Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 22 Nov 2015, 01:00 (Ref:3592281)   #101
chavez
Veteran

Australia
The Basin, Victoria
chavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reload View Post
Poor judgement from SVG, but that's a massive over reaction.
Perhaps, but didn't Bargs say he was going to come down hard on anyone who interfered with the championship?

I am struggling to reconcile Bargs' tough talking with the slap over the wrist with a wet lettuce leaf SVG received.

SVG admitted in the interview with Greg Murphy that it was deliberate act and pay back for being run wide at the first turn at the start of the race.

NASCAR, known for tolerating all kinds of on track indiscretions, finally saw the light with Matt Kenseth and parked him for a couple of races - they couldn't afford the championship being comprised by reckless on track behavior.

Yet here a deliberate act against one of the championship contenders receives the lightest of punishments.

At the very least the a post race drive through should have been give (with the time added to SVG's race time) to at least elevate Reynolds above SVG in the final results.

Bargs promised the world and delivered the fans and teams an atlas.

Last edited by chavez; 22 Nov 2015 at 01:01. Reason: Spelling
Old 22 Nov 2015, 01:13 (Ref:3592283)   #102
gtcapri
Racer

Australia
Maitland NSW
gtcapri should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixer View Post
I'm not defending anything, but 25 points seems to be the prescribed penalty. I do agree its not enough, but its been the same all year...

And where was everyone bleating for Cam Waters to get banned from the meeting after he took out 4 cars last race?

The lack of consistency from you lot is as bad as the lack of consistency from the officialdom, but:

If they penalise someone immediately for a drive-through and its a howler, you scream BLUE murder

If they take the time to get all the video and data, if the decision doesn't suit, you scream BLUE murder.
Still haven't found a Snickers yet???
Waters was a little harder since it was Bright who was hit by Courtney (serial punter)hit Frosty who was in a group of cars. Yesterdays was a a lot more clear cut. Maybe if you saw the incident you might get it. Chances are you probably won't because your just as 'inconsistent' as everyone else on here. Pot meet kettle.

If this had been Lowndes on the receiving end you'd be screaming why no penalty because that's what Lowndes got at Bathurst for the same thing two years ago. Just like Rick in 07. Then you'd be defending Rolands comments as being justified and not 'whinging'. Hilarious for an incident you haven't even seen. But I digress. I like you, your funny!

Try reading the post above. You might get it.
Old 22 Nov 2015, 01:18 (Ref:3592285)   #103
gtcapri
Racer

Australia
Maitland NSW
Quote:
Originally Posted by chavez View Post
Perhaps, but didn't Bargs say he was going to come down hard on anyone who interfered with the championship?

I am struggling to reconcile Bargs' tough talking with the slap over the wrist with a wet lettuce leaf SVG received.

SVG admitted in the interview with Greg Murphy that it was deliberate act and pay back for being run wide at the first turn at the start of the race.

NASCAR, known for tolerating all kinds of on track indiscretions, finally saw the light with Matt Kenseth and parked him for a couple of races - they couldn't afford the championship being comprised by reckless on track behavior.

Yet here a deliberate act against one of the championship contenders receives the lightest of punishments.

At the very least the a post race drive through should have been give (with the time added to SVG's race time) to at least elevate Reynolds above SVG in the final results.

Bargs promised the world and delivered the fans and teams an atlas.
Yes but Bargs didn't elaborate on which championship contenders will be protected by harder penalties on incidents concerning them.
Old 22 Nov 2015, 01:29 (Ref:3592287)   #104
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Oh well turn 1 and 2 should be interesting - the championship contenders head to head!
Old 22 Nov 2015, 01:31 (Ref:3592288)   #105
sizzle
Veteran

Australia
Darwin
sizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Sorry Bargs but that is the weakest explanation I have ever heard. You even explain that he was too late when he decided to get out of it. Obviously from now on all you have to do is back out afterwards and it's all good.
Old 22 Nov 2015, 01:36 (Ref:3592289)   #106
chavez
Veteran

