Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 4 May 2012, 11:19 (Ref:3069270)   #26
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I suppose they can leak test the new pit garages...
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 4 May 2012, 11:41 (Ref:3069279)   #27
Sandgroper
Veteran

Australia
Perth WA (south of the river)
Sandgroper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
I suppose they can leak test the new pit garages...
that would have been today !

rained on and off most of the day
Old 4 May 2012, 23:21 (Ref:3069523)   #28
sizzle
Veteran

Australia
Darwin
sizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Average Punter View Post
I'll be fascinated to hear what all the fans who sit on the hill think, now that their view is not of the start line, but the back of the pit buildings............
I haven't been here for over 30 years but from my memory the view of the last corner and the straight has certainly changed AP but you can still see most of the action. The pits are obviously out of sight and the big screens could be better placed. But what the hell it is still better than most tracks.

Sat has dawned and at least here South of Perth it is dissing down. Although the radar says it is not bad up around Wanneroo, but it said that yesterday as well. I am starting to think I am a drought breaker. The only place I have been to lately that it hasnt poured with rain is home in Darwin and Townsville. Oran park was the coldest and wettest I have ever been although Homebush last year approached it.
Old 5 May 2012, 07:30 (Ref:3069593)   #29
STEALTHY
Veteran

Australia
SA - The Custom Plate State
STEALTHY should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Have to laugh that FPR are back to their old selves.

Reynolds taking out his teammate in a move that wasnt there. Maybe it wasn't dumbrell being a crap driver all those years, it was just the car (specifically sandown)

Also lol @ frosty saying tander was trying to take his door off (again). Frostys memory must be short, he almost drove a couple of cars off the road at Tas (actually turning the wheel to the left on a righthand turn is surely against the rules).
Old 5 May 2012, 08:07 (Ref:3069601)   #30
Bugger All
Racer

Australia
32 DME to the west Left Fl 210
Bugger All should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Was that fire vehicle bogged???

Watched the 7 coverage and was a bit curious. When GT had all of his problems it seemed there was a fire vehicle that should have been helping him was bogged in the sand trap in the background? Later on it seemed they were pushing it out? Come on did it really get bogged?
Old 5 May 2012, 08:13 (Ref:3069603)   #31
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Agree, it was a bit of a silly move on Reynolds' part. He would've had Tander within a lap anyways.

The kid needs to learn to be patiant.
Old 5 May 2012, 08:48 (Ref:3069611)   #32
TSR
Veteran

Australia
Sutherland Shire
TSR has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Watch the front on clip and DR only hit GT after he was already spinning, but the red eyed ch7 comm team blamed DR.
There was that much room between DR & GT that two people could of walked through.
2015 V8Supercar Champion #5 PDA Mark Frosty Winterbottom
To Finish First, First you must Finish
Old 5 May 2012, 08:53 (Ref:3069614)   #33
bluesport
Veteran

Australia
bluesport User had had their licence endorsedbluesport User had had their licence endorsed
Tander must be having "brain fade" for his antics today.
Old 5 May 2012, 09:07 (Ref:3069618)   #34
xrystl
Racer

Pitcairn Islands
gold coast
xrystl should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesport View Post
Tander must be having "brain fade" for his antics today.
I agree , coming down the back straight he was continually into the side of Winterbottom , don't know what he was thinking or game he was playing but IMHO the whole incident was his doing and he deserved the end result (just a pity he took out a few of the leaders) - his overdriving of the car seems to be a major problem again .
Old 5 May 2012, 09:07 (Ref:3069620)   #35
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
If there's anything Tander can take away from today is that he came into contact with all 3 FPR cars within the space of 5 minutes.
Old 5 May 2012, 09:23 (Ref:3069625)   #36
bluesport
Veteran

Australia
bluesport User had had their licence endorsedbluesport User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umai Naa View Post
If there's anything Tander can take away from today is that he came into contact with all 3 FPR cars within the space of 5 minutes.
Don't forget he hit Frosty on the grid before the race too........he's fine form, anybody could be forgiven for thinking it's all a plot!
Old 5 May 2012, 09:27 (Ref:3069627)   #37
STEALTHY
Veteran

Australia
Good to see the ford fanboys in fine form.

Frosty cleary hit him first, and Tander gave him one back. And rightly so.

If theres any conspiracies, i'd put money on that the 2 FPR cars not leading the champioship took out the 1 leading (Reynolds even said he wanted to taste the success, what better way than to take out the guy leading)
Old 5 May 2012, 09:31 (Ref:3069628)   #38
TSR
Veteran

Australia
Sutherland Shire
Quote:
Originally Posted by STEALTHY View Post
Good to see the ford fanboys in fine form.

