Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 2 Feb 2003, 12:55 (Ref:493734)   #51
E46
Veteran

Spain
Zaragoza, Reino de Aragón
E46 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
TRG will win......
Old 2 Feb 2003, 13:03 (Ref:493744)   #52
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Is there anywhere on the WWW that I can find some semblance of updating?
Old 2 Feb 2003, 13:05 (Ref:493746)   #53
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Aysedasi
Is there anywhere on the WWW that I can find some semblance of updating?
Ayse,

http://grandamerican.vfx.com/Rolex/G...erican_800.asp
Old 2 Feb 2003, 13:14 (Ref:493752)   #54
E46
Veteran

Spain
Zaragoza, Reino de Aragón
E46 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Race notes come in useful also: www.grand-am.com/race_notes/notes28.html
Old 2 Feb 2003, 13:34 (Ref:493765)   #55
Brian W Keske
Racer

Brian W Keske should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by AdamAshmore
It seems (pit stops not with standing that the multimatic is catching the Racers Group car at about 1s a lap at the moment. It is 105s behind.
Not really. The Racers Group car is still laping in the same time range. In fact, the Ford DP just ran a 2 min+ lap and dropped back about 10 more seconds.

The point is, a true prototype should be doing laps well above that of the cars in the lowest class.

Why the heck even have the seperate classes?

Last edited by Brian W Keske; 2 Feb 2003 at 13:42.
Old 2 Feb 2003, 13:52 (Ref:493777)   #56
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally posted by rdjones
Ayse,

http://grandamerican.vfx.com/Rolex/G...erican_800.asp

Been there Rob but there's only a page of positions. Is there no live web-cam or web-radio anywhere?

(See you on VROC with your new wheel in a few minutes?)
Old 2 Feb 2003, 13:55 (Ref:493782)   #57
veeten
Veteran

United States
Temple Hills, Md.
veeten should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridveeten should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
and now, the Multimatic Ford is in again for throttle spring change. More laps & time lost to the TRG GT3S. I wonder if these teams will have the vibration problems solved by Homestead...

not to mention, the Calpont/Risi Ferrari 380GT will move closer, shame about the SRP-II falling out though...
Old 2 Feb 2003, 14:06 (Ref:493789)   #58
enemy-ace
Veteran

Canada
toronto, ontario, canada
enemy-ace should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by veeten
I wonder if these teams will have the vibration problems solved by Homestead...
I imagine they will but will there be anybody to care by then?
The Racer's Group porsche has a 7 lap lead now, barring any reliabilty issues I think they'll win this thing on pace!
I think I'll go watch Blue's Clues with my daughter.
A torrential afternoon practice session in Watkins Glen saw Villeneuve out-qualify everyone. By 11 seconds.Scheckter stated: "I scared myself rigid that day, I thought I had to be quickest. Then I saw Gilles's time and - I still don't really understand how it was possible. Eleven seconds !"
Old 2 Feb 2003, 14:11 (Ref:493793)   #59
Lee Janotta
Veteran

Lee Janotta should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
How'd Racer's Group get so good? In 2001, they were strictly a rent-a-racer service!
Old 2 Feb 2003, 15:22 (Ref:493819)   #60
Russfeld
Veteran

Russfeld should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A win is only as good as who you race against...
Plus Kevin has some factory drivers from Porsche AG

My current thoughts

--The guy flipping his car on the infield, who in their right mind letsa guy with only one eye race an enduro. Thats not exactly safe.

--Everytime the announcers say parity i hear parody

--Does Speedvision think we're stupid? Or do they juts like to insult us? Calvin Fish going on about the 'tire war' between Goodyear and Dunlop was a joke

--JC France, how does the biggest coke head in town, with only 4 races under his belt get a DP ride. Its not through family because the France clan have all but disowned him.
Old 2 Feb 2003, 15:30 (Ref:493825)   #61
gttouring
Veteran

gttouring should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The bulletproof GT porsche has finally come to its own, that's what i see, the DP's i had hope for until i saw them actually next to another car, they are bloated underpowered not prototypical in anyway they look like fat GTS cars like a mosler or something, they should have made this a truck or minivan class. G/A officials are beans, i just wish that now the Ferrari will catch up to the porsche to take it all, but what is it 6-7 laps down? That Porsche is incredible. its a GT!
Old 2 Feb 2003, 15:54 (Ref:493847)   #62
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
So a GT (or whatever you want to call it) Porsche is going to win Daytona? Is that serious?
Old 2 Feb 2003, 16:06 (Ref:493856)   #63
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
The lead DSP has just sliped from 2nd to 4th and we now have GT 1,2,3...........
Old 2 Feb 2003, 16:11 (Ref:493860)   #64
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Porsche, Ferrari, Porsche

Has the lead car slowed it's pace since the Multimatic (sounds like a washing machine ) Ford has dropped out of contention? I've been watching a few laps and it seems quite slow (but then they are 11 laps in the lead!)
Old 2 Feb 2003, 16:26 (Ref:493871)   #65
Brian W Keske
Racer

Brian W Keske should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
They are running about 8-10 seconds slower than when being 'pushed' earlier on.
Old 2 Feb 2003, 16:28 (Ref:493874)   #66
veeten
Veteran

United States
Temple Hills, Md.
veeten should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridveeten should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Man, I'd like to see a quick flash to the President's Skybox just to see Rodger's reaction to the state of affairs on the track presently.

