Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Closed Thread

Old 16 Oct 2014, 10:26 (Ref:3465568)   #251
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
Is the Infinity FWD or RWD?
Old 16 Oct 2014, 10:37 (Ref:3465572)   #252
porsche962fan
Veteran

porsche962fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
who will drive

pay drivers or enough budget to get star drivers ?
Old 16 Oct 2014, 10:39 (Ref:3465573)   #253
touring fan01
Veteran

touring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtouring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtouring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
autosport magazine says it is q50 for next year but will be the q30 in 2016 which is the same car underneath as the benz a-class.
Old 16 Oct 2014, 10:40 (Ref:3465574)   #254
touring fan01
Veteran

touring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtouring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtouring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by porsche962fan View Post
who will drive

pay drivers or enough budget to get star drivers ?
if you read the info it tells you all that
Old 16 Oct 2014, 10:41 (Ref:3465576)   #255
Bramzel
Veteran

Netherlands
Apeldoorn, The Netherlands
Bramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodemo View Post
Roadcar is AWD or RWD, so I guess they'll run them RWD.
Old 16 Oct 2014, 10:43 (Ref:3465577)   #256
porsche962fan
Veteran

missed that bit

well Hawken is a pay driver and dunno about Plamer

My guess this 'works' team will be at the back of the grid for 1st season half so IMO I'm not that exited about them the staus quo will remain the same in 1st half of grid
Old 16 Oct 2014, 10:49 (Ref:3465580)   #257
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bramzel View Post
Hmm, Plato will be pleased.
Old 16 Oct 2014, 11:08 (Ref:3465585)   #258
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
status quo will remain the same in 1st half of grid
Rick Parfitt junior is racing?!

It's a classy big car the Q50, hopefully not too big in terms of performance. I'm very surprised at them allowing a small team with unknown drivers (to the vast majority of viewers) represent their brand like this.
Old 16 Oct 2014, 11:17 (Ref:3465590)   #259
Bramzel
Veteran

Netherlands
Bramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craner Curves View Post
It's a classy big car the Q50, hopefully not too big in terms of performance.
To my surprise its actually marginally shorter than the Passat CC.
Old 16 Oct 2014, 11:19 (Ref:3465592)   #260
Bramzel
Veteran

Netherlands
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodemo View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bramzel View Post
I was a bit too quick on that one it seems:

Quote:
There has been debate recently about the parity between front-wheel-drive and rear-wheel-drive machinery, although Palmer says the new Infiniti Q50 is “undecided as of yet” as to whether it will be front or rear-wheel-drive.

“There is quite a big debate over what will happen as of yet,” Palmer said. “It’s a very difficult thing to balance, obviously the RWD cars are better off the start, even with the longer first gear, the period where RWD is weakest is in the first couple of laps because they don’t get their tyres up to temperature and as it starts to balance out the tyres come on and the RWD become quicker.

“Looking at the stats, MG have won a lot of races this year. West Surrey Racing and BMW have got that car sorted out, Rob Austin has the Audi and he’s been competitive but not to the same level as the BMW. Turkington’s really got the best out of the car this year, the guy is a class act. I think maybe take more focus off the RWD and look at how good a job he’s done to be fair to him. I understand the concerns for both sides, from our side it’s not been released yet but whatever our car is we’ll be happy with it and we’ll endeavour to make it quick.
Source: http://www.touringcartimes.com/2014/...-paras-racing/
Old 16 Oct 2014, 12:08 (Ref:3465597)   #261
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
European Capital of Culture 2008
steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!
I expect RWD cars to be held back next year by extra ballast, or boost changes, or an even longer 1st gear (even though the very best FWD car seemed as good as the very best RWD by the end of the season).

I guess any new team is best waiting to see what they do about that before committing to FWD or RWD (assuming they have the choice).
Old 16 Oct 2014, 12:14 (Ref:3465600)   #262
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Quote:
well Hawken is a pay driver and dunno about Plamer
Derek Palmer Jr is the son of Derek Palmer Sr (obviously), who will be running the team. Palmer Sr has prior BTCC history as it was his team (Pro Motorsport) that ran Colin Blair and later David Leslie in the Nissan Primera in 1999, the same car that Jr has been driving in recent years.

