Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Bike Racing

Old 15 Jun 2011, 17:28 (Ref:2899652)   #1
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
jhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Claiming Rule Teams

Six Teams have been invited to join the grid for 2012 under the Claiming Rule Teams clause. Each is just one bike and one rider. They are:

BY QUEROSENO RACING (Blusens)
FORWARD RACING
KIEFER RACING
MARC VDS RACING TEAM
PADDOCK GP RACING (Interwetten)
SPEED MASTER

Proposals from other possible entries are supposedly still being considered. These would be from people not currently in the championship.

I don't really know what to think of this. More bikes is good, but at this stage I'm having a hard time thinking that these will be competitive bikes. But with extra fuel and more engines available, maybe I'm wrong.
Old 15 Jun 2011, 17:41 (Ref:2899659)   #2
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
jhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
This is the conjecture from what I gather:

Team - Rider - Engine - Chassis
Querosono - Unknown - Kawasaki - FTR?
Forward - Unknown - BMW? - Suter?
Kiefer - Bradl? - Unknown - Kalex
Marc VDS - Unknown - BMW? - Suter
Paddock - Luthi? - Unknown - Unknown
Speed Master - Iannone? - Aprilia? - FTR?
Old 21 Jun 2011, 13:10 (Ref:2902868)   #3
EGG
Racer

Australia
perth, aus
EGG has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I read up on this the other day as I hadn't paid much attention to it. The satellite teams will be classified as Factory I'm guessing?

I don't know that this will do much more than pad out the grid with a 2nd class of bikes, but oh well, see how it goes.
Old 21 Jun 2011, 14:58 (Ref:2902918)   #4
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
Quote:
Originally Posted by EGG View Post
I read up on this the other day as I hadn't paid much attention to it. The satellite teams will be classified as Factory I'm guessing?
The current teams like Tech 3 and Pramac would still be privateer teams, but since they'd have full on prototype bikes they'd be subject to the 21 liters of fuel and 6 engine rule. Teams that have bikes with production based engines are allowed more fuel and more engines per season. However, they have since added that if a claiming rule team is dubbed to be a factory team in disguise (read BMW & Aprilia) then they would be subject to 21 liters of fuel and 6 engines.