Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 15 Dec 2002, 02:33 (Ref:450140)   #26
Rennen
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hertfordshire
Rennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Realitive term...I take your point and apologise to all concerned.
Old 16 Dec 2002, 08:13 (Ref:450892)   #27
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
Phew! Glad to see we are back on an even keel
Old 16 Dec 2002, 11:54 (Ref:451020)   #28
Sato san
Veteran

United Kingdom
Sato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Rennen
I've produced a 3 and a half minute VHS Video (pal system) clip of Anthony's racing from junior karts to F1...it will be available on thru his website soon...seeing is believing...in terms of race action and ability.
Rennen , put me down for one of those , id like to see that for sure...........also, ive got the Andrew Kitson Festival signed print from you and it looks fantastic !

cheers
Old 16 Dec 2002, 12:04 (Ref:451027)   #29
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
Another satisfied customer!
Old 16 Dec 2002, 12:20 (Ref:451044)   #30
Sato san
Veteran

United Kingdom
Sato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Andrew does produce such lovely paintings.....i wanted the Print anyway , as it captures all the festival years .......have you got that one Stephen ?
Old 16 Dec 2002, 12:22 (Ref:451049)   #31
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Afraid not Jay. I don't have many motor racing paintings or prints, just a couple of pics of me marshalling.
Old 16 Dec 2002, 14:22 (Ref:451159)   #32
Speed
Veteran

Panama
Panama, Rep. of Panama
Speed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by neilap
The only people I ever "attack" are [...... edited by Speed] and RS and I usually back it up with reasons why.
Old 17 Dec 2002, 04:43 (Ref:451577)   #33
fousto
Rookie

fousto should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well lets hear it Rennen - Did Ant have the new 2003 Honda motor for his last stint????
Old 17 Dec 2002, 06:13 (Ref:451596)   #34
Valve Bounce
Veteran

Australia
Home :)
Valve Bounce has been held in scrutiny for further testing
I think you'd better ask jellybabe, who is more forthcoming with technical data. Rennen seems to be restrained from spilling the beans.

Last edited by Valve Bounce; 17 Dec 2002 at 06:14.
Old 17 Dec 2002, 08:43 (Ref:451667)   #35
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
You would hardly expect Rennen to give the BAR game away would you? The last thing he or any parent would wish to do is ruin their son/daughter's career.
Old 17 Dec 2002, 08:57 (Ref:451677)   #36
Wrex
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne - Home of the Australian GP
Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!
I agree Stephen, I think Rennen is being as forthcoming as he can be. You know what they so though, give them an inch.......
Old 17 Dec 2002, 09:49 (Ref:451693)   #37
Sato san
Veteran

United Kingdom
exactly......i think its good of Rennen to to say as much as he does ...

Stephen , we will have to talk Andrew Kitson into putting you in full marshalling mode in his next painting that he does of Brands Hatch ....and he could even put you in your trademark red shoes ....what do you think ?

Last edited by Sato san; 17 Dec 2002 at 09:51.
Old 17 Dec 2002, 10:16 (Ref:451699)   #38
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Good idea...
Old 17 Dec 2002, 11:38 (Ref:451733)   #39
Valve Bounce
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally posted by Stephen Green
You would hardly expect Rennen to give the BAR game away would you? The last thing he or any parent would wish to do is ruin their son/daughter's career.
That's exactly what I meant. That's why I said ask jellybabe, who has told us she is privy to what Rennen knows. Jellybabe can tell us without compromising Ant.
Old 17 Dec 2002, 12:07 (Ref:451771)   #40
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Didn't get the connection Valve...sorry mate.
Old 17 Dec 2002, 16:31 (Ref:451903)   #41
neilap
Veteran

Jamaica
neilap should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by fousto
Well lets hear it Rennen - Did Ant have the new 2003 Honda motor for his last stint????
From what I have read they were working on the new motor. This is a quote from him after his testing.

Ant finished a tyre testing programme in the morning before switching to a car fitted with the new Honda engine, using its extra power to set his best time. He completed 78 laps, ending his testing year with a best time of 1:21.1s.