Australia
The Basin, Victoria
chavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtcapri View Post
Yes but Bargs didn't elaborate on which championship contenders will be protected by harder penalties on incidents concerning them.
Old 22 Nov 2015, 02:42 (Ref:3592297)   #107
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
http://www.speedcafe.com/2015/11/22/...ergen-penalty/

Quote:
Speaking to V8TV‘s Greg Rust, Bargwanna explained that Reynolds should have given racing room to Van Gisbergen as the Holden drew up to the left-rear corner of his Ford.
Bargwanna added that Van Gisbergen did lift off the throttle during the contact, signifying intent to avoid the clash.
“One of the standards we set and maintain throughout the course of the year is that when there’s some overlap between race cars you do have to give racing room,” said Bargwanna.
“What I wanted to look at and make sure of exactly was who was where on the race track and what contributed to it.
Old 22 Nov 2015, 03:26 (Ref:3592303)   #108
Mixer
Veteran

Panel beaters around the world must be rejoicing Dale Wood's continued involvement in the series.

What I saw of Caruso just looked like the gears meshing, not a full rotation?

Last edited by Mixer; 22 Nov 2015 at 03:51.
Old 22 Nov 2015, 04:29 (Ref:3592309)   #109
Mixer
Veteran

Oh boy... Really hard to know how to judge that one, Jamie was on the limit and half on the track but Frosty didn't give him any racing room either.

EDIT: Frosty had no problem with it.

The last 20 laps were pretty exciting, Jamie was closing epically on Frosty there.

Didn't get a chance to see a proper angle on it but Lowndes burnout didn't look particularly safe to me?

Last edited by Mixer; 22 Nov 2015 at 04:34.
Old 22 Nov 2015, 04:35 (Ref:3592311)   #110
Reload
Veteran

Australia
Reload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridReload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Frosty saying that it was a good move from JW and he didn't have a problem with it....... how refreshing.
Old 22 Nov 2015, 04:40 (Ref:3592314)   #111
Mixer
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reload View Post
Frosty saying that it was a good move from JW and he didn't have a problem with it....... how refreshing.
I do think when a guy closes on you at 7/10ths a lap for 10 laps perhaps driving down the middle of the road isn't the smartest thing! The last lap before he caught him was 1.1s gap - Frosty's tyres must have been gone.
Old 22 Nov 2015, 04:53 (Ref:3592315)   #112
Reload
Veteran

Australia
Reload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridReload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'm a little baffled by Ingall's comment that he was pleased to see JW make that move as he thinks he's a great front runner, but not such a good racer. Pretty sure I've seen some outstanding drives from JW from both mid pack and from rear of field ?
Old 22 Nov 2015, 05:16 (Ref:3592318)   #113
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
It was a ballsy move.

Winterbottom claims he wasn't anticipating it, but I'd like to see the difference in racing lines at that corner between that lap, and the one before. It looks like the same old story of seeing someone make a move on you, so you turn in a bit earlier to hopefully block them, or milk a penalty. So much for racing room...
Old 22 Nov 2015, 05:55 (Ref:3592328)   #114
gtcapri
Racer

Australia
Maitland NSW
Quote:
And your point??? You hadn't even seen it before passing judgement!!

Seems to be a lot of difference of opinion on what Bargs made an excuse for and what really happened. When you have Skaife, Murphy, Ingall various drivers and team managers all agreeing the leniency of the penalty was wrong, it must tell you something. Particularly since Bargs said that punting off the title contenders would be dealt with harshly.
I'm going to nominate you to be drivers observer at Sydney. With your unbiased powers of telepathy enabling you to pass judgment without seeing the incident, you could do it from anywhere!!

Nothing in the move by Whincup on Frosty. Good racing.

Good job 888, Scotty Mac and Frosty!!
Old 22 Nov 2015, 06:32 (Ref:3592331)   #115
Micklegend
Veteran

Australia
Canberra
Micklegend should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMicklegend should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Interesting the commentators talking about the resurgence of 888, seems to coincide with Mosterts exit from the championship. No doubt they improved from their earlier form but there can't be enough said for having two cars up the front in this competition.

