Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Bike Racing

Old 25 Aug 2011, 15:13 (Ref:2945709)   #1
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
jhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Round 12 - Moto GP 2011, Indy

Back at it after a two week break. We come to Indy, which boasts new pavement. The rough spots that the riders complained about are supposed to be better and the pavement should be more consistent. But, the track layout still leaves a lot to be desired in my opinion. Anyways, Lorenzo needs to start taking points off Stoner if he wants a chance down the stretch.
Old 28 Aug 2011, 15:12 (Ref:2947239)   #2
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Lol Terol a second a lap faster than anyone in first 5 laps in 125!

Lets all laugh at the Aspar rocketship! What a joke
Old 28 Aug 2011, 15:46 (Ref:2947250)   #3
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
jhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Are you saying he's not that good?
Old 28 Aug 2011, 16:33 (Ref:2947261)   #4
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Same as Marques, best bike and a good rider equals very quick and boring races.

Is there anyone there at all, crowd looks pathetic, I know it gets drowned out ther, but the bleachers look really sparse
Old 28 Aug 2011, 18:05 (Ref:2947296)   #5
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
Tough to say. That place is huge. So I can see it visually looking bare.

Attendance for Laguna was up this year, so we'll see how Indy does.
Old 28 Aug 2011, 18:13 (Ref:2947298)   #6
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
And another poor start for Spies. Victory 2 gone.
Old 29 Aug 2011, 09:23 (Ref:2947535)   #7
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
Have to say this is a really poor year all round.

Turned off every race in the end, and I dont do that often.

MotoGp really is an embarrassment at the moment, only team is even slightly interested in winning, the other are just treading water, even Yamaha. Makes a mockery of calling it a championship as it really isn't right now.

Even tempted to say people should get their money abck as that was about as entertaining as watching the trailer unload the bikes, very poor.

All classes utterly dominated by the team spending the most money with the quickest bike, recipe for disaster if you ask me and I shan't be watching any more big class races this year, luckily the 125 and 2 races make up for it, but even they were an abortion at that awful place.

Man, I have seen motocross tracks more suitable to host a GP race, for Gods sake why dont Dorna realise that noone gives a monkeys about bike racing in NASCAR country! They might elsewhere, but not there, dumb retards
Old 30 Aug 2011, 11:22 (Ref:2948241)   #8
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
AMA Superbike used to get crowds didnt it - you'd think 1 USGP at a decent track is worthy... Indy, pfft!

Cant get into Moto2 - think i wanna see Honda v Yamaha v Aprilia etc, not Suter vs whoever....

Moto GP - 2nd race in a row i havent watched (mainly due to the time difference tho), saying that, dont think i missed anything...
Old 30 Aug 2011, 12:03 (Ref:2948258)   #9
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
I think really bime racing has been on a decline in the USa for years.

Dont know why, I reckon Laguna gets half decent crowds, but I ahve never seen a sizeable crowd at Indy, and its bacsue it isnt a bike place!

Kinda like having a F1 GP on the Isle of Man, or a rall at Daytona, bloody stupid!

Moto 2 is fine, I just hope Marques moves up as he makes it utterly boring. I am a purist and at least like to see some sort of lead battle but Terol, MArques and Stoner made a mockery of it.

But, most blame goes to the track, it's a joke not running anything on it before, total one line race and that is the main reason it was poor. Not the riders.
Old 30 Aug 2011, 12:19 (Ref:2948268)   #10
cg7aa
Veteran

cg7aa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The shapes Stoner was making with that bike coming out of the last turn was quite exciting to watch though! No? Just me then....I'll get me coat.
Old 30 Aug 2011, 15:11 (Ref:2948337)   #11
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
Haha, Casey is in a league of his own dude!

I would just prefer more of a race I guess. Watching a rider perform is good, but it's only him, and once you have seen him do it it becomes normal!

It's not like McCoy when he was doing it, as he was doing it everywhere and at extreme angles! And it looked like it shouldnt work but it did!