Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

Old 2 May 2010, 15:20 (Ref:2683238)   #26
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Last2LiftOff View Post
Still trying to figure what the drive-through's were for, and the black & white warning flag "track limits" while I'm at it (out-of-bounds like)?
They worked on the cars (changing tyres) after the 3-minute board. Report here.

You could say Esteban was lucky, but sometimes you make your own luck.
Old 2 May 2010, 15:21 (Ref:2683239)   #27
ptclaus98
Veteran

United States
ptclaus98 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Last2LiftOff View Post
LOL, dobry Strider, esp. from where you were watching. Not sure it was a particular bit of driving for the win there but, points in the bag. I'd rather hoped Rosenzweig could've pulled out a win, dunno the last time an American won a World Series race.

Still trying to figure what the drive-through's were for, and the black & white warning flag "track limits" while I'm at it (out-of-bounds like)?

Updated standings directly.

Edit: Win, place, and show. (I thought Zampieri looked pretty feisty throughout.)

1. Esteban Guerrieri ISR 45m 25.474s 17 laps
2. Daniel Zampieri Pons +3.308s
3. Stefano Coletti Comtec +17.157s
Has there been a first time?
Old 2 May 2010, 15:43 (Ref:2683262)   #28
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis
Mekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Guerrieri won his 2nd WSR race? Woo-hoo!!!
Old 2 May 2010, 16:09 (Ref:2683273)   #29
Last2LiftOff
Veteran

Canada
Six Jolly Fellowship Porters
Last2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
(No Argentinian flag smiley? They didn't make the 2006 World Cup? That can't be right!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptclaus98 View Post
Has there been a first time?
I haven't the least idea PT, just putting it out there.

From the sporting regs FWIW. Learn something new every day:
Quote:
Race one will be run using a light aerodynamic configuration, whereas race two will include a mandatory pit stop within a "window" defined in the table below:

Spa between laps 5 / 13

During this pit stop, six mechanics must change two wheels. Pit stops are prohibited while the safety car is out on track. The window will then be extended by the number of laps for which the safety car was on track. Any driver who makes a pit stop outside of this window will receive a 20-second penalty. Any driver who makes a pit stop before the end of the first lap or who fails to stop will receive a one minute penalty.
Quote:
Originally Posted by strider View Post
Anyway, it's now been confirmed as a gearbox problem.
Thank goodness that's settled.
Old 2 May 2010, 16:32 (Ref:2683280)   #30
Draco
Rookie

Draco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
why pentus was so back ?
Old 3 May 2010, 02:32 (Ref:2683562)   #31
Last2LiftOff
Veteran

Canada
Six Jolly Fellowship Porters
Last2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Think he started pretty far down the order Draco, 20th I think.
Old 3 May 2010, 10:47 (Ref:2683692)   #32
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
think he had his fastest lap time deleted for doing something naughty but since the results site isn't working at the moment i can't see what the infringement was. it'll be in the noticeboard section when it starts working again
Old 3 May 2010, 11:47 (Ref:2683721)   #33
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mekola View Post
Guerrieri won his 2nd WSR race? Woo-hoo!!!
He has won in WSR before when he was with Ultimate Motorsport a couple of years ago, but this was his his first win this year with a new and relatively unknown (to me anyway) team. I rate him as a class act because he's won in virtually everything he's raced.
Old 3 May 2010, 17:55 (Ref:2683870)   #34
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
He has won in WSR before when he was with Ultimate Motorsport a couple of years ago, but this was his his first win this year with a new and relatively unknown (to me anyway) team. I rate him as a class act because he's won in virtually everything he's raced.
Indeed, I've always thought him very good, but he's unfortunately one of those drivers who seems destined never to reach his full potential career wise.

Great result though. Be interesting if he can turn this into a proper title tilt.
Old 4 May 2010, 00:32 (Ref:2684013)   #35
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
his contract was only for the first 2 events (according to italiaracing), so it depends if they come up with something for the rest of the season or not. motorland was a total disaster from a title challenge point of view so considering the form aleshin is on you'd want as few of those sorts of weekends as possible.
Old 4 May 2010, 08:49 (Ref:2684107)   #36
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
If it's only the first 2 rounds, then that's it for him? Perhaps they'll extend it to race-by-race kind of deal as he's won a race for them?

Be a shame if he's out to be replaced by some non-entity wouldn't it?
Old 4 May 2010, 09:30 (Ref:2684132)   #37
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
well since the team is owned by salaquarda's father it's unlikely they'll choose a moneybags driver, especially since there's got to be a few more unstable budgets around. i guess it depends whether he's looking for success for his team or would rather his son be made to look like an excellent racing driver!
Old 4 May 2010, 11:54 (Ref:2684212)   #38
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
I hope the former. It will help his son to have Esteban as a reference point.
Old 6 May 2010, 16:47 (Ref:2685459)   #39
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
Quote:
I hope the former. It will help his son to have Esteban as a reference point.
In Autosport today it says the team is looking for a full-time (presumably paying) driver in place of Esteban.

