Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 7 Nov 2016, 23:56 (Ref:3686349)   #4951
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
If Toyota can get a third car for LM next year and get more performance out of their current car, the odds will be stacked against Porsche. Even more so, as a SC365 article says that a third Porsche for LM next year probably won't happen.
Old 8 Nov 2016, 00:26 (Ref:3686354)   #4952
Articus
Veteran

Articus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I caught on the Shanghai Broadcast, that Hindy was saying that Toyota was preparing a third car not just for Le Mans, but also for every race up until Le Mans. Silverstone included. Any truth to that?
Old 8 Nov 2016, 02:19 (Ref:3686379)   #4953
roderick
Racer

Japan
roderick should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridroderick should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Dont ask how I know or proof but here is what I know.
1, Third car for Toyota is still in decision stage due to audi leaving. (although budget for next year has been decided. Which means, 3 cars with less performance, or 2 cars with great performance)
2, FIA is trying to get new manufacture to join for 2018. possible candidate so far is Peugeot
3, If Toyota do take part with 3 cars, they will race 3 cars for beginning of season races up till Le mans

Most of decision will be made after the end of season race at Bahrain
Old 8 Nov 2016, 05:22 (Ref:3686407)   #4954
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Endurance info has most of that same information on their latest from Toyota. Nothing on the budget being decided or what races a third car will run though.

If there is a third car, I think regarding the latest from autosport on Lopez, that Sarrazin will stay on in a third car with Hirakawa and maybe Derani.
Old 11 Nov 2016, 18:47 (Ref:3687235)   #4955
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Specutainment tweeted earlier today that Toyota will run 3 cars in the first 3 races of 2017. Seems the source is dsc. If true this is tremendously good news!
Old 11 Nov 2016, 18:47 (Ref:3687236)   #4956
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
Midweek Motorsports twitter seems to confirm that TMG will run three cars next season, not just at LM, but the first three rounds of next season.
Old 11 Nov 2016, 22:43 (Ref:3687282)   #4957
hondafan37
Veteran

Argentina
Buenos Aires, Argentine
hondafan37 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridhondafan37 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
Specutainment tweeted earlier today that Toyota will run 3 cars in the first 3 races of 2017. Seems the source is dsc. If true this is tremendously good news!
Very good news!!!
It's good to see Pechito Lopez driving one of the Toyota
Old 12 Nov 2016, 07:00 (Ref:3687371)   #4958
TF110
Veteran

United States
So who would pilot the third car? I think Hirakawa is definitely in one of the three seats. Will Sarrazin stay on, or will they pick up an Audi driver or two? Perhaps someone who has already tested their TS040? I think I'd go with Hirakawa, Lotterer and Sarrazin, if he doesn't get left out completely.
Old 12 Nov 2016, 09:29 (Ref:3687385)   #4959
Hawkwood
Veteran

United Kingdom
Warrington
Hawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Autosport states Sarrazin would stay on in a third car.

Am I alone in still hoping Beche gets a drive here?
I know, Audi drivers etc, but still...
Old 12 Nov 2016, 12:25 (Ref:3687406)   #4960
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkwood View Post
Autosport states Sarrazin would stay on in a third car.

Am I alone in still hoping Beche gets a drive here?
I know, Audi drivers etc, but still...
Beche is a fine shout and would be my pick otherwise (although I would be surprised if he settled in quite as well and quickly as Jani did at Porsche), but it would be very hard to ignore up to six hybrid-experienced factory drivers, including the most highly regarded driver in the field.
Old 12 Nov 2016, 12:34 (Ref:3687407)   #4961
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chernaudi View Post
Midweek Motorsports twitter seems to confirm that TMG will run three cars next season, not just at LM, but the first three rounds of next season.
Finally! Great news.
Old 12 Nov 2016, 13:04 (Ref:3687413)   #4962
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I'd put Beche, Dernai and Lotterrer in that car. Won't happen, but what a car that would be.
Old 12 Nov 2016, 14:11 (Ref:3687432)   #4963
Articus
Veteran

Articus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
I'd put Beche, Dernai and Lotterrer in that car. Won't happen, but what a car that would be.
I'd put Danny Watts, DErani, Lotterer in. Danny watts needs his big break. He is dynamite in an LMP. Hasn't had a proper ride in a while.
Old 12 Nov 2016, 15:00 (Ref:3687436)   #4964
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Watts is a good call. There's also a man called Brundle who wouldn't be a bad call. And a Rast.

