Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 13 Jan 2010, 13:06 (Ref:2612721)   #26
Parramatta_Power
Rookie

Australia
You Know, You Know...
Parramatta_Power should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atle Gulbrandsen View Post
What's the AT-class?

I raced against the Sciroccos in SP3T last year, and wonders if they will be back in that class.

Atle Gulbrandsen
www.atlegulbrandsen.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed-King View Post
I think Paramattza Power is refering to the natural gas driven Sciroccos in the AT class for Turbocharged cars running on Alternative fuels.
Yeah, thats the one, a class with mix of Diesel powered machines. Alte Gulbrandsen, I have to ask, whats the "Green Hell" a.k.a Nurburgring like other than being an incredible challenge???

Quote:
Originally Posted by nemanjas View Post
Yup, Scirocco GT24 is pretty good. But full factory support, factory drivers that also adds a great deal of performance. OPC supported two Phoenix Astras in 2008, and they did pretty well, also. For a 3T class, anyways.

They should let loose GT2 class or exclude it completely. Choking GT2's to enable GT3 class fighting chance for overall is pointless - IMHO.
It brings out the vehicles true competitive edge, to the point it was not far off the GT3 cars Lap Times. I guess VW see it as a great promotional tool for the new model and it sure as hell is (at the moment) a success. I agree, performance balancing(another term for making faster cars Heavier, Less Efficient, Less Competitive and therefore Slower) is a pain. It shouldn't be the teams with more agile vehicles who have to pick up the slack. They have a more loose interpretation of it in the Dubai 24 Hour but since no GT2 Cars enter the race, they haven't used it yet.

Last edited by Parramatta_Power; 13 Jan 2010 at 13:13.
Old 13 Jan 2010, 20:22 (Ref:2612936)   #27
Dead-Eye
Veteran

Estonia
Dead-Eye should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDead-Eye should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by nemanjas View Post
They should let loose GT2 class or exclude it completely. Choking GT2's to enable GT3 class fighting chance for overall is pointless - IMHO.
That's the point. I'm pretty sure they want to get rid of GT2 eventually and make GT3 the top class, but they want to give the teams that purchased an RSR for a lot of money a chance to use it a while longer.
Old 13 Jan 2010, 23:43 (Ref:2613059)   #28
Atle Gulbrandsen
Rookie

Norway
Oslo, Norway
Atle Gulbrandsen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
To answer your question. The Nordschleife is an incredible challenge. As most know this circuit is one of a kind. It's by far the best race track in the world today.

It's not common to race all the races in a championship at the same track, but as long as it is the Nordschleife that's ok. Sometimes it's a bit boring to stay in the same hotel and eat at the same restaurants 6-7 times a year, but the track never gets boring.
Old 17 Jan 2010, 01:52 (Ref:2614479)   #29
Oldtony
Veteran

Australia
Gold Coast Australia
Oldtony should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridOldtony should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridOldtony should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridOldtony should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
The BMW Hungary Efficiency BMW 120d scored an incredible result at Dubai.
What is the spec on that unit and how much BMW factory support did it have?
Anyone know if it fits VLN elligibilty, and if so what clas, and are they liable to enter the Nr24?
Old 21 Jan 2010, 07:22 (Ref:2616773)   #30
Atle Gulbrandsen
Rookie

Norway
Oslo, Norway
Atle Gulbrandsen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
About the 120d. I think it could do the Nurburgring24.

It's some interesting news at www.vln.de at the moment about Porsche factory drivers at the 'Ring, and some meetings with the new boss.
Old 21 Jan 2010, 17:09 (Ref:2617033)   #31
NightStalk3r
Veteran

United Kingdom
Wiltshire, England
NightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridNightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Manthey are done with the RSR now, the main crew will run in a GT3 R for 2010.
Old 21 Jan 2010, 18:47 (Ref:2617089)   #32
GT2-R
Racer

GT2-R should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightStalk3r View Post
Manthey are done with the RSR now, the main crew will run in a GT3 R for 2010.
Too bad we won't see their RSR anymore. It was such a magnificent car!
Old 21 Jan 2010, 19:55 (Ref:2617134)   #33
GrayWolf
Racer

Bulgaria
Sofia, Bulgaria
GrayWolf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It's understandable, the GT3 R is the better and the faster car.
Old 22 Jan 2010, 06:57 (Ref:2617328)   #34
Spyderman
Veteran

Mozambique
Mozambique
Spyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
What?! - The GT3R replaces the GT3 Cup S not the GT3RSR.
If it is quicker it is only because the RSR's were castrated under the "new" rules.
Old 22 Jan 2010, 08:41 (Ref:2617342)   #35
Parramatta_Power
Rookie

Australia
You Know, You Know...
Parramatta_Power should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atle Gulbrandsen View Post
To answer your question. The Nordschleife is an incredible challenge. As most know this circuit is one of a kind. It's by far the best race track in the world today.