One would think that the Volvo may have faired better if there was comparable data, same can be said for DJRTP this year. Clearly the performance at PRA has dropped off since Chaz has not been there.

Championship wise, I'd suggest that GC pit stop is really haunting PRA now with the unnecessary points loss in the pits.

Good to see Frosty acknowledge the move as a good one, line ball really but he didn't cover early enough in my opinion.

Here's to a good end to the championship....and hopefully a win to Frosty.
Old 22 Nov 2015, 06:46 (Ref:3592335)   #116
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Looking at the Teams Championship points, unless Mr Owen can have a strong run, PRA are going to lose it for sure.

Not certain how I think the Drivers Championship will turn out. It's Winterbottom's to lose. He will have to absolutely dominate in Sydney, Triple Eight are looking deadly right now.
Old 22 Nov 2015, 07:07 (Ref:3592338)   #117
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umai Naa View Post
Looking at the Teams Championship points, unless Mr Owen can have a strong run, PRA are going to lose it for sure.

Not certain how I think the Drivers Championship will turn out. It's Winterbottom's to lose. He will have to absolutely dominate in Sydney, Triple Eight are looking deadly right now.
What's the points difference 1st to 2nd to 3rd etc

Without understanding, tome 179 points with 1 round to go sounds fairly decent?

Just saw a clip where Ingall says that Lowdnes is favourite???
Old 22 Nov 2015, 07:59 (Ref:3592345)   #118
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umai Naa View Post

There was chat after Bathurst that PRA were looking at putting Mr Reynolds into #6... then the Bottle O sponsorship needed salvaging, the driver was in the top 3 and a challenger, and he announced he was leaving... and it hasn't happened...

...yet...
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 22 Nov 2015, 09:17 (Ref:3592359)   #119
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
been at the track all day, not a bad day, No issues with the JW/frosty incident. Good pass. History shows if it was the other way round J Dub and Roland would have been going off there nut though, think Dandenong corner at sandown a few years back.

Caruso copped an 80 point penalty today for spinning a wheel in the pits, Compare that a paltry 25 point penalty (really only 20 after you count the spot gained) for turning a guy around at high speed. As for racing room, meters of room to sVG's left, he had plenty
Old 22 Nov 2015, 10:34 (Ref:3592373)   #120
craig1
Racer

craig1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Great point about the Sandown incident.

Ultimately I recon they were all primed up for Frosty to have his say post race. Pro move to down play it and pull the rug out from under them. Keep it classy Frosty.

On the Giz thing, Bargs states that he got off it initially. Sort of looked like that from the bumper cam but he certainly got back on it and kept the boot in to turn DR around.
Old 22 Nov 2015, 11:23 (Ref:3592379)   #121
Mixer
Veteran

Dave had to be turning left to squeeze Giz though, this is I am sure what Bargs found.
Old 22 Nov 2015, 13:09 (Ref:3592399)   #122
sizzle
Veteran

Australia
Darwin
sizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post
been at the track all day, not a bad day, No issues with the JW/frosty incident. Good pass. History shows if it was the other way round J Dub and Roland would have been going off there nut though, think Dandenong corner at sandown a few years back.

Caruso copped an 80 point penalty today for spinning a wheel in the pits, Compare that a paltry 25 point penalty (really only 20 after you count the spot gained) for turning a guy around at high speed. As for racing room, meters of room to sVG's left, he had plenty

Stop it Pecky. I hate to say I agree with you.
Old 22 Nov 2015, 20:31 (Ref:3592463)   #123
mayhem
Veteran

Aruba
On that Island in LOST.
mayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by D.R.T. View Post

Just saw a clip where Ingall says that Lowdnes is favourite???
Dear God I wish Ingall was a bookie.
Old 22 Nov 2015, 20:41 (Ref:3592465)   #124
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Dave had to be turning left to squeeze Giz though, this is I am sure what Bargs found.
That what happens after you get punted of the racing line, you try to get back onto it

And didnt the track veer left anyway

Still lots of room to SVG lefts. He had heaps of racing room
Old 22 Nov 2015, 22:12 (Ref:3592483)   #125
Mixer
Veteran

Racing room on the grass you mean.