Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Indycar Series

Old 10 Jan 2009, 12:58 (Ref:2368836)   #1
F3L
Racer

F3L has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
NHL driver choice

Our expectation is to win the championship," said Lanigan in an interview with the official IndyCar website.

I wish Lanigan & Haas well but if they really want to win they surely have made a mistake picking Rahal over Wilson.
Old 11 Jan 2009, 16:52 (Ref:2369451)   #2
indycool
Veteran

indycool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridindycool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I suspect that they're waiting on a second car to see what happens to Bourdais.
Old 12 Jan 2009, 11:30 (Ref:2369862)   #3
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Even Bourdais would be a gamble, as they have no way of knowing how good he'd be on ovals. Wilson was the quicker driver by the end of last year, despite having more to 'unlearn' from the ChampCars than Graham, so I wonder if commercial considerations have dictated this choice.
Old 12 Jan 2009, 15:38 (Ref:2369980)   #4
indycool
Veteran

indycool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridindycool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
http://auto-racing.speedtv.com/artic...k-says-miller/
Old 12 Jan 2009, 16:47 (Ref:2370028)   #5
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Bourdais has oval experience and has shown well on them. He'd be a good bet IMO, although I hope he retains his F1 seat as he deserves it.
Old 13 Jan 2009, 05:06 (Ref:2370368)   #6
Peter Ford
Racer

Australia
Adelaide, south Australia
Peter Ford should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hmm,penske got some good drivers on their list of replacements,what sponsor will NHL have with rahal--mcdonalds?.
Old 13 Jan 2009, 20:19 (Ref:2370864)   #7
Teretonga
Veteran

Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!
Power has the Penske drive until Helio's case is settled....
So it is not forever.
they are not abandoning Helio but it gives them a chance to work with power to see how good he fits within the Penske organisation...

Bourdais and Wilson remain available to NHL. I would like to see Bourdais get another crack at F1.
Bourdais has sucessfully worked with NHL before so any deal that would get one or both back in a seat here would be fantastic.
Old 13 Jan 2009, 22:23 (Ref:2370947)   #8
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I suspect if helio pleads guilty and DOESN'T do time, then the US government stands a good chance of revoking his permit to live and work here. He'll have to go home and stay there.
Old 16 Jan 2009, 14:04 (Ref:2372729)   #9
F3L
Racer

F3L has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Seems we have a delay with the Doornbos signing...sponsors I expect or are they awaiting Bourdais to see if he is available.
Old 16 Jan 2009, 14:40 (Ref:2372754)   #10
Flyin Ryan
Veteran

United States
Carolina del Norte
Flyin Ryan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by F3L
Seems we have a delay with the Doornbos signing...sponsors I expect or are they awaiting Bourdais to see if he is available.
I think Newman-Haas are waiting to see if they can get Bourdais if he does not get anything in F1. If Bourdais gets anything, they have Doornbos lined up. The fact that Doornbos is willingly waiting has to annoy HVM.

I personally expect Sebastien Bourdais to run for Newman-Haas next year with the Mi-Jack colors.