Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 4 Oct 2014, 18:44 (Ref:3460358)   #26
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradise City View Post
I don't like Vettel. Still don't. But I like this move to Ferrari. Interesting to see whether he'll make something of them.
Because ?
Old 4 Oct 2014, 18:51 (Ref:3460368)   #27
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremySmith View Post
Because ?
What do you want to know?
Old 4 Oct 2014, 18:53 (Ref:3460369)   #28
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
You don't like him because he was cruising ?
Old 4 Oct 2014, 19:22 (Ref:3460385)   #29
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
Quote:
You don't like him because he was cruising ?
No, I don't like him because of his demeanor. His conduct are after he broke his agreement with Webber for example.
Old 4 Oct 2014, 19:28 (Ref:3460391)   #30
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
Yes he learnt from Michael Schumacher .....
Old 4 Oct 2014, 21:35 (Ref:3460508)   #31
ljakse
Veteran

Serbia
Belgrade, Serbia
ljakse should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridljakse should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I find it amusing that it's official that Vettel is leaving Red Bull, and neither him or Ferrari would say a word about him going there, but everybody consideres it a done deal.
I'd really like to know why is that.
Old 4 Oct 2014, 22:36 (Ref:3460529)   #32
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Quote:
Yes he learnt from Michael Schumacher .....
No, it's all, his own. Both Schumacher and Senna did appalling things but they where nevertheless compelling people. Whether they where likable nor moral is debatable but they where compelling nevertheless.

The impression I get from Vettel is that he's some sort of disinterested hoddie type. I take onboard he's a top driver but his demeanor completely underwhelms me. He didn't stitch up Webber in a way that suggested ruthlessness, he came across as juvenile.

But in some mitigation, I like the way he's tackling Ricciardio. Instead of staying deflated, he's pulled up his sleeves, got stuck in and is clawing some of that disadvantage back. That interests me. That kind of resilience interested me with Schumacher and Senna. If Ferrari truly is his destination, than he's going to be tested on all metrics - including politically given the volcanic political atmosphere that can prevail there.
Old 4 Oct 2014, 23:30 (Ref:3460564)   #33
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by ljakse View Post
I find it amusing that it's official that Vettel is leaving Red Bull, and neither him or Ferrari would say a word about him going there, but everybody consideres it a done deal.
I'd really like to know why is that.
Because Christian Horner mentioned it to the press when interviewed about Mr Vettel leaving the RBR squad..

Wonder if Mr Vettel will keep some form of Red Bull backing when he moves across, like Mr Webber did...
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 4 Oct 2014, 23:47 (Ref:3460566)   #34
Tucky
Racer

United Kingdom
Brighton
Tucky should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTucky should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTucky should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Red Bull won't give him any backing since he's moving to a competitor. Webber moved to another racing series not competing with RB so him and DC are both still close with the RB team and will have access to the team, be it for interviews or promos.
Old 5 Oct 2014, 02:28 (Ref:3460623)   #35
Nicholosophy
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Nicholosophy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridNicholosophy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridNicholosophy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tucky View Post
Red Bull won't give him any backing since he's moving to a competitor. Webber moved to another racing series not competing with RB so him and DC are both still close with the RB team and will have access to the team, be it for interviews or promos.
I have a feeling that GTR was taking the ****.
Old 5 Oct 2014, 05:01 (Ref:3460639)   #36
dsg
Veteran

Thailand
Chonburi
dsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by p-matt View Post
Vergne is dead to Red Bull now. I wonder if all of this happened before they signed Max and dumped JEV would Kvyat still have got the Red Bull seat? I suspect not somehow.
I think Vergne is just unlucky to come along at a time when despite being a very talented driver, the two drivers he is competing against are better. F1 is harsh.
Old 5 Oct 2014, 09:30 (Ref:3460756)   #37
p-matt
Veteran

p-matt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsg View Post
I think Vergne is just unlucky to come along at a time when despite being a very talented driver, the two drivers he is competing against are better. F1 is harsh.
I see what you're saying - JEV may never have the ultimate potential of Ricciardo, Kvyat or Verstappen, etc. But if I were Red Bull I would feel he's a relatively safe pair of hands given his experience, consistency and the fact that he ran Dan so close in the races as teammates, than a driver like Kvyat who has blown hot and cold a bit in his career and is stepping up to a multiple champion team at the age of 20 with one season's experience under his belt. If I were Red Bull, I'd maybe feel more comfortable about giving Verstappen a Red Bull seat in a year than Kvyat, such is his natural talent!
Old 5 Oct 2014, 10:11 (Ref:3460766)   #38
ljakse
Veteran

Serbia
Belgrade, Serbia
ljakse should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridljakse should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
Because Christian Horner mentioned it to the press when interviewed about Mr Vettel leaving the RBR squad..
I know he did, but, if he knows it for sure (at least he is sure enough he will not look silly later on), that means Vettel told him.
And, if Vettel told him, that should mean he could told the press as well.

