Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 17 Aug 2010, 21:12 (Ref:2746261)   #1
I Rosputnik
Veteran

United Kingdom
Livingston, Scotland
I Rosputnik should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridI Rosputnik should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Morgan Eva GT

So anyone think we could see this in sportscars in some shape or form?

Maybe it might go to LMGT and race in Le Mans, go for the FIA GT1 title or try the forthcomming FIA GT2 series. Either way it would still look bad ass either way.
Old 17 Aug 2010, 21:27 (Ref:2746267)   #2
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
If it stays that long in the front it screams GT1, but is a twin-turbo'd 6 enough to keep up if they were allowed in the series? Would be nice to see them in GT2 so they might come over for Sebring or PLM but a 2+2 seems a bit big for a GT2 car.
Old 17 Aug 2010, 21:31 (Ref:2746268)   #3
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Well this one is built of the proper stuff to be legal in GT-2 now. May need a different power plant to be competitive though, as it states a 3L I-6 turbo. It is a very good looking car and would be great as an addition to GT!

L.P.
Old 18 Aug 2010, 08:11 (Ref:2746447)   #4
KA
Veteran

KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
If it stays that long in the front it screams GT1, but is a twin-turbo'd 6 enough to keep up if they were allowed in the series? Would be nice to see them in GT2 so they might come over for Sebring or PLM but a 2+2 seems a bit big for a GT2 car.
4.7m long, 1.8m wide, 1.2m height and 1250kg according to Autocar
http://www.autocar.co.uk/News/NewsAr...llCars/251896/
so that makes it about the same size as a Corvette (a foot or so longer, but height and width pretty much similar), using these figures as a comparison
http://www.corvettemuseum.com/specs/2005/specs.shtml

I guess the big question is whether Morgan or any of their customers (Eric Sturdza's name comes to mind here....) have the will and the money to develop a GT2 version and go racing. The Aero 8 at Le Mans a few years ago was a pretty low-budget effort,and the GT3 cars have fallen off the radar this season for some reason, despite winning races last year
http://www.dieselstation.com/pics/Mo...r-pictures.jpg
Old 25 Aug 2010, 23:44 (Ref:2750283)   #5
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Ahh, now here is the Morgan to base a new GTE/GT chassis on, proper chassis material, 4.8L V8, its got the right kit!

L.P.
Old 26 Aug 2010, 03:27 (Ref:2750355)   #6
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by HORNDAWG View Post
Ahh, now here is the Morgan to base a new GTE/GT chassis on, proper chassis material, 4.8L V8, its got the right kit!

L.P.
Oh yeah! I think thats a better candidate for a racer, plus it actually looks like a Morgan should .
Quote:
Modern Morgans have their dynamics underpinned by the company's extensive - and successful - experience in GT racing; one of the Supersports roles was actually to homologate a more aerodynamically efficient body shape to help the competition effort.
Hmmmm........
Old 26 Aug 2010, 04:34 (Ref:2750368)   #7
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
As the son of an Brit sportscar nut, I have always thought (the true) Morgans were good looking cars but dear God, that Eva GT is SEXY. Even though it isn't "standard Morgan", I think it is fabulous looking; absolutely fabulous.

That ain't your daddy's Morgan, right?