Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Marshals Forum

Old 2 Sep 2011, 07:03 (Ref:2949754)   #1
Apple
Racer

England
E.Sussex
Apple should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
BMMC question

I am thinking of marshalling at BMCRC Brands Hatch 25th September.
My questions are, if BMMC is a marshals club why are there no bike meetings listed in the volunteering/insurance section.
And are us BMMC members not covered by the insurance they provide,
If we are how do I get the insurance cover.
Mick
Old 2 Sep 2011, 08:17 (Ref:2949773)   #2
RCMADD
Racer

England
derby
RCMADD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
bikes have their own clubs for marshals
Old 2 Sep 2011, 10:10 (Ref:2949808)   #3
NewYankee01
Veteran

NewYankee01 is heading for a stewards' enquiry!
ACU take care of most club bike meets in the uk from everything like trials to some speedway events (dont quote me on that), anything on 2 or 3 wheels (unless its reliant robin racing!), saying that racesafe does BSB, WSB and moto gp. (i wish somebody told me this when i started 8 months ago!).
you will need to do seperate training, acu training isnt a must but RS is and you only have a limited time to sign up, which is why ive missed out on this year's...
insurance is automatic no matter who you marshal with in most of the developed world's events. the bmmc one is better they cover your travel to and from the event you do need to log the meetings you will do though, which is why i dont bother but it's a hell of an idea.
are you more of a bike marshal? bmmc requires a yearly subscription but to my understanding when i apply later this month to racesafe you pay a one off fee of £20 which gets you overalls and the like.
i hope this helps...
Old 2 Sep 2011, 11:48 (Ref:2949834)   #4
Apple
Racer

England
E.Sussex
Cars mostly
I just fancied doing a couple of clubby type bike meetings.
Thats my point if you have to log the meeting for insurance then how do you do it re BMMC
Old 2 Sep 2011, 12:03 (Ref:2949839)   #5
NewYankee01
Veteran

NewYankee01 is heading for a stewards' enquiry!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apple View Post
Cars mostly
I just fancied doing a couple of clubby type bike meetings.
Thats my point if you have to log the meeting for insurance then how do you do it re BMMC
ah personally mate i really wouldnt bother but its something most marshals dont bother with, its additional cover because bmmc dont run meetings and the organisers have their own insurance for us anyway,bmmc are just the place, the very good place for all our marshalling needs.
maybe i shouldnt be saying it but thats what i do anyway... it doesnt take long to fill a whole years' events but youre covered anyway...

to put your mind at rest email chris whitlock, nat.secretary@marshals.co.uk the clubs' secretary, he'll give you the official info...
Old 2 Sep 2011, 12:09 (Ref:2949843)   #6
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
You can contact the regional competition secretary for your region, and they can arrange insurance for you - especially if you've not used the BMMC volunteering web form, which covers you automatically (I believe). Contact details for each region are on the BMMC website.
Old 2 Sep 2011, 16:09 (Ref:2949950)   #7
MacGWC
Racer

United Kingdom
Hanslope, Bucks
MacGWC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMacGWC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apple View Post
I am thinking of marshalling at BMCRC Brands Hatch 25th September.
My questions are, if BMMC is a marshals club why are there no bike meetings listed in the volunteering/insurance section.
And are us BMMC members not covered by the insurance they provide,
If we are how do I get the insurance cover.
Mick
If this is an ACU or BMSB approved event and you are a fully paid up member of the BMMC, you will be covered by the Club's Personal Accident insurance and additional Public Liability insurance policies.

There is no strict need to let us know in advance but we would consider it a favour if you did, since it can only help in the case of a claim - which we sincerely hope will not happen! Enjoy your day at Brands.
Old 2 Sep 2011, 16:17 (Ref:2949956)   #8
Apple
Racer

England
E.Sussex
Ok thanks everybody for your help