Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 4 Dec 2003, 22:09 (Ref:804145)   #1
RacingManiac
Racer

RacingManiac should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
R&S MK III C Chassis Pics?

Does anybody have pictures of the chassis construction on the MK IIIC? To my knowledge the car is primarily tubular spaceframe, but with riveted/bonded in carbon panel to form a semi-monocoque of sort. Which seems to be a interesting way of going about making the monocoque. And it just so happen that our FSAE car is constructed the same way, which makes me want to see what it looks like when it is done by the pro....
Old 5 Dec 2003, 02:35 (Ref:804326)   #2
Patrick B
Racer

Canada
Canada
Patrick B should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Mikes got some up-

http://www.mulsannescorner.com/mkiiic-3.html

http://www.mulsannescorner.com/mkiiic-1.html
Old 5 Dec 2003, 02:56 (Ref:804333)   #3
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Tim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Mike does have some excellent images of the car on his site...

It is one of my favorite prototypes....I've been following what is happening at R&S for a number of years now, and I wish them great success with their DP program....

But I REALLY want them to make a "MkIII "D" to 2004 specs...

and if you go to their site www.rileyscott.com, click on the "Retrospective" article about the original Mk.IIIA...

I want the back of the "D" car to look like the one on the original "A" concept car..a nice aero touch to make a good-looking prototype look even better...

and read the article while you're at it...a good piece about a great prototype...

One American Open Wheel Series!
Old 5 Dec 2003, 03:19 (Ref:804341)   #4
RacingManiac
Racer

RacingManiac should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Funny to be pointed to Mike's site, one of the puc on the 2nd link with the front bodywork off was a pic of mine...lol...took it at Mosport in 2001.

I guess it would be hard to see a barebone chassis pic of any production racing car these days....I figured it might be cool to see a pic of the frame before the carbon paneling.....but that might be difficult...lol
Old 5 Dec 2003, 03:58 (Ref:804358)   #5
Patrick B
Racer

Canada
Canada
Patrick B should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by RacingManiac
[B]Funny to be pointed to Mike's site, one of the puc on the 2nd link with the front bodywork off was a pic of mine...lol...took it at Mosport in 2001.

Id like to see a "naked" MKIIIc also. Ive never seen any pics of it yet...
Old 5 Dec 2003, 04:13 (Ref:804362)   #6
IanGrohse
Racer

IanGrohse should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
YEah, I think I posted something about that when this site was first up! But I couldnt find much.