What does the guy have to do to get a break? I think the Argentine government should put some money behind him. What say you, Mekola?
Old 6 May 2010, 20:19 (Ref:2685628)   #40
runshaw
Veteran

England
Lancashire UK
runshaw should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Didn't the Argentine government put £900k or thereabouts towards Lopez's F1 drive? Perhaps that money would have been better off with Esteban to see him through a title campaign, a wiser choice!
Old 6 May 2010, 21:28 (Ref:2685669)   #41
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
Quote:
Originally Posted by runshaw View Post
Didn't the Argentine government put £900k or thereabouts towards Lopez's F1 drive? Perhaps that money would have been better off with Esteban to see him through a title campaign, a wiser choice!
I wasn't going to say that, but it was in my mind! You're too smart, runshaw!
Old 6 May 2010, 21:58 (Ref:2685674)   #42
Alex K
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
Alex K has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
What does the guy have to do to get a break? I think the Argentine government should put some money behind him. What say you, Mekola?
I think he should move. How many years does he want to race single-seaters in promo classes? Argies have two or three very strong TC/GT leagues, and he's a respected driver. He want get respect on European single-seater circuits no more. He's to good to waste time in FR3.5.
Old 7 May 2010, 13:51 (Ref:2685985)   #43
runshaw
Veteran

England
Lancashire UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex K View Post
I think he should move. How many years does he want to race single-seaters in promo classes? Argies have two or three very strong TC/GT leagues, and he's a respected driver. He want get respect on European single-seater circuits no more. He's to good to waste time in FR3.5.
You can't knock him for chasing his dream, which is presumably F1! And from what I see, he isn't wasting his time in 3.5, because he did just win at Spa, can't do much better than that...There are plenty of guys wasting time in International single-seater championships all the time, i.e. the slow pay drivers at the back. But he isn't one of them.
Old 7 May 2010, 16:28 (Ref:2686082)   #44
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
Quote:
Originally Posted by runshaw View Post
You can't knock him for chasing his dream, which is presumably F1! And from what I see, he isn't wasting his time in 3.5, because he did just win at Spa, can't do much better than that...There are plenty of guys wasting time in International single-seater championships all the time, i.e. the slow pay drivers at the back. But he isn't one of them.
Thanks for saying it for me.

There's a photo on Facebook now showing the results on a F3ES qualifying session from 2006. Guerrieri was on pole for Manor. Di Resta was 2nd, Grosjean 3rd, Nakajima 5th, Vettel 7th, Kobayashi 10th and Buemi 11th.

Esteban must feel very frustrated at times, but never seems to show it; just gets on and does the driving.
Old 7 May 2010, 18:28 (Ref:2686187)   #45
WSR Fan
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
WSR Fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/83375

Well, looks like Alexander Rossi is replacing Guerrieri for the Monaco round at least. After driving for the team in Formula Master last year, hopefully he will settle in quickly and put in a good performance.

I echo the comments of many people on here about Guerrieri. He has a lot of talent, but sadly not the backing it seems. If single-seaters are his passion, then it would be nice to see him in something like Auto GP, where he would have the chance to actually win some prize money for himself. Or if he were to turn his back on single-seaters, I'm sure he would have no shortage of offers in the LMS or GT1 World Championship?
Old 7 May 2010, 22:06 (Ref:2686284)   #46
Alex K
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
What dream he's chasing? No money, no honey chunterer. Am not bashing poor guy, he's somthing special IMO, probably one of two-three best in promo single-seaters in the world, but he wastes his time "chasing his dream." How long does he want to stay in FR3.5 equivalent formulas? That guy has potential to shine in strong GT/TC championship. He's wasting his unnatural gift, don't want him to become second Pantano...
Old 7 May 2010, 22:17 (Ref:2686289)   #47
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

Quote:
What dream he's chasing? No money, no honey chunterer....
Pardon moi, I have not mentioned anything of chasing dreams Alex. Have you misquoted someone by any chance?
Old 7 May 2010, 22:44 (Ref:2686300)   #48
runshaw
Veteran

England
Lancashire UK
Quote:
What dream he's chasing? No money, no honey chunterer. Am not bashing poor guy, he's somthing special IMO, probably one of two-three best in promo single-seaters in the world, but he wastes his time "chasing his dream." How long does he want to stay in FR3.5 equivalent formulas? That guy has potential to shine in strong GT/TC championship. He's wasting his unnatural gift, don't want him to become second Pantano...
He's chasing the F1 dream like every other driver out there, is that not obvious?! IMO, winning in FR3.5 at Spa isn't a waste of time or talent. How do you define 'waste'? What better way to spend a Sunday afternoon; racing a 425bhp single-seater around Spa and beating everyone! I presume his time is now over with ISR as Rossi has taken the seat, but I guess he wanted to stay in 3.5 or equivalent formulas for as long as possible, trying to get a break like every other competitor.
Old 8 May 2010, 22:01 (Ref:2686707)   #49
Alex K
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
To have a break you need money, something he doesn't have I assume, I assume because he's not in ISR car no more.

Fair enough, he can chase his F1 dream and do one-offs, half season here and there, stay in FR3.5 equivalents, but it doesn't move him towards F1.
Old 9 May 2010, 14:26 (Ref:2687179)   #50
F1 Prospects
Racer

Canada
Montreal
F1 Prospects should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
To have a break you need money, something he doesn't have I assume, I assume because he's not in ISR car no more.

Fair enough, he can chase his F1 dream and do one-offs, half season here and there, stay in FR3.5 equivalents, but it doesn't move him towards F1.
You can only do what you can do. Any seat time is better than waiting around for the perfect situation to present itself. At least you have something current to show to potential sponsors. And Rossi's deal is only for Monaco from what I understand. Not sure what ISR plan to do for the balance of the season.