Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 18 Feb 2008, 20:29 (Ref:2132075)   #226
V8's rule
Racer

V8's rule should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwi butt
Not all rubbish. Could have used one of those Tribro bins, but they arent a sponsor of Team Sheep any more.

Wonder if the car will go good with Wally in charge?

Kiwi Butt............Pedictions dont appear to be your strong suit.........Wally in charge of TKR entry?

I dont think so.......Team manager, Peter Cunliff..........Crew chief, Jason Lefting.

Old 19 Feb 2008, 00:26 (Ref:2132211)   #227
panel damage
Racer

Australia
Brisbane
panel damage should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Actually hes kinda correct.

From waht I've heard the car is an ex ter car and as originally stated by tkr before christmas they were looking for a SE qld Base to run it from in Australia in addition to the NZ base with above mentioned staff.

Base found is apparently Obrien Motorsport ( fujitsu series team) and which is managed by Ian "wally " Walburn who has been around Motorsport since Noah and Moses were racing camels on the deck of the Ark. Thats the "wally " Kiwi Butt was refering too.
Old 19 Feb 2008, 00:56 (Ref:2132226)   #228
Just Do It!
Veteran

Just Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Yes, that is true.

Interesting though if Peter CUNLIFFE and Jason LIEFTING are to be on the crew as they were both part of the TKR NZV8 team in the year of "Operation Revolving Door Car Prep", where there were nearly more car preparers than there were rounds.

The O'Brien facility would be a solid Point A too
Old 19 Feb 2008, 01:14 (Ref:2132233)   #229
NAC
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland, New Zealand
NAC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridNAC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Having Jason Lefting around will also be a big help when it come to set up. Jason himself is no slouch behind a wheel
Old 19 Feb 2008, 07:04 (Ref:2132292)   #230
panel damage
Racer

Australia
Brisbane
I know Wally Walburn reads these pages - no offence was meant re ark comment - just illustrating point about experience
Old 19 Feb 2008, 07:23 (Ref:2132299)   #231
V8's rule
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by panel damage
Actually hes kinda correct.

From waht I've heard the car is an ex ter car and as originally stated by tkr before christmas they were looking for a SE qld Base to run it from in Australia in addition to the NZ base with above mentioned staff.

Base found is apparently Obrien Motorsport ( fujitsu series team) and which is managed by Ian "wally " Walburn who has been around Motorsport since Noah and Moses were racing camels on the deck of the Ark. Thats the "wally " Kiwi Butt was refering too.

Panel Damage..........I have no wish to appear a smart ass...........But the fact is that there is no deal with Obrien Motorsport, Wally or any exigsting team.

This years TKR team is, truck driver aside, entirely new.........Mostly Kiwis.........And as of yet does not even have a workshop...........Though that is set to change after the New Zealand round, when the team will establish its own small base on the Goldcoast.

The car chassis 888#9, was prepared by the fledgling team, at Tripple Eight, with their assistance, and is due in Adelaide tonight.

Old 19 Feb 2008, 07:28 (Ref:2132302)   #232
panel damage
Racer

Australia
Brisbane
Okay - thats not what I was told form a person close to the team and also read on another forum. But your information might be fresher than mine.

So I'll take your word for it.
Old 19 Feb 2008, 07:40 (Ref:2132308)   #233
davester
Racer

davester should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
All sounds concerning. I hope they don't have a mechanical issue in the first practice that forces them to retire for the weekend.

It's almost sounding that corporate NZ hasn't embraced this team in the manner that this category requires. No launch, no facilities, no testing...let's hope they rise from their 2007 ashes in ok shape.
Old 19 Feb 2008, 08:26 (Ref:2132326)   #234
NAC
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland, New Zealand
NAC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridNAC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by davester
All sounds concerning. I hope they don't have a mechanical issue in the first practice that forces them to retire for the weekend.

It's almost sounding that corporate NZ hasn't embraced this team in the manner that this category requires. No launch, no facilities, no testing...let's hope they rise from their 2007 ashes in ok shape.
I think you will find that in the short time since confirming the what, who's, how's, where and when the team have done what needs to be done to get the car on the grid come 1st meet. A big fancy launch may not be the best use of time right now.
Old 19 Feb 2008, 09:33 (Ref:2132367)   #235
V8's rule
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NAC
I think you will find that in the short time since confirming the what, who's, how's, where and when the team have done what needs to be done to get the car on the grid come 1st meet. A big fancy launch may not be the best use of time right now.

NAC.........You hit the nail on the head.

Panel damage, if you read the latest copy of NZ Speedsport magazine..........Scott spells it out how it is...........To his credit David john is also quoted as saying Scott adds a new diamension to the team as he is not just an experienced driver but also a smart business man.

David John.......Like him or loath him, owns TKR.......No iffs or maybees.........But he is more than happy to leave Scott to manage the raceteam with Peter Cunliffs help.

Nobody said it was going to be a walk in the park.......Least of all Scott.

Old 20 Feb 2008, 04:08 (Ref:2133032)   #236
panel damage
Racer

Australia
Brisbane
I didnt know they had magazines in new zealand
Old 20 Feb 2008, 09:50 (Ref:2133182)   #237
V8's rule
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by panel damage
I didnt know they had magazines in new zealand

Panel damage.............With respect to a fellow poster..........no slight intended.........I think your post says a lot about what you dont know........Including the mandatory use of capital letter's when writing any countries name..........ie New Zealand........not new zealand.

Old 20 Feb 2008, 11:47 (Ref:2133257)   #238
sizzle
Veteran

Australia
Darwin
sizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by V8's rule
Panel damage.............With respect to a fellow poster..........no slight intended.........I think your post says a lot about what you dont know........Including the mandatory use of capital letter's when writing any countries name..........ie New Zealand........not new zealand.
Country, I thought it was the seventh state of Aus. It is part of one of "our" national motorsport championships, "our" National Rugby League, "our" National Basketball League, christ they even tried soccer.

Last edited by sizzle; 20 Feb 2008 at 11:49.
Old 20 Feb 2008, 12:20 (Ref:2133283)   #239
Rombles1
Veteran

Australia
Facebook
Rombles1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by sizzle
Country, I thought it was the seventh state of Aus. It is part of one of "our" national motorsport championships, "our" National Rugby League, "our" National Basketball League, christ they even tried soccer.
What you talkin' 'bout willis? I thought we were the West Island of NZ?
Old 20 Feb 2008, 14:15 (Ref:2133363)   #240
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
Pro Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
and the bigest.

anyway enough bantering each others country. is going out on their own a building process to build the team up into their own or to fill the gap until they can get into another technical alliance with a top team?
Old 20 Feb 2008, 18:26 (Ref:2133513)   #241
NAC
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland, New Zealand
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro Racer
and the bigest.

anyway enough bantering each others country. is going out on their own a building process to build the team up into their own or to fill the gap until they can get into another technical alliance with a top team?
Lets just say they want to be charge of their own destiny

And on the country thing guys lets not go there. Hell I stuck up for the West Island in the A1 threads.