Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 2 Feb 2011, 07:28 (Ref:2824350)   #26
cavvy
Veteran

cavvy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post
The holden sponsorship is soon to end, what then? the scrap heap.
& this peck:
but my understanding is the contract is soon to end.

Can you put some flesh on this claim Peck ... heard from your wifes cousin, whilst hanging out at a urinal ...
Old 2 Feb 2011, 08:25 (Ref:2824367)   #27
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
thats what i said cavvy, its in the next post where i clarified it it.

v8ryan, im sure there will be a holden race team for a long time, but the name is used under a sponsorship agreement, that sponsorship could jump to to say Kelly racing if thats what holden wanted to happen. (same with FPR for that matter)

axeman, yes im feeling the same way about your posts too, thanks for the information, but i would suggest there is more to it than what you think, stay tuned
Old 2 Feb 2011, 10:36 (Ref:2824446)   #28
cavvy
Veteran

Quote:
thats what i said cavvy, its in the next post where i clarified it it.v8ryan, im sure there will be a holden race team for a long time, but the name is used under a sponsorship agreement, that sponsorship could jump to to say Kelly racing if thats what holden wanted to happen. (same with FPR for that matter)

axeman, yes im feeling the same way about your posts too, thanks for the information, but i would suggest there is more to it than what you think, stay tuned
Missed it peck, too cryptic maybe, copy me in pls !!
Old 2 Feb 2011, 10:38 (Ref:2824448)   #29
cavvy
Veteran

Quote:
thats what i said cavvy, its in the next post where i clarified it it.v8ryan, im sure there will be a holden race team for a long time, but the name is used under a sponsorship agreement, that sponsorship could jump to to say Kelly racing if thats what holden wanted to happen. (same with FPR for that matter)

Missed it peck, too cryptic maybe, copy me in pls !!

Whats a sponsorship agreement peck ... flesh it or withdraw with dignity.
Old 2 Feb 2011, 10:48 (Ref:2824455)   #30
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
sorry, i mis understood your post

in 2003 Holden signed a contract with skaife for ten years. its well documented, which takes them up to the end of next year.

in 2009 tom re-signed the contract for multi (but unspecified years) but with no reason to suggest its longer than 2012.

therefore the sponsorship ends next year, although this can be re-newed.

but why would you give the big cash away to a non performing team
Old 2 Feb 2011, 22:06 (Ref:2824789)   #31
Just Do It!
Veteran

Just Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by V8RYAN View Post
i would bet my house on the fact that the holden racing team will forever remain the holden racing team. holden wont withdraw support for them and take their $$ elsewhere if they start underperforming.

thats why holden take a part in recruiting and management so they can make sure that theri money is being well spent and the team remains sucesful.

the team is fine, and nothing major will change in the future (although hopefully their results will!)
Almost worth accepting your bet. When TWR went belly up and Ross McKenzie went and bought the assets in the UK, the change of ownership offered Holden the opportunity to take the name "Holden Racing Team" and the associated sponsorship away if anyone bought it other than Holden. The receivers had no option but to sell to Holden to realise any value.

If you, V8RYAN, had purchased it, Holden could have - and probably would have - immediately pulled their sponsorship and the name, which were the two greatest assets that the team had.

I wouldn't be surprised if at some point in the future, the Holden Racing Team name and associated funding doesn't appear at Triple 8, or come under Triple 8's control in some way. If that eventuates, I would gladly accept your house. Sadly, if it doesn't, I don't have a house to offer you in return.

The sticking point to all this happening will be the level of involvement that Roland is seen to have at PMM from the start of this season, as essentially it could be deemed that PMM and Triple 8 are grouped as a quasi four-car team, with Roland providing cars, staff, and guidance.

