Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 18 Aug 2011, 07:13 (Ref:2942379)   #226
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axeman444 View Post
yep, and they were my 1st thoughts instead of what this could mean for HRT...
What does it mean for HRT? The release claims that the person in question race engineered at Lotus for the likes of Ayrton Senna. 20+ years ago. While Michael Waltrip Racing isnt exactly top of the pops in the Toyota supported NASCAR teams.

I thought WP were hunting for a 'brand name'?
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 18 Aug 2011, 07:15 (Ref:2942380)   #227
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post
well i guess this is good news for HRT,

I thought i would add this link also kelly racing

and especially this quote

is this part of HRT's downfall, and more importantly was he one of the guys that was suppose to be there to help HRT out (yes im aware it was 12 months ago), another big name from the HRT structure that has gone in recent times

Hope they can save the sponsors, Rockstar would sure look good on an SBR car
Well by the way the WP team seems to be (over?) servicing Coates Hire, with appearances by HRT's #2 driver at every opportunity, along side Mr Percat, it wouldnt be a surprise for that business to become title sponsor at HRT in 2012...
Old 18 Aug 2011, 07:34 (Ref:2942383)   #228
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
What does it mean for HRT? The release claims that the person in question race engineered at Lotus for the likes of Ayrton Senna. 20+ years ago. While Michael Waltrip Racing isnt exactly top of the pops in the Toyota supported NASCAR teams.

I thought WP were hunting for a 'brand name'?
GTR he was a key person at Maclaren until 2008

a 60 yo man from OS hardly suggest longevity though, maybe 5 years at most

after just 3 years with MWR
Old 18 Aug 2011, 07:49 (Ref:2942386)   #229
cavvy
Veteran

cavvy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
keys to the wealth

You ask who has the keys to the wealth GTR - that'd be Jeff Browne but he is a little busy at 9, although he knows a bit about the V8 circus.
If he steps in ...
Old 18 Aug 2011, 11:38 (Ref:2942467)   #230
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by cavvy View Post
You ask who has the keys to the wealth GTR - that'd be Jeff Browne but he is a little busy at 9, although he knows a bit about the V8 circus.
If he steps in ...
Mr Browne is on the management board of the WP/HSV/HRT etc etc group that sourced the new hire isnt he?

While #9 hasnt been the same since KP left the building
Old 19 Aug 2011, 03:55 (Ref:2942789)   #231
Just Do It!
Veteran

Just Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The solution/winner is Steve Hallam
Old 20 Aug 2011, 14:27 (Ref:2943331)   #232
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
wow the DJ must have been so pleased with the form today.

Did i mention the rookie is now beating the champion in the championship and had beat him for 7 races straight now
Old 21 Aug 2011, 00:10 (Ref:2943519)   #233
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post
wow the DJ must have been so pleased with the form today.

Did i mention the rookie is now beating the champion in the championship and had beat him for 7 races straight now
In other news, the bloke who makes steering arms for HRT to their design has just bought himself a yacht
Old 25 Aug 2011, 06:03 (Ref:2945452)   #234
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Kelly Racing want the main sponsor

wow, it interesting to read this in light of some of the comments in this thread.

so called experts. NOT
Old 25 Aug 2011, 07:16 (Ref:2945468)   #235
cavvy
Veteran

cavvy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Crennan would know the deal GMH/HSV/Walkinshaw.
Old 25 Aug 2011, 08:32 (Ref:2945495)   #236
Carsandmotorracing
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland NZ
Carsandmotorracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Very bold of Kelly....
Old 25 Aug 2011, 08:41 (Ref:2945504)   #237
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Or its a bloody big smoke screen...
Old 25 Aug 2011, 09:17 (Ref:2945521)   #238
fomoco
Veteran

Australia
Bris Vages southside
fomoco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridfomoco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
Or its a bloody big smoke screen...
GTR , you have been around the traps, remember Dick Johnson, may move to Holden some years back, remeber Stone Brothers, looking at other Manufacturers, same for some Holden teams, from memory, GRM was once reported to be accepting an offer.

Most what a cut of the action, similar to NASCAR, FORD and GM money, times are tough, things are hard, heres you %&*(!@# christmas card with a little cheque.

You may be right, smoke screen to recieve a bit more of the pie. Just like the boys over for Pizza, the more that come the smaller the slice.
Old 25 Aug 2011, 09:35 (Ref:2945530)   #239
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by fomoco View Post
GTR , you have been around the traps, remember Dick Johnson, may move to Holden some years back, remeber Stone Brothers, looking at other Manufacturers, same for some Holden teams, from memory, GRM was once reported to be accepting an offer.

Most what a cut of the action, similar to NASCAR, FORD and GM money, times are tough, things are hard, heres you %&*(!@# christmas card with a little cheque.

You may be right, smoke screen to recieve a bit more of the pie. Just like the boys over for Pizza, the more that come the smaller the slice.
Well the 4 Kelly Racing prepared entries all have windscreen sponsors... Bisley came on board last year for the JD cars, and Glass Assist appeared at the most recent round at QR...

Given Holden's reluctance to directly support alcohol brands, Mr Crennan would need more than a magic wand of getting Holden over the line... they would also likely need to replace Jack Daniels... presuming they could beat 888 for the deal...

Somehow grabbing a Hyundai, Renault or Kia doesnt seem as difficult as all that...
Old 25 Aug 2011, 10:31 (Ref:2945557)   #240
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
Pro Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
glass assist runs through to the end of next year as does Bisley IIRC.

Pepsi Max seem year to year as is Stratco. they could always have 2 HRT cars with 2 JD cars. the JD cars could have Bisley or Glass Assist and the HRT Holden banners just like the HRT/Bundy set-up atm.

i think it's a case of Crenno saying hey ol'mates at HMS we're here for the taking if you want us to stay come talk to us.