Related Sites: trackrooms.co.uk Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Trackside

Old 29 Sep 2015, 18:40 (Ref:3578096)   #151
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
Well the rain didn't slow the RV fans, I'm in the line at 60 but at the end of 4 full lines of RVs and 5th wheels. Some of these guys have been here a while it looks like, canopies and grills set up all over. And the boat is here at the front of the line. But i can hear cars on track in a drizzle right now
SWEET! You are the man Andrew, is there any last minute items you can think of that we may need?
Old 29 Sep 2015, 19:41 (Ref:3578109)   #152
HJJ
Veteran

United States
Hoschburg, just outside of Brasleburg.
HJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I have a friend working T7, he said they let some RV's in earlier around lunch. A couple of Miatas have already crashed as well as a Lambo.
Old 29 Sep 2015, 20:08 (Ref:3578113)   #153
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by HJJ View Post
I have a friend working T7, he said they let some RV's in earlier around lunch. A couple of Miatas have already crashed as well as a Lambo.
If 20 Miatas crash, it still won't equal the cost of one Lambo.
Old 29 Sep 2015, 20:12 (Ref:3578115)   #154
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
SWEET! You are the man Andrew, is there any last minute items you can think of that we may need?
Quote:
Well the rain didn't slow the RV fans, I'm in the line at 60 but at the end of 4 full lines of RVs and 5th wheels. Some of these guys have been here a while it looks like, canopies and grills set up all over. And the boat is here at the front of the line. But i can hear cars on track in a drizzle right now
That's awesome. Glad the boat is there and grills are burning. Can't wait to be trackside tomorrow but can wait to get back out in the rain. I'll be there for the first Conti session.

I'll second Joe's offer. Plenty of room in the car for me. Let me know if something has been left or is required. And much appreciated for being the spot saver, again.

Rain is picking up in Athens. Stay dry, pal.
Old 29 Sep 2015, 21:32 (Ref:3578134)   #155
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Is actually been dry in line most of the time, actually saw this blue stuff in the sky for a while. Just sitting in line with beer, cigar, zaxbys and racing talk, not a bad way to start vacation at all.

Only thing i can think of is more eggs, have 10 but another half dozen or so would be good. Have enough meat and potatoes for a Mexican and Italian style breakfast casserole. And a power strip, have an extension cord and multiple usb bricks and cords in my stuff, but i think Eric might have one in his stuff.
Old 29 Sep 2015, 21:49 (Ref:3578138)   #156
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Is actually been dry in line most of the time, actually saw this blue stuff in the sky for a while. Just sitting in line with beer, cigar, zaxbys and racing talk, not a bad way to start vacation at all.

Only thing i can think of is more eggs, have 10 but another half dozen or so would be good. Have enough meat and potatoes for a Mexican and Italian style breakfast casserole. And a power strip, have an extension cord and multiple usb bricks and cords in my stuff, but i think Eric might have one in his stuff.
I'M ON VACATION! ...damn, I got a lot to do.

Thanks for doing that Andrew, once again. I've bought a dozen eggs and I don't even know why!
Old 29 Sep 2015, 21:54 (Ref:3578139)   #157
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Of course whatever great Louisiana food you want to bring along will always be appreciated.
Old 30 Sep 2015, 02:27 (Ref:3578188)   #158
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Of course whatever great Louisiana food you want to bring along will always be appreciated.
I'm going to bring sausage (beef and pork smoked sausage) and boudin. Plus some gumbo that I plan on sharing.

I hope to be there around 5:30 or 6:00pm. Depends on traffic, weather, how many "haircuts" I need.

ps. Does anybody know what I mean by haircut?
Old 30 Sep 2015, 04:02 (Ref:3578204)   #159
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
I'm going to bring sausage (beef and pork smoked sausage) and boudin. Plus some gumbo that I plan on sharing.

I hope to be there around 5:30 or 6:00pm. Depends on traffic, weather, how many "haircuts" I need.

ps. Does anybody know what I mean by haircut?
I won't post most of the "haircuts" definitions I found here but I think have had a haircut in my say. I b have no idea what you're getting at.

Safe travels, pal. See ya tomorrow nite!