The HRT name and money may not be as safe as you think given that handing it to a well-funded team like Triple 8 and providing only a relatively small funding increase over the current $2 million per season would give Holden some change to leverage the sponsorship more intensely.
Old 27 May 2011, 08:26 (Ref:2886570)   #32
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
so much for the succession plan

so now what happens
Old 27 May 2011, 13:12 (Ref:2886692)   #33
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Well you would suppose that someone has to take responsibility for the on track results...

Gearing up for a sale?
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 29 May 2011, 03:10 (Ref:2887322)   #34
emjaya
Racer

Aland Islands
in a house
emjaya should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Well, with the way the team has been going downhill over the last few years, maybe they will hire someone who can run a race team competently and start getting results again.

Emjaya: sometime DJR fan.
Old 29 May 2011, 04:04 (Ref:2887325)   #35
emjaya
Racer

Aland Islands
in a house
emjaya should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

in 2003 Holden signed a contract with skaife for ten years. its well documented, which takes them up to the end of next year.

in 2009 tom re-signed the contract for multi (but unspecified years) but with no reason to suggest its longer than 2012.

This is an assumption by you without any evidence. If Tom signed for ten years, like Skaife did with Holden in 2003, then the deal would run until 2019.

They could have signed for twenty years.... You don't know and you are only guessing.

Quote:

Unless I missed something in my ennui of the offtrack goings on, Holden owns the other half of HRT.

If there is not a buy-back clause in the deal with WP, then I will be very surprised.
Old 29 May 2011, 06:09 (Ref:2887336)   #36
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Re hashing old stuff now, those posts are from 5 months ago

and you are right, as i said, it was an assumption. if you have evidence to the contary then bring it to the party, if not i am happy to settle with the evidence i do have

also Holden do not own half of HRT as in the race team. they own the brand, but not the team. they are not allowed to own a race team, I think you are thinking of HSV which is a different entity and do not own a team
Old 29 May 2011, 07:34 (Ref:2887347)   #37
TSR
Veteran

Australia
Sutherland Shire
TSR has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
When is HRT deal with Toll come to a end, as Mr Toll is stepping down at the end of this year, and he is the motorsport person in Toll, so will they be pouring $$$ into HRT in 2012???
2015 V8Supercar Champion #5 PDA Mark Frosty Winterbottom
To Finish First, First you must Finish
Old 29 May 2011, 08:11 (Ref:2887362)   #38
fomoco
Veteran

Australia
Bris Vages southside
fomoco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridfomoco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TSR View Post
When is HRT deal with Toll come to a end, as Mr Toll is stepping down at the end of this year, and he is the motorsport person in Toll, so will they be pouring $$$ into HRT in 2012???

Mr TOLL, Paul Little has already stepped down, and is now over at Essendon Football Club, but I guess will still be a part of Toll. Apperently, Toll have lost a few Contracts, including shipping the Holden Fleet around Australia. Just nneed to check the business pages to confirm this.

But if this was the case, a smart way to advertise the business anyway.

bit like C7 showing Bathurts in the late 70's early 80's and Big Rev kev's car with a lovely number 9.

HRT will still live on, the boys at Fishermans will not want to let this go down. In fact I bet they review it, and don't be suprised if another Deal is executed soon to a another organisation to run HRT.
Old 29 May 2011, 08:30 (Ref:2887369)   #39
cavvy
Veteran

No need to guess Paul Littles movements when he leaves the role as MD of Toll

Mr Little will take a nine-month break when he steps down before returning to Toll's board as a non-executive director. http://www.smh.com.au/business/toll-...#ixzz1NjCujltx
Old 29 May 2011, 15:48 (Ref:2887572)   #40
rik
Veteran

rik should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
[URL="http://www.speedcafe.com.au/2011/05/27/craig-wilson-resigns-from-walkinshaw-racing/"]so much for the succession plan[/URL
Any time the CEO leaves a company 'immediately' and for 'family' reasons has either been fired or is dying. And I'm pretty sure Mr Wilson is in good health. Welcome to the new era post TW.
Old 29 May 2011, 22:02 (Ref:2887818)   #41
Denosaur
Veteran

Albania
Australia
Denosaur should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridDenosaur should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Has anyone considered that this is standard practise for a majority of companies where some employee's are privy to sensitive imformation?? Have seen it before where a fellow employee told there manager that there leaving, only to be told about 2 hours later that they should start packing there desk, there 4 weeks will be paid out today and that they'll be escourt out of the building before the end of the day.

