Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 16 Sep 2005, 18:52 (Ref:1409524)   #1
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Is Alfa factory team (Autodelta) confirmed for next season?
Old 16 Sep 2005, 19:03 (Ref:1409534)   #2
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
touringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE
Is Alfa factory team (Autodelta) confirmed for next season?

Monica Sipz is quoted in this weeks Autosport magazine as saying the chances of a works Alfa team next year is 50%.

She also stated that they will only run 2 Alfa 147's if they do continue for 2 years until a new model is available. As the 159 has been designated as luxury over being sporty this could well be the end of Alfa's WTCC involvement. Sipz also said that Fiat's concentration was now falling on the new Punto Rally car.

Also, if they're only running 2 cars...that means 2 drivers have to go. I did remember hearing a rumour about James Thomspon returning to the VX BTCC team next year.

I'm also going to split this thread as I feel it's worthy of some more discussion.
Old 16 Sep 2005, 21:14 (Ref:1409596)   #3
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by touringlegend
Monica Sipz is quoted in this weeks Autosport magazine as saying the chances of a works Alfa team next year is 50%.
Not good news....

Quote:
She also stated that they will only run 2 Alfa 147's if they do continue for 2 years until a new model is available. As the 159 has been designated as luxury over being sporty this could well be the end of Alfa's WTCC involvement. Sipz also said that Fiat's concentration was now falling on the new Punto Rally car.
The switch to the 147 was already made public earlier. The 147 and 156 are build on the same platform (or at least a lott of parts are the same). So to develop a 147 is much cheaper as developig a new 159 and I think there's no budget to develop a proper racing version. I have my doubts about the 'luxery' reason.
IMO: Alfa Romeo = sporty, Lancia = luxery and Fiat = cheap.

Quote:
Also, if they're only running 2 cars...that means 2 drivers have to go. I did remember hearing a rumour about James Thomspon returning to the VX BTCC team next year.
Thompson returning to VX was indeed mentioned in another topic.

Quote:
I'm also going to split this thread as I feel it's worthy of some more discussion.
It's a shame we have to discuss this topic....
Old 16 Sep 2005, 21:32 (Ref:1409605)   #4
Dani Filth
Race Official
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAATTTTTT !!!!!!!!
please tell me its not true
WTCC would not be the same without Alfa .. can't really see Seat/Ford/Chevy/... . really challenging BMW for real . race after race .

Ciao Marco
Old 16 Sep 2005, 21:34 (Ref:1409607)   #5
Hazard
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Hazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
If Alfa drop to a two car effort I wouldn't worry...

Seat will easily jump on the slack as they have a true shot at the title then with just BMW to overhaul. I'd expect them to jump to a permanant 4 car, maybe even 6 car operation - perhaps supported by secondary entrants like if not actually Oreca.

This would probably be at the expense of their BTCC operation of course.

Expect Thompson & Plato to be likely Seat riders, Farfus to be job hunting and Tarq's and Gio to remain at Alfa unless of course THEY want to leave...which is also quite likely.

Wouldn't be surprised to see Tarquini to make that return jump into a JAS Accord to be honest, if they can pick up factory money.
Old 18 Sep 2005, 15:08 (Ref:1410630)   #6
E46
Veteran

Spain
Zaragoza, Reino de Aragón
E46 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Italian web corsanews.it says Nordauto could be talking with SEAT for 2006. Are we looking the end of Alfa in WTCC? I don´t like (well, i hate) Alfa Romeo, but can´t think a WTCC without them.
Old 18 Sep 2005, 15:13 (Ref:1410632)   #7
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
It would be a shame if there will be no Alfa's next season. The results of SEAT are improving but they are not on the same level as BMW and Alfa so I am afraid it will be a walk over for BMW next season.

If Nordauto switches to SEAT who will pay the bills? SEAT Italy? I hope Tarquini, Giovanardi and Thompson will be in WTCC next season.
Old 18 Sep 2005, 15:14 (Ref:1410634)   #8
cybersdorf
Veteran

Austria
Vienna, Austria
cybersdorf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcybersdorf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Following today's races, I am tempted to say Good Riddance, Alfa. They make such wonderful cars yet their racing ethic is so poor.
Old 18 Sep 2005, 15:18 (Ref:1410635)   #9
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
Quote:
Originally Posted by cybersdorf
Following today's races, I am tempted to say Good Riddance, Alfa. They make such wonderful cars yet their racing ethic is so poor.
Like you said in the other topic. The factory BMW's are entered by different teams. It would be better if the Alfa's were entered by 2 different teams.
Old 19 Sep 2005, 06:42 (Ref:1411071)   #10
E46
Veteran

