Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 25 Nov 2016, 20:00 (Ref:3691013)   #76
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
CTCRC Brands Hatch date now amended to July 29/30.......hope that doesn't clash with anything else
Old 25 Nov 2016, 20:50 (Ref:3691026)   #77
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancsbreaker View Post
CTCRC Brands Hatch date now amended to July 29/30.......hope that doesn't clash with anything else
No, looks like you've got the weekend to yourself- so far!

Thanks.
Old 26 Nov 2016, 19:07 (Ref:3691205)   #78
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
I'm noticing that CTCRC are on Silverstone GP circuit same weekend as 'MG Live!', so assume they are joining in.....

Not sure if this constitutes all the MGCC Meetings, as only calendar I can find is for the 'Trophy' cars.

April 9th- Donington

April 29/30- Brands Indy

June 17/18- Silverstone GP (MG Live!)

July 8/9- Knockhill

September 2nd- Oulton Park

September 30th- Snetterton 200

Last edited by Mike Bell; 26 Nov 2016 at 19:42. Reason: Added dates
Old 26 Nov 2016, 21:40 (Ref:3691246)   #79
FWX
Racer

FWX should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by gary396 View Post
Bit of additional info re F2 races with the HSCC:

http://www.hscc.org.uk/hscc-media/2-...dule-announced
Does this mean the DBT won't be at the Gold Cup? Would seem a little redundant having them and the F2 there.
Old 27 Nov 2016, 00:20 (Ref:3691282)   #80
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
No, looks like you've got the weekend to yourself- so far!

Thanks.
I've no involvement with CTCRC - apart from picking up their FB posts.....

merely a conduit

what do you mean - "pipe down"?
Old 28 Nov 2016, 14:14 (Ref:3691778)   #81
Unit 2 Racing
Racer

United Kingdom
Ormesby St. Margaret, Norfolk UK
Unit 2 Racing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
There is a change to HSCC calendar

23rd September will now be held at Snetterton on the 200 circuit, NOT
Brands Indy circuit.

But I see in Richards earlier, post the 750MC are also at Snetterton on the
23rd September on the 300 circuit.

Traffic lights may be

There are people who drive racing cars and there are Racing Drivers. Gilles Villenuve
Old 28 Nov 2016, 16:09 (Ref:3691799)   #82
Alan Morgan
Veteran

Alan Morgan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think the 750MC meeting is moving to the Sunday.
Old 28 Nov 2016, 16:23 (Ref:3691804)   #83
Rudernst
Veteran

Germany
Hamburg
Rudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by FWX View Post
Does this mean the DBT won't be at the Gold Cup? Would seem a little redundant having them and the F2 there.

When HF2 ran at Brands Hatch, there were 2 seperate races for HF2 and DBT

so this could go either way

personally:
I love Oulton Park
but I wont race my F2 there
in my book too much car for this kind of track
and too little safety margin in some places

Rudolf
Old 28 Nov 2016, 17:11 (Ref:3691822)   #84
Rudernst
Veteran

Germany
Hamburg
Rudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I am getting old
meaning less flexible about changes.....

HF2 at Brands Hatch worked, for a number of reasons.
- track suited to the cars
- track near the ferry ports, easy access from continent for European entrants
- event as such large enough to support both DBT and HF2
me, personally, I doubt if it will work at Oulton Park as well

as organiser, I would have been reluctant to change something that works in this way, as there is a danger of damaging the event/series

then again, some people prefer to race at a different track, every now and again

and the Gold Cup can do with a shot in the arm to boost it
sad, but true

RuE
Old 28 Nov 2016, 17:14 (Ref:3691823)   #85
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudernst View Post
personally:
I love Oulton Park
but I wont race my F2 there
in my book too much car for this kind of track
and too little safety margin in some places

Rudolf
Then you certainly wouldn't have wanted to race there 50 odd years ago, when there no safety margins at all, and great big trees lined the track!
Old 28 Nov 2016, 17:16 (Ref:3691824)   #86
Rudernst
Veteran

Germany
Hamburg
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unit 2 Racing View Post
There is a change to HSCC calendar

23rd September will now be held at Snetterton on the 200 circuit, NOT
Brands Indy circuit.

But I see in Richards earlier, post the 750MC are also at Snetterton on the
23rd September on the 300 circuit.

Traffic lights may be
interesting change, this one....

event changed from one popular MSV track to a less popular more out the way MSV track

makes sense, once you figured it

I certainly would have gone to Brands
not sure about Snett,
more akward to get to
but its the 200, so perhaps tempting

RuE
Old 28 Nov 2016, 18:19 (Ref:3691841)   #87
Alan Morgan
Veteran

Alan Morgan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Whilst, on the surface, the switch to Snetterton may look like a strange decision; there were valid reasons behind it. Also, Brands Indy isn't universally liked. Like Thruxton, it seems to be much more popular with single seater drivers than sports or saloon car drivers.

On the subject of the Gold Cup, I think the plan is to have both DBT and F2 there (in separate races of course), which should be quite a spectacle.
Old 28 Nov 2016, 21:34 (Ref:3691887)   #88
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Morgan View Post
Whilst, on the surface, the switch to Snetterton may look like a strange decision; there were valid reasons behind it. Also, Brands Indy isn't universally liked. Like Thruxton, it seems to be much more popular with single seater drivers than sports or saloon car drivers.