Conspiracy’s aside, if the bloke hasn't seen his wife & kids for 24 out of the last 30 days, I don't blame him for leaving. This motorsport caper isn't all that glamourous........
Old 29 May 2011, 23:37 (Ref:2887871)   #42
Axeman444
Veteran

Australia
Calling a spade a spade...
Axeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAxeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denosaur View Post
Has anyone considered that this is standard practise for a majority of companies where some employee's are privy to sensitive imformation?? Have seen it before where a fellow employee told there manager that there leaving, only to be told about 2 hours later that they should start packing there desk, there 4 weeks will be paid out today and that they'll be escourt out of the building before the end of the day.
agreed, but this i think would be unusual in this case, as it is usually when the person cannot be trusted, or is moving to another company that could in some way benefit from internal knowledge of the prior employer...

given Mr Wilson's tenure, you would think this is not the case?
Old 29 May 2011, 23:45 (Ref:2887872)   #43
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Has Roland applied for the job?
Old 30 May 2011, 07:23 (Ref:2887961)   #44
Go Harder.
Racer

Australia
Somewhere in the sticks...
Go Harder. should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Another vacancy! Crawford goooooonnne.
Old 30 May 2011, 07:30 (Ref:2887965)   #45
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Harder. View Post
Another vacancy! Crawford goooooonnne.
Off to the Kelly's?

Presumably there are more changes than just these two... despite This
Old 30 May 2011, 07:32 (Ref:2887966)   #46
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
No no this cant be right, everything will be ok at HRT, they have people and practices in place to make sure tom's legacy lasts.

Yeah right
Old 30 May 2011, 07:45 (Ref:2887977)   #47
Go Harder.
Racer

Australia
Somewhere in the sticks...
Go Harder. should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What influence would this have on the whereabouts of Garth Tander in 2012?
Old 30 May 2011, 07:51 (Ref:2887979)   #48
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Harder. View Post
What influence would this have on the whereabouts of Garth Tander in 2012?
Perhaps a lot.. but his Holden alternatives are not that flash... Kelly, PMM, LDM, BJR each have a lack of 'something' but most of all the inability/unwillingness to fund a $750k a year driver

I wonder who is making the decisions to punt these guys? The DJ from Ibiza? Or his mum?
Old 30 May 2011, 07:51 (Ref:2887980)   #49
JC Ohope
Racer

New Zealand
Wellington
JC Ohope should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJC Ohope should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It does seem like pretty shaky times for HRT with two of the key people leaving, I guess the question is whether these people are leaving because they're unhappy with the performance of HRT or is HRT making them leave because they feel they're at fault?

Maybe some fresh people might help HRT get a bit more consistency?

It does make me laugh though, Courtney left the team he won a championship with to get away from ownership/management issues.... to join HRT which is now having.... ownership and management issues

I wonder if he sees the irony?
Old 30 May 2011, 07:53 (Ref:2887981)   #50
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by JC Ohope View Post
It does seem like pretty shaky times for HRT with two of the key people leaving, I guess the question is whether these people are leaving because they're unhappy with the performance of HRT or is HRT making them leave because they feel they're at fault?

Maybe some fresh people might help HRT get a bit more consistency?

It does make me laugh though, Courtney left the team he won a championship with to get away from ownership/management issues.... to join HRT which is now having.... ownership and management issues

I wonder if he sees the irony?
I would imagine that it is only a question of time til we see something similar over Campbellfield way... the seagull will come fresh from watching his WRC Minis run, drop a bomb, then fly away... maybe...