In fact, there's bloody loads of people Toyota will be on the phone to right now.
Old 12 Nov 2016, 15:39 (Ref:3687447)   #4965
Articus
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
Watts is a good call. There's also a man called Brundle who wouldn't be a bad call. And a Rast.

In fact, there's bloody loads of people Toyota will be on the phone to right now.
Thats for certain!
Old 12 Nov 2016, 20:14 (Ref:3687498)   #4966
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!
My guess is Sarrazin-Derani-Hirakawa.
Old 13 Nov 2016, 01:05 (Ref:3687520)   #4967
TF110
Veteran

United States
I don't know if Derani would be a good choice over someone like Lotterer or Duval who are both more experienced. I think Hirakawa is going to be in the car for certain because it fits Toyota's philosophy of getting a Japanese driver in each car, plus he has already tested the TS050 iirc. That's on top of being a Toyota backed driver. So if Sarrazin stays on, there's only one seat left.
Old 13 Nov 2016, 01:56 (Ref:3687528)   #4968
Articus
Veteran

Quote:
I don't know if Derani would be a good choice over someone like Lotterer or Duval who are both more experienced. I think Hirakawa is going to be in the car for certain because it fits Toyota's philosophy of getting a Japanese driver in each car, plus he has already tested the TS050 iirc. That's on top of being a Toyota backed driver. So if Sarrazin stays on, there's only one seat left.
I think when you have 3 cars, you get the luxury to test out a guy like Derani. It could pay off big time. Sort of the way Nick Tandy did at Porsche.
Old 13 Nov 2016, 08:48 (Ref:3687569)   #4969
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!
Courtesy of Japanese Samurai, we know that Andre Lotterer definitely won't be in a TS050 next year.

I was looking forward to seeing Andre in a Toyota LMP, but there is still a big bunch of quick young drivers that have impressed in LMP2 who would be fine picks to join the likely (confirmed?) pair of Sarrazin & Hirakawa in the third car.
Old 13 Nov 2016, 23:10 (Ref:3687843)   #4970
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!
Quote:
I don't know if Derani would be a good choice over someone like Lotterer or Duval who are both more experienced
I'm not saying that is my dream team (I would pick Lotterer any day), just what I think will happen.

My dream team would be Lotterer-Jani-Brundle, but in a Porsche and not a Toyota
Old 14 Nov 2016, 01:38 (Ref:3687873)   #4971
roderick
Racer

Japan
roderick should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridroderick should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chernaudi View Post
I'm not too sure if this is any confirmation of No of cars.
TMG had always planned 3 car calender to be sure. But toyota hasn't made their decision on 3 cars yet!
Old 14 Nov 2016, 02:18 (Ref:3687878)   #4972
TF110
Veteran

United States
I don't know where Lotterer fits in the Porsche camp. There seems no indication of a third car and the new full-time drivers are supposed to be from inside their current crop. He's too good to be left hanging though, so I guess Porsche might make room for him. If Toyota can't get him, they should look to Duval.
Old 14 Nov 2016, 03:25 (Ref:3687889)   #4973
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
Duval makes about as much sense as Lotterer to Porsche aside from the fact that Audi and Porsche are part of Volkwagen Group. Duval has no ties to Toyota, as he raced for Honda in Super GT, and Audi and Peugeot in LMP1.

Probably only way TMG get Lotterer is if he gets a full season ride, which is unlikely.
Old 14 Nov 2016, 06:48 (Ref:3687898)   #4974
TF110
Veteran

United States
Duval raced alongside Kazuki Nakajima in Super GT before. The last time he was in Super Formula (in 2014), he ran a Toyota. I doubt anything Audi has interests him, unless he likes GT3. He already has a seat in Formula E (that's not Audi) and it's not likely Porsche would take him, especially if they don't try to get Lotterer. I think he'll either sit out or maybe get a chance to test for Toyota at least.
Old 14 Nov 2016, 06:59 (Ref:3687899)   #4975
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
I would be surprised if Duval (and Di Grassi) stuck to FE and didn't take on anything else. The clashes probably rule out a full-season commitment to anybody in the WEC, but like Lotterer they are too good (if not quite as good as Andre) to be left alone.