It's not common to race all the races in a championship at the same track, but as long as it is the Nordschleife that's ok. Sometimes it's a bit boring to stay in the same hotel and eat at the same restaurants 6-7 times a year, but the track never gets boring.
Thanks for the reply. I honestly don't buy racing Games anymore if they do not have the Nurburgring Nordschleife as a track featured in the game. The track is that addictive in the virtual world and I see it is for you in the Real world as well. Are there any updates on the entry list for the 2010 Event by the way??? I'm hoping to see a slightly larger grid than last Year's 170 or so... It was a drop from the previous editions of the event.
Old 22 Jan 2010, 16:05 (Ref:2617603)   #36
NightStalk3r
Veteran

United Kingdom
Wiltshire, England
NightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridNightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyderman View Post
What?! - The GT3R replaces the GT3 Cup S not the GT3RSR.
If it is quicker it is only because the RSR's were castrated under the "new" rules.
The GT3 R has 480hp and is a fair bit lighter, even under ACO and FIA regulations the GT3 R is faster.
Old 22 Jan 2010, 17:01 (Ref:2617634)   #37
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
cmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
The GT3 R has 480hp and is a fair bit lighter, even under ACO and FIA regulations the GT3 R is faster.
The GT3R is not legal under ACO regulations, so I am puzzled how that could be the case.

Under the current VLN regulations, the Cup S and R are surely faster than the RSR, that much is certain.
Old 22 Jan 2010, 18:05 (Ref:2617670)   #38
NightStalk3r
Veteran

United Kingdom
Wiltshire, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmk View Post
The GT3R is not legal under ACO regulations, so I am puzzled how that could be the case.

Under the current VLN regulations, the Cup S and R are surely faster than the RSR, that much is certain.
Im saying the RSR under ACO, FIA regulations is still slower than the GT3 R
Old 23 Jan 2010, 20:18 (Ref:2618229)   #39
Spyderman
Veteran

Mozambique
Mozambique
Spyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I'm having difficulty buying that as it is based on international GT3 regulations.
"The new Porsche 911 GT3 R, delivered to customers ready-to-race, replaces the 911 GT3 Cup S in Porsche Motorsports’ model range. The 911 GT3 R will be raced in series based on international FIA GT3 regulations. In developing the vehicle, the emphasis was placed on improving driveability and making handling easier." - Porsche
Old 23 Jan 2010, 20:28 (Ref:2618237)   #40
NightStalk3r
Veteran

United Kingdom
Wiltshire, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyderman View Post
I'm having difficulty buying that as it is based on international GT3 regulations.
"The new Porsche 911 GT3 R, delivered to customers ready-to-race, replaces the 911 GT3 Cup S in Porsche Motorsports’ model range. The 911 GT3 R will be raced in series based on international FIA GT3 regulations. In developing the vehicle, the emphasis was placed on improving driveability and making handling easier." - Porsche
GT3 R
480 bhp
1,200 kg

RSR
450 bhp
1,220kg

Add to that a friend of mine who is a Porsche Works driver and has done many thousand km in the GT3 R already and has told me that the GT3 R is quicker than the RSR.
Old 23 Jan 2010, 22:57 (Ref:2618300)   #41
AndrewF31
Veteran

Canada
Spain
AndrewF31 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAndrewF31 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The VLN site says Manthey is running the GT3 R this year in replacement of the Cup S:

"In contrast to the Cup-S, the winning car in 2009 for the first time, the new race car from Zuffenhausen stands for a better handling with an automatic double-clutch and an optimized suspension. This attracted a lot of attention in many VLN teams – there is a big interest in this GT3 R racing car."

