Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 17 Jun 2000, 07:00 (Ref:17679)   #1
Gt_R
Veteran

Gt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid

An extract from Atlas F1 reads:
-The Jordan team have struggled with their Mugen-supplied engine this season and are currently fifth in the constructors' championship with nine points from seven races.
But Jordan said that his team were looking for a new engine supplier for next year so the Silverstone-based outfit could challenge the likes of McLaren and Ferrari.
Jordan said: "It is pretty clear from this season's results that you need a top-level engine to compete at the very top of Formula One.
"If you want a realistic chance of winning a world title then I think it's quite obvious that you need a major manufacturer.
"We are talking to a number of manufacturers and our partners Mugen are aware of that."
Jordan refused to comment on any specific engine suppliers but admitted it was likely that his team would end their association with Mugen.-

What does this signify? A direct relationship as a WORKS HONDA, or with another manufacturer...if the latter, who???

Old 17 Jun 2000, 07:09 (Ref:17681)   #2
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
Old Eddie is going to find it tough finding a great engine deal for next year but his best bet is a works Honda deal as it is looking more than likely that BAR are getting ready to do the bolt from F1 through their lack of sucess...Honda would have noticed the job Eddie has done with Mugen...winning a few races and often on the podium (maybe not this year) so i think his team would be highly rated by the Honda management and could be in with a real shot at it.
Old 17 Jun 2000, 10:28 (Ref:17687)   #3
F1FansClub
Racer

F1FansClub should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Honda

The boys from Honda will see that Jordan are a better outfit that BAR because...

i. More experience
ii. Better Car and
iii. Maybe even better drivers for the car.

Jordan should get a works engine from Hona but if they don't I'll be very surprised.

Ally
Old 17 Jun 2000, 10:56 (Ref:17690)   #4
fatbloke
Veteran

fatbloke should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think you lot are missing the obvious - Honda are going to buy out BAR very soon. OK, Jordan might get a works deal for a few years, but in the long run, they're gonna drop them in it like they did with Lotus and Williams, and scurry back to their own team...
Old 17 Jun 2000, 13:05 (Ref:17700)   #5
AL Racing
Racer

AL Racing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I agree with Fatbloke, but I hope they get Honda engines anyway. Peugeot should make an announsment in a couple of weeks about thier plans for next year, I wouldn't be suprised if the re-join with Jordan. All speculations...
Old 17 Jun 2000, 13:11 (Ref:17702)   #6
Tristan
Veteran

Tristan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It appears the deal has already been sorted, as I revealed in the "Villeneuve to Jordan" topic about a week ago!!

Honda are DEEPLY dissapointed about BAR's performance. When a Jordan-customer lapped one of his own cars, one of the leading heads (I forget his name) at Honda, present at the Monaco GP, apparently threw a wobbly!!!