Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

Old 29 Apr 2013, 10:44 (Ref:3240536)   #1
JimW
Veteran

United Kingdom
Worcestershire, UK
JimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
World Series by Renault 2013 - No UK round

Anyone know why there is no FR 3.5 round in the UK this year?

Jim
Old 29 Apr 2013, 18:18 (Ref:3240679)   #2
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimW View Post
Anyone know why there is no FR 3.5 round in the UK this year?

Jim
If it depended on sponsoring or part funding from Renault UK, then perhaps that was not possible in view of them struggling with poor sales and market share here?

Only a guess....
Old 29 Apr 2013, 18:44 (Ref:3240692)   #3
jungle_007
Rookie

jungle_007 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Gutted! I passed my driving test during the off season & this was one of the main events i was planning on heading down to watch & maybe grab a future F1 driver’s autograph.

Oh, I bought a Renault funnily enough, second hand though
Old 29 Apr 2013, 19:43 (Ref:3240723)   #4
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
i can't imagine the slightly shambolic state of things at silverstone with the wec last year made them want to stay around. given the choice between silverstone and monza (which to be fair, it probably was), it's a bit of a no brainer! they're also renting out their own event track time to other series as well this year which is a bit of a blast from the past. so that should give you an idea about what's going on with the wsr event as a whole.

why not drive to the spa round at the start of june instead? it's not that far from calais or dunkerque and it's a *much* better event
Old 29 Apr 2013, 21:28 (Ref:3240771)   #5
JimW
Veteran

United Kingdom
Worcestershire, UK
JimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post
i can't imagine the slightly shambolic state of things at silverstone with the wec last year made them want to stay around. given the choice between silverstone and monza (which to be fair, it probably was), it's a bit of a no brainer! they're also renting out their own event track time to other series as well this year which is a bit of a blast from the past. so that should give you an idea about what's going on with the wsr event as a whole.

why not drive to the spa round at the start of june instead? it's not that far from calais or dunkerque and it's a *much* better event
Well the chance of marshalling abroad is always with me but 70 miles to Silverstone against 450 to Spa might be an issue.

Regards

Jim
Old 30 Apr 2013, 21:21 (Ref:3241129)   #6
p-matt
Veteran

p-matt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Didn't they promise that there would be a full WSR round this year after a bit of an uproar last year that there were no free tickets?
Old 30 Apr 2013, 21:36 (Ref:3241133)   #7
kipper
Veteran

England
Leics
kipper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridkipper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by p-matt View Post
Didn't they promise that there would be a full WSR round this year after a bit of an uproar last year that there were no free tickets?
The free tickets have generally been funded by the respective Renault importer (to my understanding) and apparently Renault UK considers that sponsoring Goodwood is a better alternative at the moment. I suspect that the law of diminishing returns also applies to the amount of exposure that is obtained by offering free tickets to World Series events.
Old 30 Apr 2013, 22:01 (Ref:3241139)   #8
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
the british crowd was always the largest bar possibly hungary, so i think there's perhaps an element of being a victim of its own success. that size of event is unbelievably expensive to run, especially with so little cash coming in from the spectators.
Old 1 May 2013, 09:18 (Ref:3241276)   #9
Down F0rce
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Down F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
People are STILL complaining on their facebook page... the entitlement of some people is shocking.

I'm off to Barcelona this year, back to back with the WRC in Spain. Beats rainy old Silverstone!
Old 2 May 2013, 14:07 (Ref:3241764)   #10
sceptic
Veteran

sceptic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
the british crowd was always the largest bar possibly hungary, so i think there's perhaps an element of being a victim of its own success. that size of event is unbelievably expensive to run, especially with so little cash coming in from the spectators.
Indeed. The costs of things like policing and traffic management will be hundreds of thousands, if not millions of pounds. There are much better ways of spending your marketing budget than that.
Old 2 May 2013, 15:12 (Ref:3241786)   #11
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
Quote:
Originally Posted by Down F0rce View Post
People are STILL complaining on their facebook page... the entitlement of some people is shocking.

I'm off to Barcelona this year, back to back with the WRC in Spain. Beats rainy old Silverstone!
barcelona is a good one, one of two wsr events that still have a decent atmosphere

but i agree with you on the entitlement thing, it's embarrassing and reflects badly on everyone else who happens to be british and a fan of the events. like i said before, if they're a spectator and they care that much about seeing that specific type of racing or event then spa is a nice weekend away and a great chance to see a legendary circuit. if they were just going for the free tickets then they're going to have to do more to convince renault to change their budgeting than a lot of whining on a facebook page.
Old 2 May 2013, 19:37 (Ref:3241873)   #12
kipper
Veteran

England
Leics
kipper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridkipper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
if they're a spectator and they care that much about seeing that specific type of racing or event then spa is a nice weekend away and a great chance to see a legendary circuit. if they were just going for the free tickets then they're going to have to do more to convince renault to change their budgeting than a lot of whining on a facebook page.
That said, I do have some sympathy if one can't afford a trip abroad or the GP (which is probably the only way of seeing immediate sub-F1 cars in the flesh). Although complaining on Facebook won't help matters.
Old 2 May 2013, 19:51 (Ref:3241881)   #13
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
totally agree with you, it is silly money to go to a gp though depending on exactly how you divide the costs it isn't all that expensive. but you can tell that so many of the complaints come from people who are just complaining because they were deprived of a freebie event, not deprived of an opportunity to watch some of the worlds best single seater drivers in some serious cars. spa is cost efficient for a group of friends travelling in a car from saturday morning to sunday night - especially if you don't mind sleeping in a tent or sharing a hotel room.

thankfully the circuits that host the btcc at least are opening their eyes to the cost of a day out for families and offering deals accordingly.
Old 10 Jun 2013, 20:43 (Ref:3260599)   #14
martiingarner87
Rookie

England
Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire.
martiingarner87 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm going the Hungaroring event this year because there is no UK round.

Has anyone been/going to the Hungaroring round?

Any advice on camping i have tried contacting all the campsites but most seem to be closed as its out of season or ive had no replies!!

Last edited by martiingarner87; 10 Jun 2013 at 20:48.