Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Closed Thread

Old 27 Sep 2013, 08:29 (Ref:3309935)   #326
davyboy
Veteran

davyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorney View Post
So that's just £154k to find then, plus labour to fit it all and an engine. I hope he does it, I really do.
I'd love to see Lea Wood do it too, but I believe these kinds of costs are beyond the resources he can muster right now... Lea really operates on a shoestring.
Old 27 Sep 2013, 23:46 (Ref:3310273)   #327
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The 2014 BTCC F1 clashes with other Major categories

Round 1 Brands Hatch 30th March -
F1 Malaysia ... Different time zones so doesn't affect TV

Round 2 Donington Park 20th April -
F1 China ... Different time zones so doesn't affect TV
FIA WEC 6 Hours Silverstone ... Direct Head to Head TV

Round 5 Oulton Park 8th June -
F1 Canada ... Different time zones - Possible TV overlap with Race 3

Round 7 Knockhill 20th August -
F1 Belgium ... European race time - Direct head to head TV

Round 8 Rockingham 7 September -
F1 Italy ... European race Time - Direct Head to head TV

Round 10 Brands Hatch 12 October
F1 Japan ... Different time Zones so doesn't affect TV

Will race dates change to try and separate from the F1 calendar - especially the Head to heads in August and September?

This is just looking at TV, of course there are fans of both who could be trackside around the country missing out on Live coverage of F1 on the TV. Some consideration for them would be nice too.
Old 28 Sep 2013, 06:35 (Ref:3310328)   #328
TimRTC
Racer

TimRTC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The Easter weekend may also be the British GT at Oulton.
Old 28 Sep 2013, 07:19 (Ref:3310335)   #329
Biscuits In A Red Bull
Veteran

United Kingdom
Biscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBiscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimRTC View Post
The Easter weekend may also be the British GT at Oulton.
That's likely going to be a spectator problem, but I'm not sure that British GT will have live TV for the Easter Weekend...
Old 28 Sep 2013, 08:03 (Ref:3310347)   #330
kipper
Veteran

England
Leics
kipper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridkipper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biscuits In A Red Bull View Post
That's likely going to be a spectator problem, but I'm not sure that British GT will have live TV for the Easter Weekend...
Even if it does, it is likely that the GT races would take place on the Monday due to the Oulton's operating restrictions.
Old 28 Sep 2013, 13:39 (Ref:3310408)   #331
Andrew Abbott
Racer

England
Shrewsbury
Andrew Abbott should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScotsBrutesFan View Post
The 2014 BTCC F1 clashes with other Major categories
I'm more concerned about potential clashes with the WTCC and DTM calendars, which aren't published yet. It's inevitable that there are going to be several more clashes to add to that list - there simply aren't enough weekends in the year to avoid it.

Are F1 fans and BTCC fans really that similar? I, for one, do not follow single-seater racing.
Old 28 Sep 2013, 14:43 (Ref:3310419)   #332
Biscuits In A Red Bull
Veteran

United Kingdom
Biscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBiscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ooh, ooh, just remembered from Britcar @ Thruxton this year, Alyn James ("I started motorsport because rugby only needs one ball") drove a black, underdeveloped Honda Civic shell, which looked vaguely NGTC (it probably wasn't) and plenty of Team Dynamics engineers were hanging around his garage. I doubt that James will be replacing the works Hondas, but the car was run by Synchro. They were running Dave Allan until the tragic accident at Millbrook.

These guys, despite being volunteers, have BTCC experience:

http://www.btcc.net/html/team_detail.php?id=7

This may happen.

And just heard via David Addison has said that Welch Motorsport are planning to run 2 NGTC cars next season.
Old 28 Sep 2013, 16:34 (Ref:3310439)   #333
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
In fairness, Welch have been saying that thing about running 2 cars ever since they appeared in the championship.
Old 28 Sep 2013, 16:51 (Ref:3310442)   #334
medius
Veteran

England
Media Office hiding from the rain
medius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmedius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Ooh, ooh, just remembered from Britcar @ Thruxton this year, Alyn James ("I started motorsport because rugby only needs one ball") drove a black, underdeveloped Honda Civic shell, which looked vaguely NGTC (it probably wasn't) and plenty of Team Dynamics engineers were hanging around his garage. I doubt that James will be replacing the works Hondas, but the car was run by Synchro..

NGTC kit and wing, side exit exhaust, but no turbo vents on the bonnet and 5 stud wheels.

http://www.picturesports.co.uk/thrux...62F0#h63123896
Old 28 Sep 2013, 22:29 (Ref:3310532)   #335
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndySpeed View Post
I'm more concerned about potential clashes with the WTCC and DTM calendars, which aren't published yet. It's inevitable that there are going to be several more clashes to add to that list - there simply aren't enough weekends in the year to avoid it.

Are F1 fans and BTCC fans really that similar? I, for one, do not follow single-seater racing.
Do WTCC and DTM have a substantial amount of fans in the UK compared to BTCC?
Isn't that a walkover for BTCC?

