Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > 10 Tenths Motorsport > Announcements and Feedback

Old 23 Jun 1998, 20:59 (Ref:3889)   #1
Craig Antill

OK, I just added this new forum as I am very curious as to what you think of this site.

Does it load properly and quickly in your browser ?
Is it easy to navigate ?
How can I improve it ?
What features are missing ?

You get the idea. Let's hear your views and you can help shape the future of this site! It is due to open in time for the start of the next season of racing, so there is a huge amount of work to do - I want to be sure I am concentrating on the things which the visitor finds most important.

What do you reckon to these forums ?
The links directory area ?
Is the addition of a news and results section important, or is that best left to the big news sites ?

Looking forward to hearing your views ....

Old 25 Jun 1998, 20:12 (Ref:3890)   #2
Henry

News & Results, News & Results, News & Results...

That's what I want from any decent motorsport site - and I want them fast! Within 30 mins of the chequered flag.

I love the new layout of the opening page - great use of colours and photos. Maybe build the news section up a bit and make it searchable, like the links section.

This forum is also promising. Many other sites offer a message board, but this one seems particularly easy to use and user friendly.

Remember - News & Results, News & Results, News & Results...

Old 5 Jul 1998, 14:52 (Ref:3891)   #3
Craig Antill

Henry - glad to see we think along similar lines! I have every intention of Ten Tenths becoming THE premier source for news and results when it is finally launched at the start of next season.

I would install the news service now, but I am being delayed by the creators of the Perl scripts - they keep putting the release date back Rest assured though, that when it does finally arrive, it will be the best service of it's type available.

Watch this space ...

Craig

ps. What do you think to the new logos which have just arrived on the site ? Mark Hardy from www.earthindex.com has kindly created them for us.

Old 11 Jul 1998, 23:44 (Ref:3892)   #4
Wayne G

Yep - it's a great site Craig! Needs a bit of padding out though. Can't run a whole site on a links section alone ... where's that news thingy then ?

Old 12 Jul 1998, 18:09 (Ref:3893)   #5
Craig Antill

Wayne thanks for your feedback - you are absolutely right there! I know I need to put a lot of work into the site before I throw the doors open for the public to rush in.

Anyone out there wisth to write a short article or story about your favourite memories of drivers, cars or races past ? I would also welcome profiles of drivers, cars or individual series if anyone were interested in helping out

Old 19 Jul 1998, 14:43 (Ref:3894)   #6
Wayne G

Good to hear it Craig. I have seen loads of sites which start out looking really promising, only to become stagnant as that early promise is not built upon

Old 18 Aug 1998, 15:59 (Ref:3895)   #7
Michael Grace

Looks fantastic to me!

Old 18 Aug 1998, 20:09 (Ref:3896)   #8
Craig Antill

Well, thank-you Michael!

Your site looks great too

Watch out for a new section coming soon - I am looking to put the Circuit Guides on line as soon as I can. (As soon as I get them finished that is!)

Old 26 Aug 1998, 19:35 (Ref:3897)   #9
Andy

Great site with much promise. Easy to navigate too. I'll be visiting regularly.
Could use a section devoted to speedway I feel. Any chance of this?

Old 26 Aug 1998, 21:08 (Ref:3898)   #10
Craig Antill

I would indeed be interested in adding a Speedway section as you suggest, but would be looking for some help setting this up.

Any takers ?!

I couldn't offer and financial reward i'm afraid, but would obviously be happy to give full credit to anyone who helps plus link to your websites if you have one. As 10 Tenths Motorsport develops and it's readership grows, this could be some really valuable traffic.

What do you reckon ?

Old 9 Nov 1998, 14:47 (Ref:3899)   #11
SCHIKANE5

HIYA CRAIG

THIS SITE IS MY FAVOURITE FOR EASY ACCESS AND QUICK LAODING BUT...

THE COLOURS ARE SHYTE - WHY SO MUCH BLUE?
JAZZ IT UP WITH PURPLES, YELLOWS AND BLACK.

YOU COULD ADD A SHORT DRIVER/TEAM PROFILE FOR
SECTIONS ON F1 AND INDYCAR?

THE CONTENTS LIST IS A BIT MUDDLED TOO
THE LAYOUT COULD BE MADE RELEVANT TO EACH LINK?

ALL IN ALL I LURVE IT - KEEP UP THE EXCELLENT WORK!!

PS WHAT HAPPENED TO MARANELLO I THINK YOU RECOMMENDED IT AS A LINK BUT ITS GONE!

