Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 18 Feb 2018, 19:58 (Ref:3802217)   #2401
JDMROB
Racer

JDMROB should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Bit of nostalgia having TOC and Chilton back together in Focus'!

Can't see it happening to be honest. TOC wouldn't have to move over this time though!......would he?
Old 18 Feb 2018, 20:05 (Ref:3802218)   #2402
btccbloke
Veteran

Wales
btccbloke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbtccbloke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDMROB View Post
Bit of nostalgia having TOC and Chilton back together in Focus'!

Can't see it happening to be honest. TOC wouldn't have to move over this time though!......would he?
TOC has done a lot of twitter liking about people telling him theres a seat spare at motorbase. Shredded Wheat have paid their sponsorship so wouldnt matter how many fireworks he sold this time round his Rockstar and Casio cash could see him through.

So heres a conspiracy, What if Mat Jackson was only ever a place holder after all!
Old 18 Feb 2018, 20:12 (Ref:3802219)   #2403
RED55
Racer

Sweden
Banbury
RED55 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by btccbloke View Post
TOC has done a lot of twitter liking about people telling him theres a seat spare at motorbase. Shredded Wheat have paid their sponsorship so wouldnt matter how many fireworks he sold this time round his Rockstar and Casio cash could see him through.

So heres a conspiracy, What if Mat Jackson was only ever a place holder after all!
There is no conspiracy , its simple business , Chilton brings a proper budget, so does Tordoff , they are not going to want to fund a drive for Matt , he has to bring the same as the others , hes had a decent time at motorbase , its just come to an end sooner than he expected , lets just hope the season brings the battle we are all anticipating including the teams and drivers
Old 18 Feb 2018, 20:34 (Ref:3802224)   #2404
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by RED55 View Post
There is no conspiracy , its simple business , Chilton brings a proper budget, so does Tordoff , they are not going to want to fund a drive for Matt , he has to bring the same as the others , hes had a decent time at motorbase , its just come to an end sooner than he expected , lets just hope the season brings the battle we are all anticipating including the teams and drivers
On that basis, does that mean any other driver they may hope to sign will also need to bring the same level of funding as TC and ST?
Old 18 Feb 2018, 20:36 (Ref:3802226)   #2405
btccbloke
Veteran

Wales
btccbloke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbtccbloke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
i think we all know it has nothing to do with sponsorship anyway before this kicks off again
Old 18 Feb 2018, 20:49 (Ref:3802229)   #2406
luckn002
Veteran

England
South England
luckn002 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
The MGs have looked quite smart the last few years in red and white, big step up from the mess of Jack Goffs livery at least
2016's was OK, but last year's was the most plain and boring on the grid. To be fair, most of the time they seemed to be missing most of their panels so I guess the livery didn't matter much anyway!

I would guess it'll look a bit like Hynes' 2014 livery, assuming it follows AmD's traditional red and black. In my opinion, the less white the better!
Old 18 Feb 2018, 20:52 (Ref:3802231)   #2407
luckn002
Veteran

England
South England
May not be entirely relevant but I've been meaning to ask for ages - what's the purpose of that little triangle sticker just below each car's windscreen strip?

(Hope this works) https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DWWG_IYW...jpg&name=large
Old 18 Feb 2018, 21:01 (Ref:3802234)   #2408
Pdh
Racer

Pdh should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPdh should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPdh should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
[QUOTE=luckn002;3802231]May not be entirely relevant but I've been meaning to ask for ages - what's the purpose of that little triangle sticker just below each car's windscreen strip

Most of the cars have screen protective films which a multi layer so the triangle help you pull each layer off easier
Old 18 Feb 2018, 21:01 (Ref:3802235)   #2409
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by luckn002 View Post
May not be entirely relevant but I've been meaning to ask for ages - what's the purpose of that little triangle sticker just below each car's windscreen strip?