Ah, the DSP's, Grand-AM's savior, the car that was going to bring racing back under control. After all of the machinations, the very same cars that race in all three series will now put the embarrassment to these overhyped rolling potatoes.
Old 2 Feb 2003, 16:32 (Ref:493879)   #67
Lee Janotta
Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by Russfeld
A win is only as good as who you race against...
Plus Kevin has some factory drivers from Porsche AG

My current thoughts

--The guy flipping his car on the infield, who in their right mind letsa guy with only one eye race an enduro. Thats not exactly safe.

--Everytime the announcers say parity i hear parody

--Does Speedvision think we're stupid? Or do they juts like to insult us? Calvin Fish going on about the 'tire war' between Goodyear and Dunlop was a joke

--JC France, how does the biggest coke head in town, with only 4 races under his belt get a DP ride. Its not through family because the France clan have all but disowned him.
#1: Eh... Can't be worse than the drivers with only half a brain, and there are hundreds of those around, even at the top levels of motorsport. But man, that a _great_ wreck!!!

#2: Yup... A parody of what multi-class endurance racing is supposed to be.

#3: Look at the amount of NASCAR in their programming schedule, or the moronic talking head performance of the panel during the F1 season review. I think you'll get your answer.

#4: Blood is thicker than water, and certainly thicker than the pitifully thin field.

Y'know, call me overly critical, but isn't it a bit cheeky of Red Bull to slap a great big American flag on the roof of a Picchio, built in Italy, with a German motor, and just the one American driver? Just... I dunno, seems a bit inappropriate. I don't like seeing patriotism being used so falsely for marketing purposes.

Maybe it's just me, but it feels like if we they stuck Jean Alesi in a Ferrari full of Italians and sponsored by Sony for LeMans, and put big blue, white and red stripes over the top. They'd get laughed out of the country.

Last edited by Lee Janotta; 2 Feb 2003 at 16:41.
Old 2 Feb 2003, 16:32 (Ref:493880)   #68
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Every lap is well over 2 minutes for the leader at the moment.
Old 2 Feb 2003, 16:37 (Ref:493883)   #69
Russfeld
Veteran

Russfeld should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Lee Janotta
#1: Eh... Can't be worse than the drivers with only half a brain, and there are hundreds of those around, even at the top levels of motorsport. But man, that a _great_ wreck!!!

You'd have a hard time getting licensed for an OW event with that handicap. Its literally more dangerous to try passing him on one side or the other.
Old 2 Feb 2003, 16:39 (Ref:493884)   #70
Lee Janotta
Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by Russfeld
You'd have a hard time getting licensed for an OW event with that handicap. Its literally more dangerous to try passing him on one side or the other.
This is true...
Old 2 Feb 2003, 16:41 (Ref:493887)   #71
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
There is a good battle going on for 2nd and 3rd in GTS between the 2 Molser, they have been running pretty close for the last couple of hours...........
Old 2 Feb 2003, 16:45 (Ref:493889)   #72
veeten
Veteran

United States
Temple Hills, Md.
hmmm...gives a whole new meaning to the phrase "blind spot", doesn't it?...
Old 2 Feb 2003, 17:12 (Ref:493912)   #73
veeten
Veteran

United States
Temple Hills, Md.
uhhh, correct me if i'm wrong, but does Panoz have any parts or sponsorship in the Multimatic DSP?

Otherwise, why does the car have a Panoz emblem on the front quarter fenders? Aren't they "the enemy" here?...
Old 2 Feb 2003, 17:42 (Ref:493935)   #74
cybersdorf
Veteran

Austria
Vienna, Austria
cybersdorf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcybersdorf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by veeten
Man, I'd like to see a quick flash to the President's Skybox just to see Rodger's reaction to the state of affairs on the track presently.

Ah, the DSP's, Grand-AM's savior, the car that was going to bring racing back under control. After all of the machinations, the very same cars that race in all three series will now put the embarrassment to these overhyped rolling potatoes.
Err, you are forgetting that a DSP will win the DSP class! (No that wasn't sure at all because we didn't know whether there would be a DSP class left at the end of the race) - This will no doubt be hailed as the Greatest Victory In The History Of Endurance Racing At The World Center Of Racing!

Be afraid, ACO - The New Age has arrived.
Old 2 Feb 2003, 18:09 (Ref:493953)   #75
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by cybersdorf
Be afraid, ACO - The New Age has arrived.
Yes indeed !

Let's cheer The Racer Group for this - GT race - victory, but we can see here the difference between ALMS/LM and GrandAm... consternating result for DP... well IMHO..TV ?

I followed on the net, but how was the show for fans on the track or on TV ?

I Hope something widely more interresting at Sebring...

Last edited by Fab; 2 Feb 2003 at 18:13.