On the subject of the Gold Cup, I think the plan is to have both DBT and F2 there (in separate races of course), which should be quite a spectacle.
One might observe that there are a few northerners who have cars available for both races. Assuming nothing changes over the off-season.

There might be a few Southerners too?

Probably not many Midlanders though. I can think of two.
Old 28 Nov 2016, 22:47 (Ref:3691910)   #89
Rudernst
Veteran

Germany
Hamburg
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Harte View Post
Then you certainly wouldn't have wanted to race there 50 odd years ago, when there no safety margins at all, and great big trees lined the track!

I would not have raced 50 years ago, not at Oulton and anywhere else, before the Stewart campaign, yes

I really love Oulton, I just respect it, never had an off there, and still won about half my trophies there

RuE
Old 30 Nov 2016, 14:26 (Ref:3692382)   #90
Rudernst
Veteran

Germany
Hamburg
HSCC Brands Indy versus Snetterton

I think the problem about the HSCC late September slot in general is.

The Goodwood Revival usually is 2nd weekend of September
usually followed the weekend after by Spa.

This forces the HSCC meeting towards the end of the month,
and that is very close to the Finals date

also many drivers, having done either Goodwood or Spa then tend to skip the HSCC in September to rejoin the train in October for the Finals.

i did just that for a long time

so that has been for a while a bit of a difficult one to get entries for

RuE
Old 30 Nov 2016, 14:53 (Ref:3692397)   #91
gary396
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northallerton
gary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I see that the 2017 British GP has just been pushed back a week to 16th July - don't know if this will have any impact on any historic events already announced. Few other F1 calendar changes as well.
Old 30 Nov 2016, 16:23 (Ref:3692421)   #92
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by gary396 View Post
I see that the 2017 British GP has just been pushed back a week to 16th July - don't know if this will have any impact on any historic events already announced. Few other F1 calendar changes as well.
None of the larger events we know about affected, Gary.

Something to do with the German GP being cancelled?
Old 30 Nov 2016, 16:40 (Ref:3692429)   #93
SJWBallistic
Rookie

SJWBallistic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The provisional 500 oWners Association circuit racing calendar has been released as follows:
Apr 22/23 Silverstone
June 10 Oulton Park
July 23 Cadwell Park
Aug 12 Mallory Park
Sep 16/17 Angouleme
Oct 7 Castle Combe

Hopefully Delta will be playing with us as often as possible

Travelling from the Midlands can anybody suggest best ferry route for visiting Angouleme that minimises driving through France - at the moment I am thinking Portsmount- Saint Malo

Stuart
Old 30 Nov 2016, 17:02 (Ref:3692439)   #94
gary396
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northallerton
gary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

The European GP in Baku (which might get called the Azerbaijan GP) is going back one-week to avoid a clash with the Le Mans 24 Hours. So, that means Austria, Britain and Hungary are all being pushed back a week and will now be on July 9, July 16 and July 30 respectively (as there will be no German GP on that last date now).

Credit source: Joe Saward
Old 30 Nov 2016, 17:06 (Ref:3692440)   #95
gary396
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northallerton
Quote:
Originally Posted by SJWBallistic View Post
The provisional 500 oWners Association circuit racing calendar has been released as follows:
Apr 22/23 Silverstone
June 10 Oulton Park
July 23 Cadwell Park
Aug 12 Mallory Park
Sep 16/17 Angouleme
Oct 7 Castle Combe
Excellent Stuart - that gives me some of the VSCC dates I've been waiting for as well, because I think the first four in your list are VSCC meetings aren't they?

I'm thinking of a trip to Angouleme next year instead of Spa - wish they had them on different weekends!
Old 30 Nov 2016, 18:15 (Ref:3692455)   #96
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by SJWBallistic View Post
Travelling from the Midlands can anybody suggest best ferry route for visiting Angouleme that minimises driving through France - at the moment I am thinking Portsmouth- Saint Malo

Stuart
Stuart, I accidentally used that route this spring going to Pau. Britney were having ferry problems and shuffled freight bookings about.....

Anyway, it worked very well for western France. Bit more expensive than Caen from memory, but less in tolls.
Old 30 Nov 2016, 18:41 (Ref:3692459)   #97
Geraint Owen
Racer

Geraint Owen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

I hate to disagree but I think this will force a change of date for Silverstone Classic. IIRC the GP contract books the circuit for several days before and after the GP. The only event that they allow to use the venue is Formula Student

If that exclusion is enforced then it is likely that the Classic will get bumped a week too. Meaning it will clash with Carfest North again this year. Damn. Although VSCC Shelsley Walsh, Chateaux Impney, Formula Student, Silverstone Classic, Carfest North would have been a lot of days in the motorhome in July
Old 30 Nov 2016, 20:02 (Ref:3692480)   #98
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Interesting! I was thinking that a week between the two could cause difficulties getting the place ready for the second event, but had not even thought that there could be contractual problems....

Will have to keep an eye on The Classic website!
Old 30 Nov 2016, 22:22 (Ref:3692526)   #99
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
I have been trying to sort out a date for the Stoke Row and Nuffield Race Car show . This change might just play into my hands .
Old 1 Dec 2016, 06:27 (Ref:3692616)   #100
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
I have been trying to sort out a date for the Stoke Row and Nuffield Race Car show . This change might just play into my hands .
There's no indication yet from Goose that the Classic is changing date. I've emailed Kirby to ask. Brit GP moving does give you the option of July 8/9th for the show, if it works for the other parties involved!