I mean, what I don't understand is, if Vettel is sure enough to quit Red Bull, what is it that's stopping him to tell everybody where he's going??
Old 5 Oct 2014, 10:45 (Ref:3460776)   #39
wolfhound
Veteran

Ireland
wolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ljakse View Post
I know he did, but, if he knows it for sure (at least he is sure enough he will not look silly later on), that means Vettel told him.
And, if Vettel told him, that should mean he could told the press as well.

I mean, what I don't understand is, if Vettel is sure enough to quit Red Bull, what is it that's stopping him to tell everybody where he's going??
I suspect its where he is going the hold up is you know how it is with Italian teams.
Old 5 Oct 2014, 10:59 (Ref:3460779)   #40
kiwi20
Racer

New Zealand
kiwi20 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Reports suggest JEV didnt work hard enough off track. So Red Bull dropped him.
Heard that on SKYF1 coverage yesterday
Old 5 Oct 2014, 11:49 (Ref:3460789)   #41
Redzone
Racer

Australia
Queensland, Australia
Redzone should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Maybe things are not cut n dry at Ferrari regarding Raikkonen's seat which is why they have not announced their 2015 line up?
Old 5 Oct 2014, 11:52 (Ref:3460793)   #42
JacobP
Racer

JacobP should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Vettel has nothing left to prove at Red Bull. What else does Vettel have to prove? That he can win a fifth title in an utterly dominant car? I think Vettel has realized that bigger challenges exist. If he moves to Ferrari, which is in a relatively bad shape, and helps this team to win another driver title, it will be a huge accomplishment, even if this is the only title Vettel wins again in his life. You also have to take into consideration that Vettel has been speaking about dreams of Ferrari career for a while, years. The only issue was that Alonso probably didn't want Vettel at Ferrari. Once Alonso decided to leave Ferrari, that left the door open for Vettel. Vettel probably also has dreams of helping to lift up Ferrari the way Schumacher did in the 90s.
Old 5 Oct 2014, 11:55 (Ref:3460795)   #43
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redzone View Post
Maybe things are not cut n dry at Ferrari regarding Raikkonen's seat which is why they have not announced their 2015 line up?
Perhaps Ferrari are yet to finalise the separation arrangement with Mr Alonso, and cannot publicly announce until this time.

You might also imagine that Mr Vettel has a contract til 31 December, such that he is unable to announce his new location officially until after this date...
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 5 Oct 2014, 11:55 (Ref:3460796)   #44
JacobP
Racer

JacobP should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redzone View Post
Who knows? Considering that Ferrari paid Kimi a ridiculous amount of money _not_ to race in 2010, they could do it again and Kimi could again engage in another extreme sport like WRC or NASCAR.
Old 6 Oct 2014, 00:56 (Ref:3461069)   #45
Casper
Veteran

Casper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridCasper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I can't see any conformation or even intention of Alonso leaving Ferrari but the I admit to not reading F1 media widely.
Old 6 Oct 2014, 02:32 (Ref:3461087)   #46
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper View Post
I can't see any conformation or even intention of Alonso leaving Ferrari but the I admit to not reading F1 media widely.
Hey, maybe Vettel'll get this Ferrari third car Eccelstone seems to pushing for afterall.
Old 6 Oct 2014, 02:39 (Ref:3461090)   #47
Casper
Veteran

Casper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridCasper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradise City View Post
Hey, maybe Vettel'll get this Ferrari third car Eccelstone seems to pushing for afterall.
Am I correct in saying that there has been no statement from any party and it all seems to be a giant leap on the media's part saying he is leaving? The impression I get is he knows exactly what is going to happen but I am no mind reader and could be wrong in the biggest meaning of the word.

A very brave person might see Kimi gone and Vettel and Alonso at Ferrari but that would be a very big call....or would it.
Old 6 Oct 2014, 02:58 (Ref:3461095)   #48
Nicholosophy
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Nicholosophy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridNicholosophy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridNicholosophy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper View Post
Niki Lauda said in an interview with Sky that Alonso was released on Thursday. I don't think it has been announced yet but I would guess Niki is in a good position to get insider information.
Old 6 Oct 2014, 03:01 (Ref:3461097)   #49
Casper
Veteran

Just like everyone did not see the Vettel move coming on Friday. I am bored and just flying kites here as I don't generally take a lot of interest in these matters. It makes sense though, Alonso gone on Thursday, the Vettel announcement on Friday but why all the silence since if it is all cut and dried. All the media speculation seems to have been wound back as well but then they got a smack in the face from Vettel's announcement and have left the field for medical attention.

Last edited by Casper; 6 Oct 2014 at 03:09.
Old 6 Oct 2014, 03:46 (Ref:3461101)   #50
fredd1
Racer

fredd1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Vettel is a joker though, so whilst he's gone from Red Bull he could be heading anywhere?