Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 23 Dec 2012, 18:03 (Ref:3181407)   #1
Canada ALMS fan
Veteran

Canada
Calgary, Canada
Canada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCanada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCanada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
[Video] Top 15 overtakes of 2012

This video gave me goosebumps. Any questions why Kimi and Alonso are two of my favourites???
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6IVvlXfvfOc
I bet this video goes viral, great commercial for F1 IMO.
Old 23 Dec 2012, 19:00 (Ref:3181416)   #2
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Nice one. Aka presumably as 'Comin' through.......!!'
Old 23 Dec 2012, 20:29 (Ref:3181442)   #3
fourWheelDrift
Veteran

United Kingdom
fourWheelDrift should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfourWheelDrift should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfourWheelDrift should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfourWheelDrift should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canada ALMS fan View Post
This video gave me goosebumps. Any questions why Kimi and Alonso are two of my favourites???
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6IVvlXfvfOc
I bet this video goes viral, great commercial for F1 IMO.
I saw this thread title and stifle a yawn thinking it was another debate about our personal top somethings. But I'm glad I looked at it, a great little compilation, but how long before the FAI get it taken down.
Old 23 Dec 2012, 20:53 (Ref:3181447)   #4
Canada ALMS fan
Veteran

Canada
Calgary, Canada
Canada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCanada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCanada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Maybe the thread title could be modified to add the word video?
Old 23 Dec 2012, 21:33 (Ref:3181458)   #5
p-matt
Veteran

p-matt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Some great overtakes in there, several of which I had forgotten.

But where was the Hulk's pass on both Hamilton and Grosjean in Korea?
Old 25 Dec 2012, 08:43 (Ref:3181794)   #6
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Thanks for posting that. Good to be reminded of some of those. I wouldn't personally have put that Massa move at number 1. It was one of the hairiest but only just executed in the end. I thought Alonso's on Webber in Abu Dhabi should have been placed higher. That Hamilton and Alonso Silverstone battle was nice, the whole thing really, between both of them.
Old 25 Dec 2012, 09:40 (Ref:3181805)   #7
nrostedt
Rookie

Finland
nrostedt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The weird thing about Kimi is that he really likes to use the outside line.
(And I know it`s not the only weird thing)
Old 25 Dec 2012, 14:40 (Ref:3181841)   #8
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I love those "Top ..." by the end of the season, great shots and controversial to discuss.
Old 26 Dec 2012, 15:12 (Ref:3181988)   #9
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Definitely.

Alonso had perfected that move on Grosjean. Romain should have been warned by his race engineer. Actually, it surprised me more drivers didn't think it'd be better to defend the outside of Turn 1, given the way it leads into Turn 2. That was like taking candy from a baby for Fernando.
Old 26 Dec 2012, 20:39 (Ref:3182051)   #10
Mr Pink
Veteran

Sweden
Sweden
Mr Pink should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Nice video! Personally I would have put Kimis Eau Rouge move as number one though.
Old 26 Dec 2012, 21:45 (Ref:3182070)   #11
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Nice though it was, I don't think it was that amazing. He had a clear line on the left. Webber's was more challenging.
Old 26 Dec 2012, 22:41 (Ref:3182083)   #12
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by p-matt View Post
Some great overtakes in there, several of which I had forgotten.

But where was the Hulk's pass on both Hamilton and Grosjean in Korea?
The Sky Sports F1 show mentioned this one, but Hulk had all 4 wheels off the circuit when he made the pass. (which then led onto the "why wasn't he penalised like Vettel was in Germany, no consistancy debate!)
Old 27 Dec 2012, 00:05 (Ref:3182101)   #13
morningview66
Racer

morningview66 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmorningview66 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by nrostedt View Post
The weird thing about Kimi is that he really likes to use the outside line.
(And I know it`s not the only weird thing)
Definetly a big fan of kimi's style, he might not be the most aggressive but you dont see him crash, (Suzuka aside, which was at least 50% Alonso) a very clean racer (he jumped out from behind Vettel in Brazil to avoid repeating how he hit Sutil at Monaco in 08 haha).

On the subject i think they should have included this move on Hulkenberg in the USA.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rjDDraxUC1U
Old 27 Dec 2012, 06:10 (Ref:3182138)   #14
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
The great thing is that we're actually discussing a significant number of great overtaking moves - after so many seasons of trying to spot one that didn't happen in the pits..........
Old 27 Dec 2012, 10:21 (Ref:3182178)   #15
Mr Pink
Veteran

Sweden
Sweden
Mr Pink should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Born Racer View Post
Nice though it was, I don't think it was that amazing. He had a clear line on the left. Webber's was more challenging.
Maybe so, I just remember when it happened it made me think of what an incredibly smart racing driver Kimi is, avoiding the DRS-zone comeback and everything.
Old 27 Dec 2012, 12:21 (Ref:3182191)   #16
morningview66
Racer

morningview66 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmorningview66 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Pink View Post
Maybe so, I just remember when it happened it made me think of what an incredibly smart racing driver Kimi is, avoiding the DRS-zone comeback and everything.
Without trying to sound like a massive kimi fan-boy (as i keep posting about him haha).

I think that was the better bit was the move in context, his DRS wasnt good enough to get him past schumacher up the straight into les combes. If he got past at the bus stop schumacher, schuy maintais speed and passes him back at les combes.

He passed schumacher at pretty much the only place on the track he could as doing it through eau rouge forced schuy to back out of the throttle and loose speed along the straight to les combes and put enough distance between himself and schumacher there.

Very clever indeed.

This video demonstrates it all if you can be bothered to watch it (bit long)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rHVXXWLr29M