Spain
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE
If Nordauto switches to SEAT who will pay the bills? SEAT Italy?
SEAT Italy had an official car for Morbidelli in 2004, it could do sense. I would say Alessandro Balzan could have chances to drive a future SEAT Italy car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cybersdorf
They make such wonderful cars yet their racing ethic is so poor.
I agree.
Old 19 Sep 2005, 11:28 (Ref:1411260)   #11
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
BTW isn't Nordauto called N.Technology since a while?
Old 19 Sep 2005, 13:21 (Ref:1411339)   #12
Gabrio
Veteran

Gabrio should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGabrio should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Nordauto, N Technology, Alfacorse and Autodelta are all different names for the same structure.
Old 19 Sep 2005, 15:13 (Ref:1411438)   #13
Dani Filth
Race Official
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
after reading you post Gabrio i feel much better.. . i was expecting some apocapyptic news
joking
it would be a great loss for WTCC ..

Ciao Marco
Old 19 Sep 2005, 19:35 (Ref:1411642)   #14
alfan
Racer

Poland
Wroclaw, Poland
alfan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'll be a great loss for Touring Cars. You might hate or love this team, but Alfa has always been there...
Old 21 Sep 2005, 14:56 (Ref:1413147)   #15
kykiske
Racer

kykiske should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
WTCC just wouldn't be the same without Alfa vs BMW and the constant wrangling over regs, the pinching of the best drivers (Giovanardi's move to BMW for example) and the general all-out on track warfare that the rivalry brings.

I feel sorry for Thomo. Leaves VXR as BTCC champion for the chance of becoming a works driver on the world stage, only to have is drive pulled out from under him. Poor bloke!
Old 21 Sep 2005, 15:10 (Ref:1413151)   #16
alfan
Racer

Poland
Wroclaw, Poland
alfan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I've just find out, that Alfa Romeo has new boss - again... It's Antonio Baravalle ( Italian I think). Any news about his attitude to motorsport ? Gabrio maybe ?
Old 21 Sep 2005, 15:11 (Ref:1413152)   #17
Alfa Fan
Veteran

Alfa Fan has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by kykiske
I feel sorry for Thomo. Leaves VXR as BTCC champion for the chance of becoming a works driver on the world stage, only to have is drive pulled out from under him. Poor bloke!
He'll be able to get a drive in the BTCC again. His reputation is still strong in Britain, although interest in him has seriously declined. IMO, it was the worst move of his career. (Apart from maybe the abortive entry to the DTM with Abt in 2000)
Old 25 Oct 2005, 18:49 (Ref:1443264)   #18
hotwheels
Racer

hotwheels should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Italianracing says today that Alfa team is over for 2006.
Old 25 Oct 2005, 19:10 (Ref:1443274)   #19
E46
Veteran

Spain
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotwheels
Alfa Romeo 159 isn´t (wasn´t) easy to homologate. If it´s true, shocking new for WTCC.
Old 25 Oct 2005, 19:13 (Ref:1443276)   #20
Dani Filth
Race Official
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotwheels

.. so no motorsport program for Alfa Romeo in 2006 ???
any other source ?? ... Autosport ??

Ciao Marco
Old 25 Oct 2005, 19:22 (Ref:1443286)   #21
E46
Veteran

Spain
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dani Filth
any other source ?? ... Autosport ??
Sportautomoto is saying it.
Old 25 Oct 2005, 19:30 (Ref:1443294)   #22
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
If I am right there was or is a meeting about the WRC this week. Have they [FIA, manufacturers] given the green light to the rally version of S2000, which results in the fact that FIAT is focussing on the FIAT Punto S2000 rally project instead of the Alfa WTCC project?
Old 25 Oct 2005, 19:35 (Ref:1443296)   #23
Marcel ten Caat
Veteran

Netherlands
The Netherlands
Marcel ten Caat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMarcel ten Caat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Looks like WTCC is no longer a priority. FIA GT and WRC are with Maserati and FIAT.
Old 25 Oct 2005, 19:48 (Ref:1443303)   #24
kmchow
Veteran

kmchow should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Is this still a rumor or has it been made official??
Old 25 Oct 2005, 20:07 (Ref:1443317)   #25
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
Here's the Italiaracing.net article translated with Babelfish.

Tags
wtcc