The team were also behind the Flower of Scotland land speed record car.
Old 16 Oct 2014, 13:27 (Ref:3465616)   #263
porsche962fan
Veteran

again not too exited about them

a team with no BTCC pedigree and drivers who never raced in BTCC either

a serious manufacturer would have made a partnership with an existing team ala 888, Motorbase etc and got high caliber experienced drivers who can do development work like Mat Jackson, Gio , Jordan, Menu etc

this looks like an half heartet effort for a supposed manufacturer entry, again they might be OK as a midfield privateer team but NOT as manufacturer entrey
Old 16 Oct 2014, 13:48 (Ref:3465621)   #264
psq43
Veteran

psq43 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
While this is very good news in terms of two new additions to the grid, it's probably going to be one of those sub-manufacturer entries, like AON was and the MGs. Manufacturer entry on paper, funds from elsewhere.
Old 16 Oct 2014, 14:06 (Ref:3465624)   #265
Adamcas87
Racer

England
Old hairpin
Adamcas87 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAdamcas87 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I don't see many manufactures jumping at the chance to enter the world touring car championship, so BTCC should be pleased that they have new manufacture on the grid and a new team and a new driver pairing
Old 16 Oct 2014, 14:28 (Ref:3465628)   #266
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
The NGTC specification cars will be based on the Q50 model and Infiniti will be supporting and endorsed by the project, ‘its not a works team, we are not using that term, we at Infiniti are sponsors, just as we are with Red Bull’ a Senior Marketing Executive stated at the cars launch in London.
http://www.racecar-engineering.com/n...-btcc-in-2015/
Old 16 Oct 2014, 14:41 (Ref:3465633)   #267
pimmy
Veteran

England
Witney
pimmy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
TBH, it sounds a bit underwhelming. The team hasn't raced at this level for well over a decade, and they weren't really that good then; and the drivers haven't done much in the way of professional racing.
Old 16 Oct 2014, 15:08 (Ref:3465639)   #268
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
But this truly vindicates the NGTC rules. I predict a boost assisted reverse grid win at brands gp next October
Old 16 Oct 2014, 15:21 (Ref:3465641)   #269
davyboy
Veteran

davyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by pimmy View Post
TBH, it sounds a bit underwhelming. The team hasn't raced at this level for well over a decade, and they weren't really that good then; and the drivers haven't done much in the way of professional racing.
Underwhelming ? It's a new marque with two new cars, a new team and two new drivers. Surely that's good news for the series, no ?
Old 16 Oct 2014, 15:22 (Ref:3465642)   #270
Andrew Abbott
Racer

England
Shrewsbury
Andrew Abbott should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adamcas87 View Post
I don't see many manufactures jumping at the chance to enter the world touring car championship, so BTCC should be pleased that they have new manufacture on the grid and a new team and a new driver pairing
You seem to forget that this year Citroën joined and last year was Honda's first as a full manufacturer entry. One per year for the past two seasons. There are also rumoured to be two more considering entries in the next couple of years. Maybe not as bad as you think.
Old 16 Oct 2014, 15:47 (Ref:3465649)   #271
Biscuits In A Red Bull
Veteran

United Kingdom
Biscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBiscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
All we need is for that Civic Type R to be confirmed for both Honda and Pirtek, new BMW 3-series' to be confirmed at Motorbase (with JP ending up there), and we're sorted.

Happy and pleasantly surprised that Infiniti have entered, although not too excited about the drivers or team. I thought Tordoff was hinting at him being a driver! Maybe he's off to 888s supposed Blancpain efforts next season. And surely they'd get one proven package in the car - a driver like Tordoff, Goff, Newsham, etc would surely be an asset...
Old 16 Oct 2014, 15:50 (Ref:3465650)   #272
davyboy
Veteran

davyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biscuits In A Red Bull View Post
Maybe he's off to 888s supposed Blancpain efforts next season. And surely they'd get one proven package in the car - a driver like Tordoff, Goff, Newsham, etc would surely be an asset...
Tordoff appeared to be pretty peed off with 888 by the end of the year. I'd be surprised if he doesn't take his money elsewhere. I think 'income' rather than 'asset' is a better description - Tordoff is a good source, Newsham to a lesser extent and and Goff lesser again.
Old 16 Oct 2014, 16:01 (Ref:3465656)   #273
Biscuits In A Red Bull
Veteran

United Kingdom
Biscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBiscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by davyboy View Post
Tordoff Sr appeared to be pretty peed off with 888 by the end of the year.
I think that's more accurate.

I understand your point though. But all of the drivers I mentioned have decent backing at the least, and talent.
Old 16 Oct 2014, 16:10 (Ref:3465660)   #274
porsche962fan
Veteran

wasn't Tordoff rumored in talks with WSR ???
Old 16 Oct 2014, 16:12 (Ref:3465661)   #275
porsche962fan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biscuits In A Red Bull View Post
All we need is for that Civic Type R to be confirmed for both Honda and Pirtek, new BMW 3-series' to be confirmed at Motorbase (with JP ending up there), and we're sorted.

Happy and pleasantly surprised that Infiniti have entered, although not too excited about the drivers or team. I thought Tordoff was hinting at him being a driver! Maybe he's off to 888s supposed Blancpain efforts next season. And surely they'd get one proven package in the car - a driver like Tordoff, Goff, Newsham, etc would surely be an asset...
we also need something to be done about the boost system, or just remove it alltogether

no a single Honda driver being even in contention for the title come last round is something really pathetic regarding regulations
Closed Thread