Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 12 Jul 2013, 16:18 (Ref:3277037)   #1
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Nelson Piquet's contract with Lotus (1988)

Here's available in the net:

http://legacy.library.ucsf.edu/tid/qgp51c00/pdf

there's more:

http://legacy.library.ucsf.edu/tid/qdm14j00/pdf

Interesting to say the "Nr. 1 Status" and what the second driver (Nakajima) could and could not do... I wonder how many clauses like that exists in the current drivers contracts...

Last edited by Bononi; 12 Jul 2013 at 16:53.
Old 15 Jul 2013, 09:38 (Ref:3277852)   #2
321Go
Veteran

321Go should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The general public will probably have to wait 20+ years before we might get to see the Sebastian Vettel 2010-2013 contracts. That would be some very interesting reading I'm sure. I have no doubt that Mr Webber has had a mention in there somewhere, and Webbers' status in the team is in cap's and bold type in a clause somewhere in Mr Vettel's contracts. Specially from 2011 onwards.
Old 15 Jul 2013, 10:41 (Ref:3277884)   #3
jsTrecu
Veteran

jsTrecu should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjsTrecu should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
These pdf are very interesting Bononi, do you have more of them ? (already read the Senna one too)

Actually 321Go, I'm sure that Alonso's contracts with McLaren and Ferrari are far more detailed in that regard than Vettels. It would be great to have those.
After Malaysia this year it's now pretty clear that Vettel doesn't have the power to make Webber act like a "number 2" driver. The team orders were meant to make Webber win that race and keep Seb behind even if Seb didn't accept that.

Considering Vettel negotiates on his own without a manager I would assume they are pretty simple with probably a big bunch of different bonus prizes for poles, wins, championships and maybe fast laps too (seeing how he is chasing them that would not surprise me).
Maybe a clause so he can leave if the car doesn't meet certain performance too, as Horner said when the Vettel-Ferrari rumors first started that the only way for RBR to keep him was giving him a good car.
Old 15 Jul 2013, 10:41 (Ref:3277885)   #4
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by 321Go View Post
The general public will probably have to wait 20+ years before we might get to see the Sebastian Vettel 2010-2013 contracts. That would be some very interesting reading I'm sure. I have no doubt that Mr Webber has had a mention in there somewhere, and Webbers' status in the team is in cap's and bold type in a clause somewhere in Mr Vettel's contracts. Specially from 2011 onwards.
We know that 'Alonso is faster than Massa', and that's pretty much all we know about current driver contracts.
Old 15 Jul 2013, 11:32 (Ref:3277906)   #5
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Fascinating reads though - thanks Bon
Old 15 Jul 2013, 13:16 (Ref:3277947)   #6
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Well lets take it that Nelson was 87 world champion, so had the best bargaining chip in the world at the time

ANd he was notoriously lowly paid by Ecclestone at Brabham.

When you think that very few guys racing today in F1 are earning that sort of money, it was a fair amount eve then, especially when no deal for 88 was really coming with an engine deal, but maybe he didnt know that then, only for 88 praps.

What is interesting is the securing of services was much cheaper than the apearance and stuff and rights.

Must be some sort of weird way of describing a salary
Old 15 Jul 2013, 13:16 (Ref:3277948)   #7
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsTrecu View Post
These pdf are very interesting Bononi, do you have more of them ? (already read the Senna one too)
I still don't know, it's not my finding but some guys (friends) in right places who are damn good at research ! They sent me those links, hopefully there are more to come.

I know already there's a bunch of documents about Ferrari and a certain company of tobbaco deals.
Old 18 Jul 2013, 01:13 (Ref:3278960)   #8
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bononi View Post
I still don't know, it's not my finding but some guys (friends) in right places who are damn good at research ! They sent me those links, hopefully there are more to come.

I know already there's a bunch of documents about Ferrari and a certain company of tobbaco deals.
Thanks Bononi, incredible research! Can't wait to see the Ferrari docs if they come to light.