I've made a list. That's about it.
Old 30 Sep 2015, 04:14 (Ref:3578205)   #160
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Slackers.
Lanier must be filling pretty good, prob seen 20 RVs and trailers sent down that way. Did not see our usual neighbors in line in front of me so we might be further back if some of these RVs take the edges but there is more grass back from the road. I will try to keep a decent lane open for the Apache if we are back. Gates open at 7 tomorrow and there's still lots of gear outside of here and some guys have been in line since Sun morning early. So much for no one thinking Petit was worth it anymore.
Old 30 Sep 2015, 05:00 (Ref:3578210)   #161
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I just finished loading the truck. I got a couple things to do and will head out asap.
Old 30 Sep 2015, 11:14 (Ref:3578257)   #162
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
I won't post most of the "haircuts" definitions I found here but I think have had a haircut in my say. I b have no idea what you're getting at.

Safe travels, pal. See ya tomorrow nite!

I've made a list. That's about it.
A haircut is a term from Car talk which refers to a bowel movement. Don't remember why they came up with it. I think it was either a caller or someone who wrote in. So people would say, "I was driving from Boston to Chicago and I was in the middle of nowhere when all of the sudden I was in dire need of a haircut'
Old 30 Sep 2015, 11:18 (Ref:3578258)   #163
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
A haircut is a term from Car talk which refers to a bowel movement. Don't remember why they came up with it. I think it was either a caller or someone who wrote in. So people would say, "I was driving from Boston to Chicago and I was in the middle of nowhere when all of the sudden I was in dire need of a haircut'
Have fun doing that at the truckstops, joeb. It'll get you in the mood for Road ATL comfort stations.
Old 30 Sep 2015, 11:31 (Ref:3578261)   #164
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Well I'm in and we have our usual spot at the oak tree again. I'll start setting up the kitchen and blocking space.
Old 30 Sep 2015, 11:48 (Ref:3578266)   #165
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Well I'm in and we have our usual spot at the oak tree again. I'll start setting up the kitchen and blocking space.
Yes sir! See you in a few. Kids dropped at school and motivation picking up steam.

Now, time for a haircut.
Old 30 Sep 2015, 11:49 (Ref:3578267)   #166
canamman
Veteran

United States
canamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
How are the grounds looking? Slippery or just damp.
Old 30 Sep 2015, 12:21 (Ref:3578272)   #167
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
There's two RVs stuck at 4 trying to climb the hill but they got the hitch and trailer stuck. Careful driving and it shouldnt be a problem

Whoever hadn't left yet, grab some ant killer. Looks like i found some ants this time

Last edited by broadrun96; 30 Sep 2015 at 12:45.
Old 30 Sep 2015, 12:41 (Ref:3578277)   #168
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Holy smokes! The sun is peaking through the clouds in Athens! Gonna be a steamy one!
Old 30 Sep 2015, 12:55 (Ref:3578281)   #169
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
Holy smokes! The sun is peaking through the clouds in Athens! Gonna be a steamy one!
Yeah, i see this blue stuff overhead in spaces. Think the afternoon rain might be accurate today
Old 30 Sep 2015, 13:40 (Ref:3578292)   #170
scottypinthemix
Racer

United States
atlanta
scottypinthemix should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm sure this is still 'hit-or-miss" but I have rec'd more than a few message from friends that are there already. They are being hardcore about searching coolers/cars so far today.
Unfortunately, I have to work until 2p today, so I'll be up there 'round 3:30 or so.
Old 30 Sep 2015, 13:50 (Ref:3578294)   #171
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottypinthemix View Post
I'm sure this is still 'hit-or-miss" but I have rec'd more than a few message from friends that are there already. They are being hardcore about searching coolers/cars so far today.
Unfortunately, I have to work until 2p today, so I'll be up there 'round 3:30 or so.
They didn't early, but then there were plenty of us. But I have seen 3 different out of state tagged GSP cars driving around this morning. But he didn't bat an eye driving past with the new record first beer of the day after setting up the kitchen.
Sucks there's nothing on track for another 45 min though, and even then it's just Miatas
Old 30 Sep 2015, 16:10 (Ref:3578320)   #172
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
I might have to move some things around if they are being nosey. But do they actually have the right to search your car?
Old 30 Sep 2015, 17:10 (Ref:3578346)   #173
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Saw the Deuce and a half with the LED light bar at the gas station and Jeremy Shaw walking down Highway 53 as I pulled in. Its PLM time!
Old 30 Sep 2015, 19:03 (Ref:3578411)   #174
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Stopped for a haircut. Could still be there around 530-6
Old 30 Sep 2015, 19:53 (Ref:3578421)   #175
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Sitting on 85 at 185. Backed up for miles and I'm not even to ATL yet