Old 16 Nov 1998, 21:28 (Ref:3900)   #12
Craig Antill

Hi SCHIKANE5!

Good to get some feedback on the site - if I don't get constructive criticism, i'll never get the site better!

THIS SITE IS MY FAVOURITE FOR EASY ACCESS AND QUICK LAODING BUT...

Glad to hear it!

THE COLOURS ARE SHYTE - WHY SO MUCH BLUE?

When designing the layout of the site, I tried many colours, but chose blue because it was the colour which seemed to fit best with the multi-coloured scene which is motorsport in the '90s. Take a look at the Bennetton - it's basically blue, but look at the number of different sponsors colours on it...

JAZZ IT UP WITH PURPLES, YELLOWS AND BLACK.

I'm introducing certain colours to different areas when I feel that they're correct, but I prefer the cars to take centre stage.

YOU COULD ADD A SHORT DRIVER/TEAM PROFILE FOR SECTIONS ON F1 AND INDYCAR?

Funny you should say that - it's on my list of things to do before the start of next season!

THE CONTENTS LIST IS A BIT MUDDLED TOO THE LAYOUT COULD BE MADE RELEVANT TO EACH LINK?

How do you mean exactly ? In what way ?

ALL IN ALL I LURVE IT - KEEP UP THE EXCELLENT WORK!!

Great - i'll try!!

PS WHAT HAPPENED TO MARANELLO I THINK YOU RECOMMENDED IT AS A LINK BUT ITS GONE!

If I remember, it was listed in the 'YOUR favourites' section. This is the section where visitors to this site rate the other sites in our links section on a scale from 1-10. Maybe no one voted 10 for a while

Old 18 Nov 1998, 00:12 (Ref:3901)   #13
SCHIKANE5

HI CRAIG DOLL!

THE OTHER WEEK I HAD A PEEK AT THE FAN SURVEY
(WHICH HAS VANISHED) AND WAS DELIGHTED BY THE
EXPLOSION OF RED!!!! IT LOOKED TERRIBLE BUT I WAS CHUFFED TO BITS!!!

I REALLY HATE BLUE!! WHY CANT YOU CHANGE AT LEAST THE DARK BLUE TO PURPLE? IT WOULD LOOK
LESS BLUE!...

I MEANT WHEN I SAID BLA BLA IS MUDDLED THAT
ITEMS SUCH AS GAMES AND CARTOONS COULD HAVE THEIR OWN CONTENTS LIST SO THE FORMAL STUFF LIKE ARTICLES AND FUN SHYTE LIKE CHAT ETC ISN'T MIXED. IT CAN PUT A NEW VIEWER OFF
WHEN THE FIRST THINGS THEY SEE IF DISCUSSION
OR NEWSLETTER - GIVE THE OPTION OF ONE OR THE OTHER, FUN OR FORMAL!

BY THE WAY - CARTOONS IS GREAT!!! WELL DONE TO WHOEVER GOT THEM I KNOW OF SOMEONE WHO WAS
TOLD TO FECK OFF!

LUV SCHIKANE5

Old 22 Nov 1998, 16:44 (Ref:3902)   #14
Craig Antill

SCHIKANE5, for once I find myself agreeing with you!

The contents list, and maybe other parts of the site, does definately need a good overhaul soon. I like the idea of splitting the fun stuff from the main list. I'll look into it shortly once we have added some more features...

As for the survey, well that was a hack of this bulletin board software, which really didn't work out as you needed to be registered to vote - it will return in time for next season, but will definately not be red! That was a problem with the survey script, and was the final reason that it was dumped - i'm now looking for a better script...

As for purple, well I just tried that as an experiment, and it looked horrific... Maybe a new, brightly coloured, logo at the top of the nav bar would improve things too ?

Old 22 Nov 1998, 20:21 (Ref:3903)   #15
Martin Duddridge

This is the site that I have toyed with producing for some time but since you've done such a good job of it, I don't think I'll bother.

A home racer/ engineer section would be nice(selfish really as this is an area I'm interested in). I would volunteer but I'm not too sure if I could Sustain the area.

Old 30 Nov 1998, 13:42 (Ref:3904)   #16
SCHIKANE5

IM HONOURED YOU TOOK MY OPINION TO HEART AND REDID THE TABLES OF STUFF!

DO YOU THINK IT LOOKS ANY BETTER AND OFFERS BETTER ACCESS? HOPE SO 'CAUSE I REALLY LOVE THIS SIGHT!

