Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Closed Thread

Old 29 Dec 2005, 02:24 (Ref:1491225)   #51
RotorFan
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
RotorFan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar
oh and forgot to add. if it dosn't happen. please can we have the race at winton instead
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattracer
Absolutely spot on!
Yes please! That was my first thought too

Screw China, lets go to Winton.

... give BJ and co a chance maybe
Old 29 Dec 2005, 04:02 (Ref:1491244)   #52
JABWOA
Veteran

Australia
3rd star to the left
JABWOA should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The last omlete I made was easily nailable, getting it off the pan was the hard part.
Old 29 Dec 2005, 07:53 (Ref:1491282)   #53
sizzle
Veteran

Australia
Darwin
sizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Average Punter
I've got 6 blokes (me included) who've all paid for airfares and accomm in Darwin who are more than a little nervous at the moment too..

V8SA announced that China was always a "provisional" date so I wouldn't have booked, but Darwin was "locked in" so we went ahead.
Don't wory too much AP according to the latest NT news the black wiggle himself has assured the NT that Darwins date is "locked in". Our excuse for a newspaper doesn't like to run without something controversial on the front page, even if they have to make it up.
Old 29 Dec 2005, 07:54 (Ref:1491283)   #54
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Average Punter
I've got 6 blokes (me included) who've all paid for airfares and accomm in Darwin who are more than a little nervous at the moment too..

V8SA announced that China was always a "provisional" date so I wouldn't have booked, but Darwin was "locked in" so we went ahead.
Darwin should be fine AP.... the highest beer consumption territory in the country in a series sponsored by beer... I think there is a pretty good chance they will be on the grid
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 29 Dec 2005, 08:19 (Ref:1491287)   #55
plonkey
Racer

plonkey has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I wonder if the Chinese want a bit more cash and / or a better offer has popped up.
Old 29 Dec 2005, 09:33 (Ref:1491312)   #56
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I agree. My guess is they saw the bottom line after the 2005 event and had a heart attack.
Old 29 Dec 2005, 10:17 (Ref:1491322)   #57
storyline
Veteran

Australia
Country Victoria
storyline should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Or they realised the spin story they had been sold about the international popularity of the series was even more fanciful than they could ever have imagined?
Old 29 Dec 2005, 10:47 (Ref:1491329)   #58
Robert Ryan
Veteran

Robert Ryan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I agree. My guess is they saw the bottom line after the 2005 event and had a heart attack.
Really? why do it now. I have a feeling it is a political thing.
Old 29 Dec 2005, 10:49 (Ref:1491331)   #59
PVDA
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
PVDA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPVDA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPVDA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid

I can just see the phone call to Mick Ronke (Winton) from Aussie Bernie now;

"Hey Mick can you run a round at Winton in 2006?"

"Yep, but I want a 5 YEAR DEAL and that exorbitant sanctioning fee you'll want us to pay had better drop as well"

Reminds me of what a wise "not so much of the old" man once told me about aircraft carriers.
Old 29 Dec 2005, 10:49 (Ref:1491332)   #60
Robert Ryan
Veteran

Or they realised the spin story they had been sold about the international popularity of the series was even more fanciful than they could ever have imagined?
Storyline that is rubbish...V8Supercar gets as much International TV as NASCAR. F1 is a different story.
Old 29 Dec 2005, 10:55 (Ref:1491334)   #61
Robert Ryan
Veteran

looking at MotorsTV which covers all of Europe(French/English), V8Supercar gets as much discussion and coverage as the Busch series(they do not show NEXTEL CUP),what is surprising is how much coverage the V8utes get.
Old 29 Dec 2005, 11:11 (Ref:1491346)   #62
storyline
Veteran

Australia
Country Victoria
Just because a series (of any kind) is on TV does NOT mean it is popular.

Unless, of course, you believe all the hype youhave been fed.
Old 29 Dec 2005, 11:13 (Ref:1491348)   #63
Robert Ryan
Veteran

No, but if quite a few people talk about it in England and the US and it appears in the hardest market of all the US Print media...than it has some impact.
Unless, of course, you believe all the hype youhave been fed.
Hype exists with all series, try ringing and email people involved , looking at the websites , then you get a much better idea. In many cases very much at variance with what is officially said.
Old 29 Dec 2005, 13:11 (Ref:1491398)   #64
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Ryan
Really? why do it now. I have a feeling it is a political thing.
Or the problem existed for a while and they selected Christmas eve as the perfect time to make it public and cause the least PR damage.

