Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 9 Aug 2004, 10:59 (Ref:1060889)   #51
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Noise from places low and dodgy suggest there has been no signing of a replacement driver for Mr Luff, but that the shopping list wants a seasoned pro, not a newby (sorry prn31...) to gauge the abilities of Jr...

Is Mr Seton the right man? Very much so. Could he work with the DJR mob? Well a lot of water has passed under the bridge since the "speed bump" labelling....
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 9 Aug 2004, 11:34 (Ref:1060918)   #52
Dipper
Rookie

Dipper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by GTRMagic
Until the broom goes thru the upper levels of management within this (dis?)organisation, it will be dejavu for some years to come....
You keep saying this GTR. Would you please tell us who you are talking about
Old 9 Aug 2004, 12:19 (Ref:1060959)   #53
Woody75
Racer

Woody75 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I cant see Smiths Trucks getting a Franchise, but GTR seems confident which is making me think up all strange possibilties
Old 10 Aug 2004, 10:16 (Ref:1061937)   #54
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally posted by Dipper
You keep saying this GTR. Would you please tell us who you are talking about
There are 2 arms of DJR, technical and preparation. One side is magic, with the ex-F1 expert doing lots of new, innovative things to the cars... (altho they need to build a new shell to show what can really be done ) while the preparation side have a select few where all isnt as pretty as it could be....

... the syndrome kinda goes like "we didnt used to do it that way, why should we start now" is said to be alive & well....

We shall see....
Old 10 Aug 2004, 10:18 (Ref:1061939)   #55
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally posted by Woody75
I cant see Smiths Trucks getting a Franchise, but GTR seems confident which is making me think up all strange possibilties
Smiths Trucks + Imrie Motor Sport + Konica Minolta branding = 2005 team & franchise for Mr A.Gurr
Old 10 Aug 2004, 10:31 (Ref:1061954)   #56
pete55
Veteran

pete55 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
With a 2004 Morris Commodore!
Old 10 Aug 2004, 10:32 (Ref:1061955)   #57
Boss330
Rookie

Boss330 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by GTRMagic
Until the broom goes thru the upper levels of management within this (dis?)organisation, it will be dejavu for some years to come....
Correct-a-mun-do, the "chalk" needs to fly first (pardon the pun). Similer situation at SER with a certain short lived team manager not so long ago.
Old 10 Aug 2004, 12:06 (Ref:1062065)   #58
Also a Believer
Veteran

Also a Believer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
wrong pete
wrong gtr

Heard a little story ten minutes ago about a certaon deal here, what sort of engines do trucks have.?
Old 10 Aug 2004, 12:09 (Ref:1062067)   #59
pete55
Veteran

Gurr to FPR?
Old 11 Aug 2004, 00:09 (Ref:1062665)   #60
eduardo1
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
eduardo1 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grideduardo1 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grideduardo1 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Wherever Gurr goes, it will be where Morris places him.

You don't think Paul's letting a boy with some talent AND cash out of his grasp do you.
Old 11 Aug 2004, 00:36 (Ref:1062669)   #61
Archer
Veteran

Archer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I want to change the pace of the discussion just for a minute to franchises.

Most people seem certain that the PWR L2 is going to SER or a team formally known as SER, can someone shed some more light on this one.

WPS almost certainly need another slot with only #48 to their name. Noise suggested that they would lease #3 from Tasman next year and Tasman run #23? If this wasnt to happen I would have assumed that WPS would snap up the IMS L2 but GTR is talking about a second PMM/Smiths Trucks/Gurr entry... Please explain and back it up please.

Also how much truth is there to the Walkinshaw/Bright team taking over the Dynamik slots? If so, would Simon go with the deal or is he looking else where? If Dynamik is not going to sell what are Walkinshaw/Brights other options... Romano L2? Whats Baps plans for '05 anyway?
I support (V8): Holden, Holden Racing Team, Perkins Motorsport, #888, #2, #22, #11, #7, #3, #34, #51, #55, #33, #88, #18, #4, #5 & #1. I support (F1): Williams Toyota, Red Bull Renault, #15, #16, #23, #9 & #10.