PS I FOUND MARANELLO! YOU SHOULD LOOK IT UP AND POST A TOPIC ON IT AT THE F1 FORUM - I DONT HAVE THE NERVE...

ITS AT LINKS (F1) THEN SCROLL DOWN TO THE CHAFF FREE LINK PAGE AND GET IT UNDER HUMOUR...

Old 30 Nov 1998, 21:09 (Ref:3905)   #17
Craig Antill

SCHIKANE5, really glad you like the changes. And of course I was going to listen to you - you were speaking sense this time - makes a change!

And Martin, Welcome to the site - glad you like what we have here, and be sure to stop by soon...

Old 19 Dec 1998, 11:56 (Ref:3906)   #18
Danielsun

Craig.

TOP SITE!

I must say this is my new most frequently visited web site.

I spend hours on it, not just for the fact that my ISP isn't in 56k land yet...

Bloody great job; keep it up!

Old 20 Dec 1998, 13:06 (Ref:3907)   #19
Craig Antill

Thanks Danielsun!

When I first started the site back in June, I thought I should never have started! I rarely got a sensible number of visitors a day, and never received any feedback. Now I get loads of encouragement from you lot - thanks all!

However, maybe you could now do me a favour ? We seem to be stuck in a rut as far as traffic goes - it is a real struggle to get more than 200 visitors per day, and this is where you all come in - please spread the word of the site, get your friends to stop by as well!

You will find the 'Tell a Friend' link of use for this, or why not send them one of our new digital postcards ?!

Spread the word! Spread the word!

Merry Christmas, and thanks for listening

Old 20 Dec 1998, 17:37 (Ref:3908)   #20
RIKB

Hi Craig, I have to agree its a great site, as you know I have been here a lot lately especially in the F1 and BTCC sections (yes I'll do it!) I now have 2 very simple BTCC sites one a Delphi and the other at Globe.
I have a link to your site on both!

Old 15 Feb 1999, 15:33 (Ref:3909)   #21
SCHIKANE5

HELLO AGAIN CRAIG,

I REALLY HATE BLUE...

THE SITE LOOKED GREAT TODAY WELL DONE!
IM PLASTERING LINKS ALL OVER THE PLACE SO I HOPE YOU START GETTING PEOPLE HERE SOON.

JUST A SUGGESTION:
BAN THE BLUE!!!!!!!!
ARRRRGH ITS SOO BOYISH!

HAVE YOU THOUGHT ABOUT STARTING YOUR OWN F1 'SOAP' LIKE MARANELLO ONLY WITH DISGUISED CHARACTERS SO AS TO NOT PUT THE HUMP UP ANY LAWYERS???

COULD PROVE POPULAR!

BAN THE BLUE AND KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK I SINCERELY THINK THIS IS THE BESTEST EVER F1 SITE ONLY SLIGHTLY LESS BETTER THAN HIS GODLINESSES SITE!

BYE!

Old 20 Mar 1999, 23:11 (Ref:3910)   #22
SPURTY

Craig, as is probably obvious by the amount of time I spend around these parts this is THE BEST site and is now my homepage. Well done, though I may not be thanking you when I get my phone bill through.
Any more thought given to a racers forum.I like the sound of this but whether it needs its own section or not I do not know. Any ideas how many of us racers are out there?

Cheers

Old 21 Mar 1999, 00:57 (Ref:3912)   #23
Invader

Hi Craig,
This site is the mutts nuts and I seem to spend too much of my hectic social schedule wandering aimlessly about your lovely blue pages
I do have a problem with load times when going back to the main topic page of a forum,
but I think you have explained that one away when Carrie mentioned it recently.
Another idea which I know is possible(can't tell you why) is to highlight any topics which has a visitors post on it, so that it is easier to spot a thread which I have posted on(I hope that made sense)
I've just had my phone bill, so I've got to go now
Keep up the good work.

Old 21 Mar 1999, 11:17 (Ref:3911)   #24
Craig Antill

Hi SPURTY, glad you enjoy the site

I too like the sound of a racers forum and reckon it'd be something a little different. I'll post a new thread and see what the response is. Feel free to point any felloe racers this way

Old 21 Mar 1999, 19:34 (Ref:3913)   #25
Carrie

Hi Craig, Just thought I should pop a quick note on here so you don't just think that I'm critising you for download times and wrong dates Seriously, great site and one I'd visit a lot more (as if I don't already spend enough time here!) if it didn't take so long to download. Like the circuit guide section and look forward to you having all the circuits on there. Keep up the good work I've been telling everyone I know who's interested in motor racing about this site
Carrie