Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 4 Jul 2007, 05:38 (Ref:1953882)   #1
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
Pro Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
NSW government!!!

with the bloody NSW government comming up with all this new money for sporting events to get the Tennis and F1 GP now that last one peeves me off where would the F1 race? our tracks arn't state of the art, could Homebush re emerge? it would anger me if it did they said they didn't have the money and pulled the pin at the last minute on the V8's, i know V8's isn't a tourist icon like F1 but it just amazes me how they can find the money when they want to, they rob us of plenty of money with taxes don't put much back in to help us (they just help them selves) yet we want V8's there but they don't want to put our money into that but they would with F1 because it makes them more wealthy .
Old 4 Jul 2007, 06:12 (Ref:1953893)   #2
billy bigtime
Veteran

Australia
Simon McNamaras egg farm.
billy bigtime has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro Racer
with the bloody NSW government comming up with all this new money for sporting events to get the Tennis and F1 GP now that last one peeves me off where would the F1 race? our tracks arn't state of the art, could Homebush re emerge? it would anger me if it did they said they didn't have the money and pulled the pin at the last minute on the V8's, i know V8's isn't a tourist icon like F1 but it just amazes me how they can find the money when they want to, they rob us of plenty of money with taxes don't put much back in to help us (they just help them selves) yet we want V8's there but they don't want to put our money into that but they would with F1 because it makes them more wealthy .
Students, your gotta love them.
Old 4 Jul 2007, 07:32 (Ref:1953943)   #3
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
Skaife hater's gotta love them .
Old 4 Jul 2007, 08:08 (Ref:1953979)   #4
PVDA
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
PVDA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPVDA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPVDA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
One of the AM chat radio stations here contacted a NSW rep and was told they aren't interested in the F1GP.
Old 4 Jul 2007, 09:06 (Ref:1954009)   #5
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro Racer
we want V8's there but they don't want to put our money into that but they would with F1 because it makes them more wealthy .
Who wanted the v8's at homebush ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PVDA
One of the AM chat radio stations here contacted a NSW rep and was told they aren't interested in the F1GP.
Interesting, as it was reported that the NSW Government had already been in contact with Bernie Eccelstone
Old 4 Jul 2007, 09:19 (Ref:1954020)   #6
pete55
Veteran

pete55 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by D.R.T.
Who wanted the v8's at homebush ?
Wasn't me.
Old 4 Jul 2007, 10:04 (Ref:1954051)   #7
Timu
Veteran

New Zealand
Waiuku, New Zealand
Timu should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I don't think Melbourne or Victoria make a profit out of running the Formula 1 race, infact if I recall correctly they actually run it out of a loss each year.

The Homebush race would be the same exercise, used as a tourism write off...
Old 4 Jul 2007, 11:14 (Ref:1954081)   #8
Senna05
Veteran

Australia
Newcastle, NSW, Australia
Senna05 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This would however be the perfect excuse to build an oran park replacement. A nice, smaller FIA grade circuit for all motring enthusiasts.....

But, with Bernie looking at Paris street races, Malaysian street races, a race around Caesar's Pallace..... the St's seem to be his little project.
Old 4 Jul 2007, 11:31 (Ref:1954104)   #9
Robert Ryan
Veteran

Robert Ryan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
This would however be the perfect excuse to build an oran park replacement. A nice, smaller FIA grade circuit for all motring enthusiasts
Here, Here.
Old 4 Jul 2007, 13:17 (Ref:1954221)   #10
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Senna05
This would however be the perfect excuse to build an oran park replacement. A nice, smaller FIA grade circuit for all motring enthusiasts.....
Or they could plough the money into Eastern Creek.
Old 4 Jul 2007, 13:28 (Ref:1954234)   #11
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Senna05
would be great, build decent track not so big with good spectator viewing and a track that passing can come into play on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D.R.T.
Or they could plough the money into Eastern Creek.
a new track would get my vote.
Old 4 Jul 2007, 16:41 (Ref:1954369)   #12
racer69
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, Australia
racer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridracer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The government isn't going to build a new track when they spent all that money building Eastern Creek 17 years ago......it's damn lucky they stumped up for Bathurst.....

Interesting all this talk about a Sydney F1 race, back before the F1 circus came to Adelaide in 1985 Bernie was saying that he would only have a street race in Australia (immediatly killing Sandown, Calder & Canberra's permanent circuit plans), and that his preferred destination was a race in Sydney.