Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

Old 25 May 2013, 07:28 (Ref:3252944)   #1
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Formula Renault 3.5 Monaco

Big race for the series round the principality.

Seems like there may have been an issue with drivers running too quick into areas under yellow during practice on Thursday. ....

Any news on how things have gone so far?
Old 25 May 2013, 08:47 (Ref:3252973)   #2
skells22
Veteran

skells22 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Vandoorne has been given a 5 place grid pen for crashing into turn 1 after two other cars did the same before him. that the sort of crash that SHOULD resulted in a race ban for dangerous actions, risking a lot of people there and not seeing the yellow flag.
just now N.Muller will be on pole for Sunday morning race.
Old 25 May 2013, 09:08 (Ref:3252978)   #3
kurski
Veteran

Finland
kurski should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkurski should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Gastroenteritis took Matias Laine forces thursday.
Old 25 May 2013, 17:36 (Ref:3253082)   #4
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
even though i saw the replays many times, i still don't understand what went on with amberg and vandoorne's situation under yellows, nor can i get my head around why amberg got away with it. so i won't comment on that.

if nico can get off the start cleanly he's going to be incredibly difficult to stop, and not just because overtaking is challenging at monaco.
Old 26 May 2013, 11:36 (Ref:3253367)   #5
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
as i was saying....

great win, well deserved and a textbook demonstration of how to win at monaco.
Old 28 May 2013, 08:31 (Ref:3254381)   #6
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
This all helps keep the points race bunched up as well?

Sainz has to be congratulated on his weekend too - solid job.

Disappointed with Yelloly, he would have wanted to a strong weekend to act as a reminder to team bosses.
Old 28 May 2013, 11:06 (Ref:3254453)   #7
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer View Post
This all helps keep the points race bunched up as well?
very much so - it's not quite enough to bring in some new championship contenders, but nico is very good at spa much like magnussen is so it could get closer again. i can't remember how well vandoorne did there in the eurocup but i'd expect him to be back up for podiums. likewise if sorensen is done with his engine problems, and i think spa will suit norman nato as well. he seems to be having a season much like magnussen did last year - he's very quick and has a great enthusiastic driving style but it's just not coming together. reckon we'll see a win from him before the season is done though.

i think sainz' pace at spa will depend on whether zeta corse have got a good handle on the car there. i reckon he'll be about 4th-8th in the races, from a totally unscientific guess
Old 28 May 2013, 14:48 (Ref:3254531)   #8
cds_uk
Veteran

England
Kesgrave, Suffolk, UK
cds_uk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer View Post
Disappointed with Yelloly, he would have wanted to a strong weekend to act as a reminder to team bosses.
There is something about Yelloly though that has never quite convinced me, he just doesn't have the wow factor somehow does he, if you know what I mean.
Old 28 May 2013, 20:39 (Ref:3254702)   #9
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cds_uk View Post
There is something about Yelloly though that has never quite convinced me, he just doesn't have the wow factor somehow does he, if you know what I mean.
Don't know, he was pretty stunning when he first got in the old car 2 years ago but didn't capitalise last season really.

Sitting around and doing the odd races isn't going to help him with consistency though that's for sure. I hope he can stick with Zeta for the season, be interesting yardstick for Sainz or whoever else gets in the other car?
Old 28 May 2013, 21:19 (Ref:3254729)   #10
cds_uk
Veteran

England
Kesgrave, Suffolk, UK
cds_uk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
FR 3.5 with Zeta or GP3 with Carlin, or does he have the funding for both? And does two series at the same time really ever work? Having said that he isn't really going to say no thank you is he.
Old 29 May 2013, 08:24 (Ref:3254876)   #11
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
Quote:
Originally Posted by cds_uk View Post
And does two series at the same time really ever work?
ooh now there's a question. i guess it depends what your end goal is, and how good a driver you are.

if you're a f1 team deciding what a driver should do, particularly red bull then yes it does. the right driver will just adapt to whatever car he's in and work with whichever people he needs to. a championship win isn't totally critical, but it's nice.

if you're looking for results to impress a f1 team or establish yourself for a career elsewhere... it's probably not worth the money unless you've got someone waving a fistful of cash at you and you've already paid this years bills. in that case, like you say, why the hell not? if you can do a da costa and parachute in for a few races, drive as hard as you can without having the championship story in the back of your mind and come out with some heroic results then it's got to be worth it.

imo