref:3353617)   #2464
Nick Woodbury
Veteran

United States
New England
Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!
Quote:
I suppose they could get setup info from Oreca, but I guess I was thinking that the team (mechanics, pit crew, engineers, etc.) would benefit from running their actual kit at the actual track. Yes they will get to know the 03 during the first part of the ALMS, but I wonder how many of the team have been to Le Mans? By being at the test they get extra time learning the facilities (garages and pit lane) and any extra level of comfort can only help. Just a thought.

I would presume some of the staff have already been to Le Mans when Pickett made his first trip back in 2008 with Charouz Racing.

Old 13 Jan 2014, 21:54 (Ref:3353619)   #2465
Maelochs
Veteran

Maelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Biggest difference will be the drivers adapting to actual racing rubber.
Old 13 Jan 2014, 22:05 (Ref:3353625)   #2466
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Woodbury View Post
I would presume some of the staff have already been to Le Mans when Pickett made his first trip back in 2008 with Charouz Racing.

I'm trying to work out whether this previous trip means that MMPR are not considered a 'new team' by the ACO? If they aren't then they aren't even mandated to go to the test day.

Quote:
The Test day is mandatory for:
 New cars (minimum 1 car per model).
 New Competitors (minimum 1 car per Competitor).
A “new Competitor” means a Team who has never raced in
the 24 Heures du Mans.
 The drivers who have never taken part in the 24 Heures du
Mans, or drivers who are not on the list of the confirmed
drivers since 2009.
Graf and Pickett could just jump in another Oreca if they wanted and turn their laps. What we've established is - the team has options.
Old 13 Jan 2014, 22:20 (Ref:3353630)   #2467
Ginaro Zukovsky
Racer

Ginaro Zukovsky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I thought we'd already been told what they were going to do? http://sportscar365.com/wec/lemans/m...-oreca-nissan/
Old 13 Jan 2014, 22:52 (Ref:3353636)   #2468
BullMan
Veteran

BullMan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maelochs View Post
Biggest difference will be the drivers adapting to actual racing rubber.
That's probably the best reason for them to be at the test day. Actual experience with real tires.
Old 14 Jan 2014, 01:13 (Ref:3353671)   #2469
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginaro Zukovsky View Post
I thought we'd already been told what they were going to do? http://sportscar365.com/wec/lemans/m...-oreca-nissan/
Details details details.

ThanksThanks for setting the record straight! I am still curious about team personnel though.
Old 14 Jan 2014, 02:15 (Ref:3353682)   #2470
Lagunaseca_4life
Veteran

United States
Central Valley CA
Lagunaseca_4life should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLagunaseca_4life should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I wonder if they can just rent a team like they will rent the car.you know like 8star run by af course in wec.i remember reading somewhere that the starworks wec team wasa. Completely different and European based team compared their usa dp team.i can see muscle milk doing the same thing for one race?
Old 14 Jan 2014, 09:25 (Ref:3353747)   #2471
Koenigsegg
Veteran

Netherlands
Netherlands
Koenigsegg should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm actually wondering if they will use an Oreca 03 at Le Mans, or use an updated Oreca 03R.
Old 14 Jan 2014, 14:17 (Ref:3353856)   #2472
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lagunaseca_4life View Post
I wonder if they can just rent a team like they will rent the car.you know like 8star run by af course in wec.i remember reading somewhere that the starworks wec team wasa. Completely different and European based team compared their usa dp team.i can see muscle milk doing the same thing for one race?
That actually probably makes the most sense. If they could hook up with a team already running Orecas that would be ideal.
Old 14 Jan 2014, 14:46 (Ref:3353863)   #2473
JLGarcia
Racer

JLGarcia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJLGarcia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Strong lineups for RSR:

Junquiera/Ende (full season) + DHH and Gustavo Menezes for the NAEC
Tagliani/Cumming (full season) + Conor Daly & Rusty Mitchell for NAEC
Old 14 Jan 2014, 18:12 (Ref:3353934)   #2474
FstrthnU
Veteran

United States
FstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
http://www.racer.com/yacaman-ready-f...rticle/329239/
Interestingly, Yacaman says that the OAK car is the 2012 Morgan chassis that was run by Conquest Racing
Old 14 Jan 2014, 18:36 (Ref:3353944)   #2475
Mechanic Z
Veteran

United States
Mos Eisley
Mechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLGarcia View Post
Strong lineups for RSR:

Junquiera/Ende (full season) + DHH and Gustavo Menezes for the NAEC
Tagliani/Cumming (full season) + Conor Daly & Rusty Mitchell for NAEC
Probably the strongest PC lineups so far.
If they can dodge the bad luck and reliability that caught them out last year, I'd say they're in a pretty good place for the championship.