Last edited by FIRE; 28 Sep 2013 at 22:36.
Old 28 Sep 2013, 22:31 (Ref:3310533)   #336
Spanner monkey
Racer

England
Norwich
Spanner monkey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Ooh, ooh, just remembered from Britcar @ Thruxton this year, Alyn James ("I started motorsport because rugby only needs one ball") drove a black, underdeveloped Honda Civic shell, which looked vaguely NGTC (it probably wasn't) and plenty of Team Dynamics engineers were hanging around his garage. I doubt that James will be replacing the works Hondas, but the car was run by Synchro. They were running Dave Allan until the tragic accident at Millbrook.

These guys, despite being volunteers, have BTCC experience:

http://www.btcc.net/html/team_detail.php?id=7

This may happen.

And just heard via David Addison has said that Welch Motorsport are planning to run 2 NGTC cars next season.
I think Dynamics only supplied parts no engineering support. This car is Group N with NGTC body work
Old 28 Sep 2013, 22:58 (Ref:3310542)   #337
thetool
Veteran

thetool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridthetool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndySpeed View Post
I'm more concerned about potential clashes with the WTCC and DTM calendars.
WTCC and especially the DTM are completely irrelevant to 99% of the people that follow the BTCC.
Old 29 Sep 2013, 07:38 (Ref:3310623)   #338
Biscuits In A Red Bull
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spanner monkey View Post
I think Dynamics only supplied parts no engineering support. This car is Group N with NGTC body work
They went into the garage and talked and jacked up the car, if that's any help.
Old 29 Sep 2013, 07:40 (Ref:3310624)   #339
Biscuits In A Red Bull
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodemo View Post
In fairness, Welch have been saying that thing about running 2 cars ever since they appeared in the championship.
They do already - Dan Welch and David Nye. Just Nye will be moving up to NGTC next season, if Welch's dreams come true (which, I have to admit, doesn't seem to happen to Dan).
Old 29 Sep 2013, 08:23 (Ref:3310632)   #340
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
They do already - Dan Welch and David Nye. Just Nye will be moving up to NGTC next season, if Welch's dreams come true (which, I have to admit, doesn't seem to happen to Dan).
That's a fair point, I forgot the Nye Focus was ran by Welch.
Old 29 Sep 2013, 20:49 (Ref:3310825)   #341
BtccLee
Veteran

BtccLee should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBtccLee should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBtccLee should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
In terms of supports and looking ahead a year (2015), I don't know if I have read this right but it may be that no matter what series becomes FIA F4, it will be a BTCC support...
Old 1 Oct 2013, 22:01 (Ref:3311679)   #342
Jiiiiiiim
Veteran

England
Devon
Jiiiiiiim should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodemo View Post
That's a fair point, I forgot the Nye Focus was ran by Welch.
Welch have started work on a 2nd Proton for 2014
Old 3 Oct 2013, 09:07 (Ref:3312186)   #343
andrewc
Veteran

andrewc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I noticed that Andy Neate has put an advert up for his Cruze this morning.

http://www.racecarsdirect.com/listin...let_cruze.html
Old 3 Oct 2013, 09:26 (Ref:3312200)   #344
EastonNeston
Veteran

EastonNeston should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I understand, from a very reputable source, that Andy Neate is experiencing some financial and contractual issues, that could put his future participation in the series in serious doubt.
Old 3 Oct 2013, 09:39 (Ref:3312206)   #345
auroan
Veteran

auroan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewc View Post
I noticed that Andy Neate has put an advert up for his Cruze this morning.

http://www.racecarsdirect.com/listin...let_cruze.html
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastonNeston View Post
I understand, from a very reputable source, that Andy Neate is experiencing some financial and contractual issues, that could put his future participation in the series in serious doubt.
I don't understand why he would put this in the advert then;

"Due the expansion of IP Tech Race Engineering BTCC programme in 2014 and the commencement of the build of two further NGTC Chevrolet Cruzes, we are offering our soon to be 5 race old Chevrolet Cruze for sale."
Old 3 Oct 2013, 10:34 (Ref:3312223)   #346
EastonNeston
Veteran

EastonNeston should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Trying to raise funds?
To clear current and pressing debts?
Old 3 Oct 2013, 10:42 (Ref:3312225)   #347
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
"Maticulous attention to detail."
Old 3 Oct 2013, 11:10 (Ref:3312241)   #348
porsche962fan
Veteran

porsche962fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
200,000.00 price I am sure the Adam Morgan Avensis should be much cheaper and if that is sold with setup data alsoa much better choice

BTW I suppose no word if he will race at Brands , find another pay driver or not show up at all...
Old 3 Oct 2013, 11:25 (Ref:3312253)   #349
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
European Capital of Culture 2008
steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by porsche962fan View Post
BTW I suppose no word if he will race at Brands , find another pay driver or not show up at all...
The advert says that the car is only available after the last round, so I guess that means he will be out there driving it.
Old 3 Oct 2013, 11:39 (Ref:3312264)   #350
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid

Quote:
Originally Posted by porsche962fan View Post
200,000.00 price I am sure the Adam Morgan Avensis should be much cheaper and if that is sold with setup data alsoa much better choice

As expensive as £200k might sound, that's the going rate. Not as cheap as Toca envisaged! And there's nothing wrong with that Chevy. Just because he's the driver, doesn't mean it's not got the potential to be a top car. It looks stunning in the metal, real attention to detail, no expense spared stuff. What you'd expect from RML of course.