Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 29 Mar 2015, 19:01 (Ref:3521553)   #251
wolfhound
Veteran

Ireland
wolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
After all the changes at Ferrari last year it is a pleasant surprise to see them right at the sharp end of the field. I for one thought it would take a lot longer to win a GP after all the blood letting.
Old 30 Mar 2015, 06:29 (Ref:3521744)   #252
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
A quite unbelievable turnaround, yes.
Old 20 Apr 2015, 23:20 (Ref:3529506)   #253
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
had to bump this because i have absolutely been loving everything about how Ferrari are behaving and preforming these days and it just seems to be getting better with every race.

with Arrivabene in charge, anytime i see the team talk they come across as just a much happier more balanced group of people. even Kimi seems to be having fun.

was Luca such a dark cloud, was it Alonso, or one of the others who got dismissed? it certainly feels like new leadership has brought them back from being the angry lot they have been for the last several years.
Old 20 Apr 2015, 23:25 (Ref:3529507)   #254
wolfhound
Veteran

Ireland
wolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
had to bump this because i have absolutely been loving everything about how Ferrari are behaving and preforming these days and it just seems to be getting better with every race.

with Arrivabene in charge, anytime i see the team talk they come across as just a much happier more balanced group of people. even Kimi seems to be having fun.

was Luca such a dark cloud, was it Alonso, or one of the others who got dismissed? it certainly feels like new leadership has brought them back from being the angry lot they have been for the last several years.
I think some of the changes came before Arrivabane, in Mattiacci's time although I can't see him getting credit for them.

( What happened to him he seams to have dissapeared completely off the radar? )
Old 21 Apr 2015, 00:41 (Ref:3529517)   #255
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:

Glad you did, plus one here, its good to see Ferrari as a happy place!
Old 21 Apr 2015, 21:56 (Ref:3529840)   #256
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnut View Post
Glad you did, plus one here, its good to see Ferrari as a happy place!
Does Kimi really seem any different?!

When chilli says he seems happier, that must mean his driving, not his demeanor!
Old 21 Apr 2015, 22:27 (Ref:3529845)   #257
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer View Post

When chilli says he seems happier, that must mean his driving, not his demeanor!
He did smile once this year!

I do think that Ferrari is now less a pool of piranhas and more collegiate than what it was before, and then there is Vettel who is Kimi's friend, so that has to be a happier pairing than that with Fred.
Mattiaci is a far more straight forward individual than the previous incumbent one removed and has acknowledged that the culture was terrible, and is actively trying to build a team rather than a bunch of individuals arranging palace coups.

Then as you say the results have improved.

All up it has to be happier place!
Old 22 Apr 2015, 15:23 (Ref:3530032)   #258
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer View Post

lol. it is hard to tell from his demeanor what his mood is but i did mean both in terms of driving and demeanor. as wnut said its combination of things all adding up that makes me think this as well.

which one is more out of character (or the public character we have come to know), a pic of him with his kid or of him reading a magazine about himself? surely the kimi of old was above such pedestrian concerns.

Last edited by chillibowl; 22 Apr 2015 at 15:29.
Old 22 Apr 2015, 16:35 (Ref:3530051)   #259
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Ferrari are far from winning a championship just yet, but there's at least a sense of unity and direction in the team.

Maurizio Arrivabene seems like a top bloke.

I could even imagine myself becoming a bit of a Ferrari fan for the first time under his leadership!

It's also good to see the Ferrari much kinder on its tyres than was the case last year when it was the opposite. Just how many hot Grands Prix are there for Ferrari to exploit this? Can they make them work in a wider temperature window?

It all makes me wonder why Alonso left. I've seen stuff written about him falling out of favour with people in the team - would that happen to such a relentless, reliably fast driver? If that wasn't the case, I'm guessing he just had no expectations of such a year by them so far this year, because is Honda really that much of a lure?
Old 24 Apr 2015, 14:27 (Ref:3530493)   #260
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
he really does seem like a top bloke, old school even. for the first time in close to a decade they seem like a proper racing team.

wolfhound, how much did Mattiacci influence things? was he in there to do the hard choices, make some hard personnel decisions, and then went on his way?
Old 24 Apr 2015, 17:42 (Ref:3530558)   #261
wolfhound
Veteran

Ireland
Quote:
wolfhound, how much did Mattiacci influence things? was he in there to do the hard choices, make some hard personnel decisions, and then went on his way?
Mattiacci was involved in Alonso leaving, the arrival of Vettel and also seems to have started the change process that Arrivabane picked up as people left very quickly after his arrival. I doubt he would have been able to do it so well without some of the changes being already in the pipeline. Arrivabane had to have people within Ferrari who he trusted to do what he did so quickly. In my view there had to be some plan before Arrivabane arrived for everything to happen so quickly and so effectively.
Old 7 May 2015, 21:33 (Ref:3535267)   #262
F1Pete
Veteran

Canada
Sudbury, Ontario, Canada
F1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridF1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Here's a link to the new changes for the car. I didn't want to start a new thread just to show some pics. Someone told me 70% of the components are new. Seems pretty radical, but whatever.....take it for what it's worth.

Hopefully, they have made a step up on the Mercs.

http://imgur.com/a/BcOoX#0
Old 7 May 2015, 23:27 (Ref:3535301)   #263
wnut
Veteran

Here is a complete surprise from DeGorgonzola:

http://www.pitpass.com/53793/Sour-gr...om-Montezemolo
Old 26 Jun 2015, 02:08 (Ref:3553986)   #264
canamman
Veteran

United States
canamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Kimi will need a couple of podiums to save his job if he wants
to be back at Ferrari next year. Just not sure its gonna happen.
Will be interesting to watch the remainder of the season.
Old 1 Jul 2015, 01:22 (Ref:3555079)   #265
daallo
Rookie

Mexico
Mexico
daallo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I don't now how much it means but yesterday Luis DÃ*az Tweeted that Esteban Gutiérrez will be promoted to "the main team", "remember this message"...
Old 2 Jul 2015, 00:36 (Ref:3555300)   #266
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by daallo View Post
I don't now how much it means but yesterday Luis DÃ*az Tweeted that Esteban Gutiérrez will be promoted to "the main team", "remember this message"...
As what ?
Old 3 Jul 2015, 04:03 (Ref:3555532)   #267
wnut
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremySmith View Post
As what ?

Very good! Thanks Jeremy!
Old 3 Jul 2015, 12:30 (Ref:3555603)   #268
spider
Veteran

England
London
spider should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridspider should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremySmith View Post
As what ?
Official Ferrari F1 Team sponsor
Old 3 Jul 2015, 22:43 (Ref:3555704)   #269
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Gutierrez was rather mediocre at Sauber. Vergne would be a much better bet if it was all about talent. A pity about Jules Bianchi, who was due to go there next year after a year with Sauber.
Old 3 Jul 2015, 23:29 (Ref:3555708)   #270
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Kimi out before end of season with Gutierrez as replacement for remainder of 2015? Then depending on how Gutierrez does, either keep him or bring in Bottas for 2016?

Richard
Old 4 Jul 2015, 01:34 (Ref:3555715)   #271
daallo
Rookie

Mexico
Mexico
daallo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Not sure. Maybe for the Mexican Grand Prix? But I doubt so. Honestly I don't even think he will be promoted but just reporting the Twit haha.