"The tyre test was quite fun in the morning, but then the engine software programme was more monotonous," he said. "But the new engine is so much different in power."
Old 18 Dec 2002, 00:22 (Ref:452256)   #42
Mackmot
Veteran

United Kingdom
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Mackmot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Rennen I think you will find that a lot of drvers, dads and team personnel check out this site to discuss championships with fans. It is a great way to keep all fans of motorsport in touch.

What you have to be careful of is not giving of a bad image in front of people who one day you may need.
Old 21 Dec 2002, 11:55 (Ref:454818)   #43
Jellybabe
Racer

Jellybabe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Sato san
Andrew does produce such lovely paintings.....i wanted the Print anyway , as it captures all the festival years .......
Can you scan it so we can see it?
Old 21 Dec 2002, 11:59 (Ref:454820)   #44
Jellybabe
Racer

Quote:
Originally posted by Valve Bounce
I think you'd better ask jellybabe, who is more forthcoming with technical data. Rennen seems to be restrained from spilling the beans.
Yes, Ant did get to run with the new engine on the last day, but they weren't running with full revs yet, obviously, as they didn't want to blow it up straight away!
Old 21 Dec 2002, 12:21 (Ref:454836)   #45
Valve Bounce
Veteran

Australia
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhh!!!
You don't have much faith in the Honda donk!!!!
Old 21 Dec 2002, 12:45 (Ref:454847)   #46
Jellybabe
Racer

Just commenting that it's standard practice for every engine manufacturer to not run their engines at full revs for the first few times out.
Old 21 Dec 2002, 17:06 (Ref:454954)   #47
neilap
Veteran

Jamaica
neilap should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Imagine this motor is still being tuned yet it set the fastest time for the BAR in the old chassis. Honda may have done their homework this time.
Old 21 Dec 2002, 17:37 (Ref:454961)   #48
Glen
Veteran

Glen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGlen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGlen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
BAR are setting quick times, Jaques has stated that he thinks they'll be battling with Wiliams and McLaren... yea, right. Renault hav got half a chance of upsetting the top three, BAR have got virtually no chance, in my opinion. At the very top level it takes a hell of a lot more than Honda (or whatever engine manufacturer) getting their act together, or Willis coming up with a new aero package, or any other single element... nobody can compete without rock solid management of the entire package from top to bottom. BAR are still all at sea as far as I can judge - they will never make it to the top with ther current structure - they don't have the discipline.
Old 21 Dec 2002, 17:51 (Ref:454971)   #49
Jellybabe
Racer

Quote:
Originally posted by Glen
At the very top level it takes a hell of a lot more than Honda (or whatever engine manufacturer) getting their act together, or Willis coming up with a new aero package, or any other single element...
The Williams Supertec/Mecachromes were really slow - they were third in 1998 and fifth in 1999. When BMW came on board and gave them a much better engine they finished third twice then second this year.
Old 21 Dec 2002, 18:03 (Ref:454977)   #50
Glen
Veteran

Glen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGlen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGlen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Jellybabe
The Williams Supertec/Mecachromes were really slow - they were third in 1998 and fifth in 1999. When BMW came on board and gave them a much better engine they finished third twice then second this year.
Williams were a top flight team with a poor engine at that time - the BMW came along and filled in the missing piece of the puzzle. Same deal with McLaren this year - the Mercedes was a little lacking, and they spent many months getting to know the Michelin tyres... but they didn't , and never will, stop being a class team with rock solid managment and infrastructure.

If a decent engine were an open door to good results Toyota would have blown the mid-field apart in 2002 - they were often quickest through the speed traps.

BAR need proper integrity all the way down their organisation - taking on Willis was a good move, as was getting exclusive use of the Hondas... so they may well be on their way. But. - this should have happened right from the beginning. It will take them at least three years to upset Williams and McLaren in the slightest - and by that time Toyota may well have beaten them to it, and Renault definately will have.