This is in reference to the car Dumas, Bernhard, Tiemann and Leib drove, but I was under the impression it was an RSR?

Seems Uwe Alzen will be one of the Schnitzer BMW drivers. Any other names for the VLN / Nurburgring effort? Priaulx, Jorg Muller, Farfus?
Old 23 Jan 2010, 23:42 (Ref:2618313)   #42
Nick88
Rookie

Nick88 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
GT3 R
480 bhp
1,200 kg

RSR
450 bhp
1,220kg

Add to that a friend of mine who is a Porsche Works driver and has done many thousand km in the GT3 R already and has told me that the GT3 R is quicker than the RSR.
LIES! He doesn't know anyone :P :P
Old 24 Jan 2010, 00:01 (Ref:2618322)   #43
NightStalk3r
Veteran

United Kingdom
Wiltshire, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick88 View Post
LIES! He doesn't know anyone :P :P
Quiet Rowland
Old 24 Jan 2010, 00:37 (Ref:2618331)   #44
NightStalk3r
Veteran

United Kingdom
Wiltshire, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewF31 View Post
This is in reference to the car Dumas, Bernhard, Tiemann and Leib drove, but I was under the impression it was an RSR?
It was and is the car the GT3 R is replacing.
Old 24 Jan 2010, 12:29 (Ref:2618531)   #45
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
The VLN site says Manthey is running the GT3 R this year in replacement of the Cup S:

"In contrast to the Cup-S, the winning car in 2009 for the first time, the new race car from Zuffenhausen stands for a better handling with an automatic double-clutch and an optimized suspension. This attracted a lot of attention in many VLN teams – there is a big interest in this GT3 R racing car."

Seems Uwe Alzen will be one of the Schnitzer BMW drivers. Any other names for the VLN / Nurburgring effort? Priaulx, Jorg Muller, Farfus?
Augusto Farfus
Andy Priaulx
Jörg Müller
Dirk Müller
Dirk Adorf
Dirk Werner
Uwe Alzen
Old 24 Jan 2010, 13:00 (Ref:2618545)   #46
rsr
Rookie

Belgium
Belgium
rsr should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Of course the r is quicker than the rsr, because it is not built to any regulations. Its not any revelation.

But when the FIA balance it to the other GT3 cars it will be slower. Simple

Quote:
GT3 R
480 bhp
1,200 kg

RSR
450 bhp
1,220kg

Old 24 Jan 2010, 14:08 (Ref:2618575)   #47
AndrewF31
Veteran

Canada
Spain
AndrewF31 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAndrewF31 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
It was and is the car the GT3 R is replacing.
Then the VLN article is wrong, cus it says the 2009 winning car was a Cup S.
The Nurburgring 24 hour site says RSR so I'm gonna go with a typo.
It probably confuses them sometimes, since some of Manthey's cars are Cup S and others are RSRs.

And, FIRE, Dirk will only race the 24 hours then since he's already committed to Rahal?
Werner was driving a Porsche in Grand-Am last year, right? Glad to see him returning to real sportscar racing
Old 24 Jan 2010, 14:39 (Ref:2618589)   #48
Dead-Eye
Veteran

Estonia
Dead-Eye should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDead-Eye should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Then the VLN article is wrong, cus it says the 2009 winning car was a Cup S.
The Nurburgring 24 hour site says RSR so I'm gonna go with a typo.
It probably confuses them sometimes, since some of Manthey's cars are Cup S and others are RSRs.
Not at all. The VLN site is naturally talking about VLN, not the 24h. And in VLN the Cup S did win a race last year.
Old 24 Jan 2010, 22:17 (Ref:2618808)   #49
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
cmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Im saying the RSR under ACO, FIA regulations is still slower than the GT3 R
Yeah, as an apples to oranges comparison, especially given the R hasn't undergone FIA performance balancing yet as rsr mentioned, this is very believable to me. I wager that if you let both cars off the leash completely so the RSR was not so choked on power, its aero should come to the fore. Then again, that might not be the case, in which case I do continue to have concerns about where GT3 is going if a new GT3 can dust a GT2 that easily before performance regulation!
Old 28 Jan 2010, 01:35 (Ref:2620726)   #50
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
It will be interesting then to see how the BMW GT2 car fares over 24hrs compared to its main opposition which will the GT3s of Audi and Porsche.