Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Clubmans Rallycross Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Rallying & Rallycross

Old 25 Jan 2011, 22:41 (Ref:2820593)   #76
Suze
Veteran

England
Suze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Metcheck suggests sunny and clear but cold.
Old 27 Jan 2011, 16:16 (Ref:2821382)   #77
brands hatch
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kent
brands hatch should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
just wondered does anyone know if southbank will be available to park on?
Old 27 Jan 2011, 16:50 (Ref:2821391)   #78
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by brands hatch View Post
just wondered does anyone know if southbank will be available to park on?
I don't think it will be - purely based on the fact that cars going to and from southbank would get mixed up with rally cars going between service and the stages.
Old 27 Jan 2011, 21:16 (Ref:2821472)   #79
brands hatch
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kent
Quote:
Originally Posted by BertMk2 View Post
I don't think it will be - purely based on the fact that cars going to and from southbank would get mixed up with rally cars going between service and the stages.

Ok thanks, thats what I thought, just wanted to double check though
Old 29 Jan 2011, 12:54 (Ref:2822261)   #80
Suze
Veteran

England
Suze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Just uploaded a photo of the loose bit to twitter.
Old 30 Jan 2011, 20:54 (Ref:2822906)   #81
Suze
Veteran

England
I hope those that followed on the twitter account managed to keep up to date with what was going on.

It's been a long but enjoyable day. A big thanks to everybody involved for their hard work and making it happen.

Results:

http://brandshatchstages.co.uk/sites...11_Results.pdf
Old 30 Jan 2011, 22:15 (Ref:2822938)   #82
brands hatch
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kent
Was my first ever attendance at a rally and I must say it was brilliant. Very well organised, spectator friendly and some great on track action.

Well done to all those involved, I know i will certainly be going to more rallies in the future!

Liam
Old 30 Jan 2011, 22:20 (Ref:2822941)   #83
Suze
Veteran

England
Good to hear! As with anything, there's always scope for improvement, but hope people enjoyed it.
Old 30 Jan 2011, 22:28 (Ref:2822948)   #84
Thundersports
Veteran

Balearic Islands
On the dark side of the moon
Thundersports should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I spent a few hours up there to day and can only echo "brands hatch" feelings about the event; very enjoyable!
Old 30 Jan 2011, 22:33 (Ref:2822949)   #85
westfieldbend
Veteran

westfieldbend should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Was a good event, I hope it is welcomed back in 2012.

Shame you got caught out by the curfew (albeit only be a couple of minutes!!)

Rally school stage was interesting, especially the flying finish in the afternoon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brands hatch View Post
Was my first ever attendance at a rally and I must say it was brilliant. Very well organised, spectator friendly and some great on track action.

Well done to all those involved, I know i will certainly be going to more rallies in the future!

Liam
Goodwood 12th February!
Old 31 Jan 2011, 09:15 (Ref:2823071)   #86
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
tbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
It was a bit chilly, but still had a great day! I was amongst the Scoobs on South Bank, so many thanks to the marshalls for guiding us round there and pointing out all the pot holes (and rally cars!) en route!

Just a pity we didn't know about closed off section as the cars joined the track. We walked up there to cross between stages and get a cup of tea, only to be told it was closed all day, so we had to go round the long way! - I know for next time though!
Old 31 Jan 2011, 09:20 (Ref:2823074)   #87
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
We had a cracking day the stages were good fun (and that rally school bit was really slippy all day!). The car was really on song and we just about got away with the gearing on the long drags along the start/finish straight. It feels a bit weird blasting the wrong way down the pit lane Also it's good to get the chance to go around paddock at speed - I've watched other people doing it for years so it was nice to be able to experience that.

We'll be back for another go nest year if it's on

A big thank you to the marshals too - you must have been bloody freezing!
Old 31 Jan 2011, 09:45 (Ref:2823089)   #88
jonbryant
Veteran

England
Horsham, West Sussex
jonbryant should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjonbryant should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Like others I thoroughly enjoyed myself and have even got the photos done! The main bit of my website will be updated later when I find the password but for the moment they're on

http://www.snappyracers.com/album/300111Brands/

Cheers

Jon
www.snappyracers.com
Old 31 Jan 2011, 10:05 (Ref:2823097)   #89
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
Nice photos Jon I'll have a proper look later. I did keep an eye out for you but didn't spot you anywhere - I'd have put an extra "caution - snappy Jon" in the notes if I knew where you were
Old 31 Jan 2011, 10:54 (Ref:2823126)   #90
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
tbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Great set of photos Jon. I was planning to take to some photos myself; it was only as I parked up that I realised I'd left my SLR behind - arrrgghhh!
Old 31 Jan 2011, 19:25 (Ref:2823420)   #91
jonbryant
Veteran

England
Horsham, West Sussex
jonbryant should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjonbryant should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by BertMk2 View Post
Nice photos Jon I'll have a proper look later. I did keep an eye out for you but didn't spot you anywhere - I'd have put an extra "caution - snappy Jon" in the notes if I knew where you were
Cheers mate. I was lurking where you'd least expect it

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbtstt View Post
Great set of photos Jon. I was planning to take to some photos myself; it was only as I parked up that I realised I'd left my SLR behind - arrrgghhh!
That's my worst nightmare! Yet to happen thankfully...
Old 31 Jan 2011, 21:23 (Ref:2823475)   #92
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonbryant View Post
That's my worst nightmare! Yet to happen thankfully...
Such is the problem with eraly morning starts. I know when I left the house I'd forgotten something, I just couldn't think what it was...

...still, it was quite nice to just amble round and enjoy the action; I lost count of the number of times I kept thinking "that would make a good picture" before realising that I didn't have a camera with me though!
Old 31 Jan 2011, 23:20 (Ref:2823534)   #93
Suze
Veteran

England
Recognise anyone?

http://blzeebub.com/images/phocagall...10130_0340.jpg
Old 1 Feb 2011, 09:40 (Ref:2823703)   #94
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suze View Post
Nice That "rally stage" was really slippy all day, I don't know what they've done with the tarmac there but there was no grip whatsoever. The Subaru that started the first couple of stages directly in front of us managed to spin on the 2nd corner on both stages 1 and 2!
Old 1 Feb 2011, 10:12 (Ref:2823728)   #95
Suze
Veteran

England
I think it always is! It was when I drove it on my BARs, but the pouring rain didn't help either.... Love the first few corners of it when run in the "normal" manner. Sorry didn't see you, but was in the commentary box and busy all day!