Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

Old 12 Jun 2013, 17:51 (Ref:3261672)   #1
EastonNeston
Veteran

EastonNeston should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Artificial 'cigarette' sponsorship

With the changes today, classifying artificial cigarettes as a 'medicine' do you feel that is appropriate to allow the manufactures of these products to continue to advertise within our sport?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-22870301
Old 12 Jun 2013, 18:05 (Ref:3261680)   #2
Fan
Veteran

Fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yes, I can't see why not. It's not tobacco so why not let it be promoted?
Old 12 Jun 2013, 18:09 (Ref:3261685)   #3
Flavio Galtieri
Veteran

European Union
Modena
Flavio Galtieri should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFlavio Galtieri should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFlavio Galtieri should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I don't see why not. There's no smoke involved after all.

Red Bull was banned in France, classified as a medicine in Denmark and nobody seems to mind anymore.

I've seen far more morally dubious sponsors that an E-fag.
Old 12 Jun 2013, 18:10 (Ref:3261686)   #4
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Absolutely no reason at all.
Old 12 Jun 2013, 19:50 (Ref:3261745)   #5
Richard B
Racer

United Kingdom
Oxford
Richard B should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hopefully JPS will produce e-cigarettes and we'll see the fantastic black and gold livery back.
Old 12 Jun 2013, 20:06 (Ref:3261755)   #6
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Mmmmmmm, JPS...........
Old 12 Jun 2013, 20:56 (Ref:3261779)   #7
EastonNeston
Veteran

EastonNeston should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Maybe we should bring back the "Death" brand too?
Probably the most appropriate brand name for tobacco products ever.
Old 12 Jun 2013, 21:53 (Ref:3261803)   #8
ivanalesi
Veteran

Bulgaria
ivanalesi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
They're toxic, so they won't last for long. Nicorete was sponsoring Williams and Peugeot in WRC.
Old 12 Jun 2013, 21:57 (Ref:3261806)   #9
JurekB
Racer

Poland
Stoke on Trent
JurekB should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Would it be inappropriate to be sponsored by Nicorette? E-cigs are simply a form of nicotine replacement just like patches or gum. Indeed I know a number of people who stopped smoking using gum and are now addicted to the gum.
Old 12 Jun 2013, 22:02 (Ref:3261810)   #10
kipper
Veteran

England
Leics
kipper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridkipper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Given that there is a technical difference between these and cigarettes, I don't have a particular problem with them being advertised within motorsport.
Old 13 Jun 2013, 00:33 (Ref:3261863)   #11
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis
Mekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard B View Post
Hopefully JPS will produce e-cigarettes and we'll see the fantastic black and gold livery back.
AFAIK John Player Special produced clothes, too. JPS could enter as a cloth brand.
Old 13 Jun 2013, 01:37 (Ref:3261876)   #12
paulSenna
Rookie

United Kingdom
London
paulSenna should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastonNeston View Post
Maybe we should bring back the "Death" brand too?
Probably the most appropriate brand name for tobacco products ever.
E-cigs are not tobacco products.
Old 13 Jun 2013, 08:45 (Ref:3261980)   #13
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
Yes they should be allowed, whatever way you look at it they are helping people control this awful killing habit, if more control is required on their sale thats up to government.
Old 13 Jun 2013, 10:08 (Ref:3262027)   #14
medius
Veteran

England
Media Office hiding from the rain
medius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmedius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I think this thread is missing a huge aspect.

The old tobacco brands could throw vast sums at advertising, because they could afford to. I don't think the makers of E-cigs have anything like the figures of those days, never mind working out if motorsport is worthwhile to spend money on. Supermarkets have massive profits, but most don't see it as worthwhile...

Unless existing tobacco brands suddenly change market from tobacco to E-cigs, the question isn't ''should it be allowed?'', it should be ''could the makers even afford to?''
Old 13 Jun 2013, 10:46 (Ref:3262040)   #15
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
i have a problem with e-fag adverts in their current form.

IF it's targeted specifically at people recovering from smoking habits and addictions, that's fine. however. i've seen them handing out branded lanyards etc to kids and anybody and everyone at circuits and that's so wrong. i feel as if it's just advertised as a product and not something to help existing smokers.
Old 13 Jun 2013, 10:49 (Ref:3262042)   #16
jeast
Racer

jeast User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
I don't even really care if tobacco was still sponsors. It seems a lot of funding problems of today's Motorsports came after tobacco was banned.