Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

Old 23 Apr 2010, 17:48 (Ref:2678602)   #26
Morris Dancer
Racer

Australia
Sydney, Australia
Morris Dancer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by eveningladies View Post
That's maybe a tad negative. They weren't expecting a big crowd at Silverstone as there was no promotion done before the event as the series wasn't quite ready for the beginning of Season 3. That's probably a general reflection on the British rounds so far, although I'm sure there'll be a bigger crowd at the Brands race as MSV seem to put a lot of effort into promotion.

The European races are a different matter and I'll stick my neck out and reckon there'll be a good crowd at Assen as there has been at a lot of the prior European rounds.

Like a lot of people on here, the football connection doesn't really do anything for me, but I think there's no denying that SF provides some spectacular racing with fantastic sounding cars and I hope it continues
I'm being realistic, not negative.

What evidence do you have for your extraordinary claim that that the lack of pre-event promotion was because "... the series wasn't quite ready for the beginning of season 3"? Are you saying that the organisers are a bunch of amateurs who can't get their act together after two years?

More likely the motor racing and soccer (Australian Rules is what I call "football") public would have stayed away from Silverstone in droves even if the event had been promoted properly.

The fans see these this artificial series as nothing more than marketing exercises designed to suck sponsor money away from the 'legitimate' second-tier openwheel ones (ie. GP2, FR3.5, F2, Indy Lights, etc.).
Old 23 Apr 2010, 22:35 (Ref:2678739)   #27
runshaw
Veteran

England
Lancashire UK
runshaw should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morris Dancer View Post
The fans see these this artificial series as nothing more than marketing exercises designed to suck sponsor money away from the 'legitimate' second-tier openwheel ones (ie. GP2, FR3.5, F2, Indy Lights, etc.).
What fans are you referring to? I'm a fan of the series, but not for the reason you stated. Have you been to the track to watch it? I'm a fan because of the big chunky 750bhp cars with ear-piercing V12 engines and a very good list of drivers. If any motor racing fan or anyone else sees these cars in action, they will be impressed.

It produced some wicked racing at the first round, with plenty of overtaking, and has done so in its first two years. Do you not like the fact that we have some very talented drivers racing around Europe who otherwise wouldn't have a drive anywhere else due to lack of budget? Or would you like the series to become defunct leaving these cars to collect dust and for the drivers to sit at home twiddling their thumbs? This isn't a marketing exercise to suck sponsorship money away from GP2, what are you talking about?! Cheer up!
Old 24 Apr 2010, 09:35 (Ref:2678909)   #28
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!

Guys,

Please can you discuss the general state of the series in the other thread (off season?) or start another one.

Cheers
Old 24 Apr 2010, 15:23 (Ref:2679012)   #29
Morris Dancer
Racer

Australia
Sydney, Australia
Morris Dancer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer View Post
Guys,

Please can you discuss the general state of the series in the other thread (off season?) or start another one.

Cheers
OK, OK, I get the hint! Go to http://tentenths.com/forum/showthrea...11#post2679011