Frosty cleary hit him first, and Tander gave him one back. And rightly so.

If theres any conspiracies, i'd put money on that the 2 FPR cars not leading the champioship took out the 1 leading (Reynolds even said he wanted to taste the success, what better way than to take out the guy leading)
Take the RED glass off stealthy
Old 5 May 2012, 09:32 (Ref:3069631)   #39
STEALTHY
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by TSR View Post
Take the RED glass off stealthy
I dont wear coloured glasses, which is what makes my opinions fairer than the fanboys
Old 5 May 2012, 09:33 (Ref:3069632)   #40
bluesport
Veteran

Australia
You're kidding yourself mate, Tander was clearly at fault........brain fade for sure.
Old 5 May 2012, 09:36 (Ref:3069635)   #41
STEALTHY
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
You're kidding yourself mate, Tander was clearly at fault........brain fade for sure.
Frosty has made it clear thats how he's going to drive this year (He did it with Van Giz, and with whincup, and now tander), by trying to muscle out the other cars. Hopefully he tries it on with Ingall, or courtney, who will have no problems about serving it back
Old 5 May 2012, 09:39 (Ref:3069636)   #42
bluesport
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Frosty has made it clear thats how he's going to drive this year (He did it with his teammate, and with whincup, and now tander), by trying to muscle out the other cars. Hopefully he tries it on with Ingall, or courtney, who will have no problems about serving it back
You are in your usual form........always wrong and never admit it.
Old 5 May 2012, 09:41 (Ref:3069637)   #43
STEALTHY
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
You are in your usual form........always wrong and never admit it.
Feel free to look at the footage if you think i'm wrong. The vision does not lie!
Old 5 May 2012, 09:48 (Ref:3069645)   #44
TSR
Veteran

Australia
Sutherland Shire
Quote:
Feel free to look at the footage if you think i'm wrong. The vision does not lie!
And DR DID NOT spin GT he did it himself, pus after hit Frosty door on the grid he hit Frosty first on the back straight
Old 5 May 2012, 09:54 (Ref:3069653)   #45
STEALTHY
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
And DR DID NOT spin GT he did it himself, pus after hit Frosty door on the grid he hit Frosty first on the back straight
If you are saying that GT was going to spin a whole 180 then you must be retarded. He was sideways, and may have lost a place, but Reynolds hit him and pushed him around. No ifs or buts! Thats just how physics works...

I'm still waiting for the race to DL, but from what i saw on the telecast, Frosty moved left (right on the screen) and hit tander, and thats when tander gave it back.
Old 5 May 2012, 10:06 (Ref:3069663)   #46
bluesport
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
If you are saying that GT was going to spin a whole 180 then you must be retarded. He was sideways, and may have lost a place, but Reynolds hit him and pushed him around. No ifs or buts! Thats just how physics works...

I'm still waiting for the race to DL, but from what i saw on the telecast, Frosty moved left (right on the screen) and hit tander, and thats when tander gave it back.
Frosty moved left to get slightly better line into the corner, then GT moved right and crunched him to force him back, probably hoping for the criss-cross on exit.........didn't work, all GTs fault, he looks like a fool.
Old 5 May 2012, 10:09 (Ref:3069666)   #47
STEALTHY
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Frosty moved left to get slightly better line into the corner, then GT moved right and crunched him to force him back, probably hoping for the criss-cross on exit.........didn't work, all GTs fault, he looks like a fool.
I'm sorry you feel that way, but you cant just push someone over because you chose the inside line.

There was two touches, the first was frosty, the second was tander giving it back. I'm thinking you didn't see the first touch (or are choosing to forget it)...
Old 5 May 2012, 10:24 (Ref:3069676)   #48
TSR
Veteran

Australia
Sutherland Shire
Quote:
I'm sorry you feel that way, but you cant just push someone over because you chose the inside line.

There was two touches, the first was frosty, the second was tander giving it back. I'm thinking you didn't see the first touch (or are choosing to forget it)...
Well ur hero Tander will go down as the first to hit and take the door off a car before the race start
Old 5 May 2012, 10:25 (Ref:3069677)   #49
STEALTHY
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Well ur hero Tander will go down as the first to hit and take the door off a car before the race start
All that proves is that the FPR mechanics are still making simple mistakes. Business as usual.
Old 5 May 2012, 10:25 (Ref:3069678)   #50
bluesport
Veteran

Australia
Quote:

Two touches, both from Tander. The first touch didn't work so he crunched Frosty a second time.