Quote:
Storyline that is rubbish...V8Supercar gets as much International TV as NASCAR.
However v8's dont carry any weight in the international perspective. Where as Nascar is broadcast live to Aus, V8's have only been recently picked up by Speed (if my memory serves correctly) and midnight early morning time slots. Which I guess would be very much the picture of Europe as well.
Old 29 Dec 2005, 19:55 (Ref:1491588)   #65
Robert Ryan
Veteran

Where as Nascar is broadcast live to Aus, V8's have only been recently picked up by Speed (if my memory serves correctly) and midnight early morning time slots. Which I guess would be very much the picture of Europe as well.
V8's have been shown for the last 5 yrs on SPEED...there have been complaints recently, that they hope they get the full two hour coverage.
However v8's dont carry any weight in the international perspective
D.R.T. just like your sarcastic remark on another thread, it shows your extremely biased against the V8Supercars for no logical reason.
midnight early morning time slots
So is NASCAR
Old 30 Dec 2005, 02:48 (Ref:1491748)   #66
racer69
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, Australia
racer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridracer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
midnight early morning time slots
So is NASCAR

It is on then because it is live. If they delayed it to a daytime slot you'd have a whinge because it wasn't live.

Wasn't the point DRT was trying to make was that Nextel Cup and Busch Series is shown here live, whilst the V8s are shown on a few months delay. Do they even get out Busch equivalent?
Old 30 Dec 2005, 04:00 (Ref:1491753)   #67
woodbine
Veteran

Australia
Peterborough
woodbine should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by racer69
Do they even get out Busch equivalent?
Oh be realistic. Even we don't it until at least a week later!
Old 30 Dec 2005, 04:54 (Ref:1491759)   #68
D.R.T.
Veteran

Quote:
V8's have been shown for the last 5 yrs on SPEED...there have been complaints recently, that they hope they get the full two hour coverage.
Apologies Robert, I thought i had read recently that Speed had just picked up the v8's, WTCC and DTM. Must have been a misread on my behalf.

Having recently visited the Speed forums. A thread about complaints involving v8 racing on television amounted to 20ish replies, with half of those belonging to Australian people now living in America.

Quote:
D.R.T. just like your sarcastic remark on another thread, it shows your extremely biased against the V8Supercars for no logical reason.
I wouldnt call me biased against v8 supercar. There are quite a few issues within the v8 fraternity that I have issues/concerns about. I thought an open forum such as this is an appropriate place to air them, not a place where you are expected to kiss Vesa's a$#%.

At the moment the v8's international fan base (remember NZ doesnt count) amounts to two desperate and underused race tracks with BIG Government $$$ behind them and now atleast on the face of it, it seems one of them is getting nervous.

In Europe (apart from Bathurst) the v8's have about as much weight as the WTCC and DTM have in Australia, ie not very much.
Old 30 Dec 2005, 05:14 (Ref:1491761)   #69
Robert Ryan
Veteran

I wouldnt call me biased against v8 supercar.
Why is it I and quite a few on this board do not believe a word you are saying? from day one you have slagged the catergory. No contructive criticism, nothing at all.
In Europe (apart from Bathurst) the v8's have about as much weight
Where is the proof? None. Not that you made a statement YOU THINK maybe correct, but you have no proof, it is just a statement
Having recently visited the Speed forums. A thread about complaints involving v8 racing
There were SIX threads scattered throughout the Forums asking for SPEED To show V8Supercars. There was no "complaints" thread about V8Supercars being shown on SPEED, that is your imaginati
Old 30 Dec 2005, 05:32 (Ref:1491763)   #70
storyline
Veteran

Australia
Country Victoria
Wow - that really is international support for them - six threads.

Face it - the only suport they have overseas is for expat Australians who want to know what is going on 'back home'

They do NOT have any broad based fans support other than ex-pats.

Of course, every time they are on the track with the F1's all of the F1 teams still rush to the wall to view the spectacle (more likely to see what the hell the noise is more than watch them).
Old 30 Dec 2005, 06:04 (Ref:1491768)   #71
Robert Ryan
Veteran

Face it - the only suport they have overseas is for expat Australians who want to know what is going on 'back home'
Storyline..what absolute garbage!!!. Please next time look at the threads and decide yourself. Most of the respondents are are US born and are interested in racing here and want to find more about it.
Wow - that really is international support for them - six threads.
DTM got two, BTCC None, JGTC one.
Old 30 Dec 2005, 06:17 (Ref:1491770)   #72
Robert Ryan
Veteran

Ok I made a mistake..there were TEN threads on V8Supercars between Nov-Dec.
Old 30 Dec 2005, 06:47 (Ref:1491772)   #73
storyline
Veteran

Australia
Country Victoria
Ten threads - out of how many on the forum? This really makes it popular outside of Australia - not.
Old 30 Dec 2005, 06:55 (Ref:1491773)   #74
Robert Ryan
Veteran

Storyline...you make no sense what so ever. DTM had two, the BTCC None, JCTC one. On a cable TV station that has covers 70 million in the US ? What does that say about your cherished DTM, BTCC and JGCTC? ARCA a well known oval series in the US did not get one, CASCAR the main "Touring " series for a better word of Canada gets two.
Ten threads - out of how many on the forum? This really makes it popular outside of Australia - not.
Oh by the way ..all expats are they?
Old 30 Dec 2005, 07:51 (Ref:1491785)   #75
kmsport
Veteran

Australia
SA
kmsport has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Winton is more attractive to me
Closed Thread