(Hope this works) https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DWWG_IYW...jpg&name=large
The recovery system when they are being lifted onto the flatbeds.
Old 18 Feb 2018, 21:06 (Ref:3802237)   #2410
luckn002
Veteran

England
South England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pdh View Post
Most of the cars have screen protective films which a multi layer so the triangle help you pull each layer off easier
That makes sense - thanks
Old 18 Feb 2018, 21:32 (Ref:3802241)   #2411
porsche962fan
Veteran

porsche962fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craner Curves View Post
The recovery system when they are being lifted onto the flatbeds.
been brought into their natural habitat
Old 18 Feb 2018, 22:59 (Ref:3802252)   #2412
MagicBoy
Racer

United Kingdom
MagicBoy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pdh View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by luckn002 View Post
May not be entirely relevant but I've been meaning to ask for ages - what's the purpose of that little triangle sticker just below each car's windscreen strip

They're like helmet visor tear offs, but for windscreens.

Old 19 Feb 2018, 08:43 (Ref:3802315)   #2413
BobJones
Veteran

BobJones should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
The MGs have looked quite smart the last few years in red and white, big step up from the mess of Jack Goffs livery at least
One thing that always bugged me about the red and white MG livery was that not all of the red was the same shade of red. Small detail, irksome.
Old 19 Feb 2018, 09:12 (Ref:3802324)   #2414
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobJones View Post
One thing that always bugged me about the red and white MG livery was that not all of the red was the same shade of red. Small detail, irksome.
Are you referring to this scheme? I can't see any difference in the shades of red - which part are you referring to?

Old 19 Feb 2018, 10:17 (Ref:3802335)   #2415
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
touringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Well it appears the 3 motorbase cars are testing at brands hatch today..
Old 19 Feb 2018, 10:35 (Ref:3802338)   #2416
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Originally Posted by touringlegend View Post
Aren't we due to see Honda's 2018 launch today? Are they out testing too?
Old 19 Feb 2018, 10:39 (Ref:3802339)   #2417
RS67
Veteran

RS67 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by touringlegend View Post
Dave Newsham is at Brands Hatch too I think.

But I think he is there with his son Callum to take his ARDS.
Old 19 Feb 2018, 10:45 (Ref:3802341)   #2418
BobJones
Veteran

BobJones should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
Are you referring to this scheme? I can't see any difference in the shades of red - which part are you referring to?

In 2017, the rear bumper became a darker shade of red. Not crying about it, just nerding out over a livery. Once you see it, you can't unsee it.

Old 19 Feb 2018, 10:47 (Ref:3802344)   #2419
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
So, Motorbase have three cars testing. Do they have three drivers or just two?
Old 19 Feb 2018, 10:49 (Ref:3802345)   #2420
RS67
Veteran

RS67 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIVA GT View Post
So, Motorbase have three cars testing. Do they have three drivers or just two?
It is only supposed to be a shakedown so could just be 2.
Old 19 Feb 2018, 10:56 (Ref:3802347)   #2421
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Duo and espares on the transporter still...... What does this mean?!?
Old 19 Feb 2018, 10:58 (Ref:3802348)   #2422
Jiiiiiiim
Veteran

England
Devon
Jiiiiiiim should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by RS67 View Post
It is only supposed to be a shakedown so could just be 2.
It would be interesting to see if they have any ‘guests’ or potentially 3 drivers hitting the track. I recall a few years back James Cole was spotted testing with them before he was announced as joining them albeit it ended up being only half a season!
Old 19 Feb 2018, 11:05 (Ref:3802352)   #2423
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
touringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Stop it 😂
Old 19 Feb 2018, 11:19 (Ref:3802356)   #2424
aland
Veteran

Scotland
West Scotland
aland should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
it means that the trucks and their livery is not top priority, as long as they have tax, mot and all the other legal stuff artics need
Old 19 Feb 2018, 11:21 (Ref:3802357)   #2425
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobJones View Post
In 2017, the rear bumper became a darker shade of red. Not crying about it, just nerding out over a livery. Once you see it, you can't unsee it.

And now I'm stuck with seeing it! Eeeuuugghhh.

Was it connected to a sponsor's colour - or just a bad match?