RIP Peter Brock and Mark Porter
Old 11 Aug 2004, 02:09 (Ref:1062690)   #62
eduardo1
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
eduardo1 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grideduardo1 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grideduardo1 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
There's been a lot of speculation about this Archer.

#43 PWR
#14 IMS
#24 Romano

are the 3 franchises available.

Nobody really knows what is happening at Dynamik at the moment. IF they are talking the discussions are between Oscar, Kieran Wills, Jason Bright (and/or his manager/s) and John Crennan.

I've heard from several usually reliable sources that Bright is on the move to a new team. None of them have said whether it's an existing team rebranded or a brand new 'from-scratch' enterprise, or whether it's a 1-car or 2-car.

One thing though, don't assume that Bright's future and a HSV/Crennan team are necessarily linked.

The strong mail I got a few months back was that Ron Harrop had either a) bought or b) had first option to buy the Romano franchise for 2005. That could be a spot for Bright.

That story however hasn't progressed any further and now nobody seems to know what's happening with it. Perhaps it was something Harrop wanted to do but then decided to pull out.

Smiths Trucks has been talking about running in the main game next year. It's a maybe at best.

Ellery is looking to expand for Youlden, Morris reportdely has an agreement to buy the IMS license. Potentially that would fit hand-in-glove with Smiths. Morris puts Gurr in there, Smith gets his team into the main game with some funding from the Morris/Gurr camp. There's already a relationship in place between the two, with Ryan McLeod the main link there.

WPS wants/needs to expand. Tasman has announced it's running 2 cars next year so WPS needs to buy/lease a license from somewhere for its second car.

Lots of maybes and I have to say, the IMS license seems to have been sold four times over so far, and that's just what I've heard.

I hope that's backed up enough for you Archer. I can only quote the sources I have, which are well-placed and usually reliable.

None of what I've said here is an absolute definite. I truly believe that none of the licenses are sold yet, but there are currently deals being hammered out.
Old 11 Aug 2004, 04:02 (Ref:1062730)   #63
Mickcals
Racer

Mickcals has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I think it would look pretty much like this:

2 Holden Racing Team Mark Skaife
3 Tasman Motorsport Jason Richards
4 Stone Brothers Racing Marcos Ambrose
5 Ford Performance Racing Glenn Seton (possibly Radisich although some from overseas seem to be a more reason guess, maybe Yvan Muller, Rickard Rydell, John Cleland or Jason Plato)
6 Ford Performance Racing Alain Menu
7 RNR / Perkins Motorsport Alex Davison
8 Castrol Perkins Motorsport Paul Dumbrell
9 Stone Brothers Racing Russell Ingall
10 Larkham Motorsport Jason Bargwanna
11 Castrol Perkins Motorsport Steven Richards
12 Brad Jones Racing John Bowe
15 Kmart Racing Rick Kelly
16 PWR Racing Paul Weel
17 Dick Johnson Racing Steven Johnson
18 Dick Johnson Racing Warren Luff (possibly John Bowe, Radisich or Owen Kelly)
20 Larkham Motorsport Mark Winterbottom
21 Brad Jones Racing Brad Jones (or even Glenn Seton)
22 Holden Racing Team Todd Kelly
23 WPS Racing David Besnard
29 Sirromet Life Style Wine Paul Morris
30 Steve Ellery Racing Luke Youlden
31 Steve Ellery Racing Steve Ellery
33 Garry Rogers Motorsport Cameron McConville
34 Garry Rogers Motorsport Craig Baird, Jason Bright or Greg Murphy
44 Team Dynamik Simon Wills
45 Team Dynamik Neil McFadyen
48 WPS Racing Alex Yoong
50 PWR Racing Greg Murphy, Paul Radisich or Garth Tander
51 Kmart Racing Garth Tander, Jason Bright or Greg Murphy
75 Toll Racing Anthony Tratt
88 Triple 8 Racing Craig Lowndes
888 Triple 8 Racing Max Wilson
021 Team Kiwi Racing Mark Porter, Paul Radisich or Greg Murphy
2nd Tasman Motorsport possibly Greg Murphy or Tim Leahey or Steve Owen

