Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Clubmans Rallycross Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Rallying & Rallycross

Old 1 Dec 2010, 04:38 (Ref:2797953)   #1
dj4monie
Veteran

United States
Reseda, California
dj4monie is heading for a stewards' enquiry!
Hot Topic Request: 2011 Dakar

Just thought I would start this thread off as the race is just over 5 weeks away.

I assume coverage will still be handled by Versus in the United States and Eurosport in most of Europe.

Eurosport usually has two check-ins during the day's stage and then a complete wrap up at the end of the day's stage.

Versus will use the 1 hour full day stage highlight format with some interviews with the leaders as well as the American interest in the race and I'm glad to say that both Johan Street in the Bikes and Robby Gordon will both be this years (2011) event.

For those keeping track Robby's number is #303. It looks that Monster has not returned as sponsor, so the sides of his Hummer are blank. Who knows if this truck will sport the graphics of his web site of Speed brand Energy Drink.

Johan it looks like is being officially supported by Yamaha this season and has switch to them from KTM in the past.

I'm looking forward to kicking the 2011 motor sport calendar with a first American victory in both Bikes and Cars which is completely and totally possible.

Robby Gordon Motorsport

Johan's Rally Pan-Am Team
Old 1 Dec 2010, 18:05 (Ref:2798228)   #2
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Dakar

Entrylists:
Cars: http://www.dakar.com/2011/DAK/presen...AGES_AUTOS.pdf
Trucks: http://www.dakar.com/2011/DAK/presen...ES_CAMIONS.pdf
Bikes: http://www.dakar.com/2011/DAK/presen...AGES_MOTOS.pdf
Quads: http://www.dakar.com/2011/DAK/presen...AGES_QUADS.pdf
Old 2 Dec 2010, 09:25 (Ref:2798487)   #3
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Some well known names in the cars:

Carlos Sainz
Stephane Peterhansel
Giniel De Villiers
Nassar Al-Attiyah
Robbie Gordon
Norberto Fontana
Tim Coronel

Must admit I don't know a lot about the other classes but it looks to be a string entry really doesn't it?
Old 4 Dec 2010, 05:26 (Ref:2799373)   #4
dj4monie
Veteran

United States
Reseda, California
dj4monie is heading for a stewards' enquiry!
Well I mainly follow the cars historically but even more since Robby has been going the last 5 years.

Street is the only American bike rider to have won a stage. He's done it on two different rallies as well. He lead it in Africa and he's won a Stage (I think two) in South America.

Both Cornell Brothers (not Tom) are entered in their single seat buddies. I think Tom will be in Dubai for the 24hr race is likely the reason he's not doing it this year.
Old 3 Jan 2011, 11:24 (Ref:2810447)   #5
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Day 1 and two favorites for podium are DNF...
Old 4 Jan 2011, 18:42 (Ref:2811118)   #6
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0nOQda5hnA0

Old 6 Jan 2011, 12:14 (Ref:2811879)   #7
Morris Dancer
Racer

Australia
Sydney, Australia
Morris Dancer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Am I the only one who finds the Dakar official website completely bewildering?

If you can find the latest results then you're a better man/woman than I am, Gungadin!
Old 6 Jan 2011, 12:23 (Ref:2811885)   #8
bludvl_x19
Veteran

Australia
umop apisdn
bludvl_x19 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridbludvl_x19 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridbludvl_x19 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridbludvl_x19 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morris Dancer View Post
Am I the only one who finds the Dakar official website completely bewildering?

If you can find the latest results then you're a better man/woman than I am, Gungadin!
Honestly, it took me no longer than 30 seconds to find them.

Bike:
http://www.dakar.com/dakar/2011/us/s...es-page-1.html
Quad:
http://www.dakar.com/dakar/2011/us/s...ds-page-1.html
Car:
http://www.dakar.com/dakar/2011/us/s...rs-page-1.html
Trucks:
http://www.dakar.com/dakar/2011/us/s...ks-page-1.html
Old 13 Jan 2011, 11:31 (Ref:2815204)   #9
Morris Dancer
Racer

Australia
Sydney, Australia
Morris Dancer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks, but how do you get to those results pages from the homepage?
Old 18 Jan 2011, 02:23 (Ref:2817151)   #10
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
More great Images
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 18 Jan 2011, 09:44 (Ref:2817236)   #11
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Some stunning images there as always, it really is an epic event still isn't it? Some of those photos really do put the event into context - the vast expanses of terrain they're going through and the harshness of it.
Old 18 Jan 2011, 09:48 (Ref:2817239)   #12
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
tbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
Superb set of images, as Bert says some of those pictures really convey how harsh the terrain they are covering is.

Pity they aren't a bit bigger - as I would have some new desktop wallpapers if they were!