Last edited by Mickcals; 11 Aug 2004 at 04:04.
Old 11 Aug 2004, 04:08 (Ref:1062731)   #64
pete55
Veteran

Mickcals, there have been some seats confirmed but you still have them with other drivers in them. TKR is one. Craig Baird is staying there. I think Murphy is also most certainly going to stay at K-Mart, Seton is almost certain to go to DJR. Watch for big news reguarding Team Dynamik and SER plus the 2 new drivers at FPR. Tander is going elsewhere and it looks like PWR.
Old 11 Aug 2004, 09:45 (Ref:1062885)   #65
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
I am curious as to why everyone is presuming Dynamik wont be around next year.....
Old 11 Aug 2004, 10:13 (Ref:1062911)   #66
pete55
Veteran

Are you saying they will be around in their current guise GTR?
Old 11 Aug 2004, 11:55 (Ref:1062992)   #67
ninetenths
Rookie

ninetenths should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I believe absolutely nothing will change at Dynamic.....besides maybe driver line up....They'll string some surprises next season and consistently be front runners..
Old 11 Aug 2004, 23:02 (Ref:1063426)   #68
Archer
Veteran

Archer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well someone is going to come up short, there simply are not enough licences for PMM, SER, TAS, WPS and TWR/BRIGHT to all run two cars in the current field unless someone sells a L1!

If not Dynamik who GTR?
I support (V8): Holden, Holden Racing Team, Perkins Motorsport, #888, #2, #22, #11, #7, #3, #34, #51, #55, #33, #88, #18, #4, #5 & #1. I support (F1): Williams Toyota, Red Bull Renault, #15, #16, #23, #9 & #10.

RIP Peter Brock and Mark Porter
Old 12 Aug 2004, 00:01 (Ref:1063458)   #69
TheMan
Racer

TheMan has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally posted by Archer
Well someone is going to come up short, there simply are not enough licences for PMM, SER, TAS, WPS and TWR/BRIGHT to all run two cars in the current field unless someone sells a L1!

If not Dynamik who GTR?
I know that SER have already secured a L2 franchise but am not sure which one. I can only presume PWR#43, but it really doesnt matter which one the fact is that they have one and for them thats great. Who will drive the second car? That is the question at SER.
Old 12 Aug 2004, 00:27 (Ref:1063468)   #70
jaytor
Racer

Australia
Melbourne
jaytor should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Wouldn't Youlden be the man? I couldn't imagine him running for yet another year in Konica, and he has done extremly well in the enduros in the past.
Old 12 Aug 2004, 00:31 (Ref:1063470)   #71
TheMan
Racer

I am thinking that they would have a list:
Radisich
Seton
Youlden
Owen Kelly
Cameron Mclean
Greg Ritter

There are some great drivers out there without a seat, even though I hear Seton almost has a deal, he cannot be ruled out. Don`t forget SER are a Ford backed team so they may get a Ford backed driver.
Old 12 Aug 2004, 00:58 (Ref:1063485)   #72
Mitch
Rookie

Mitch should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That list is very much on the money TheMan, but you can rule out Cam McLean, as i have been told that he wont be working with his dad John, and two fathers and sons in the same team is not going to happen. I think the main three players have to be :

Ritter
Radisich
Youlden
Old 12 Aug 2004, 01:38 (Ref:1063490)   #73
TheMan
Racer

O wouldn`t rule out Seton yet as a possibility until he announces something else he has to be in with a shot,and if this team is going to be a force next season then maybe experience is what they need. Also I wouldnt totally rule out Mclean, he can drive and has experience and he and Ellery could win Bathurst together. The father son thing I dont thing is as big an issue as you make out.
Old 12 Aug 2004, 04:55 (Ref:1063575)   #74
Dingo
Racer

United Nations
Dingo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It looks like Alain Menu is being lined up for a BTCC ride with Vauxhall in 2005 - at least according to Autosport...
Old 12 Aug 2004, 05:15 (Ref:1063581)   #75
pete55
Veteran

I don't think Menu was ever going to stay here.