Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

View Poll Results: Who Would Have Thought That Robert Kubica Would Drive This Weekend?
I did 2 33.33%
I Didn't 3 50.00%
I Did and I Didn't 1 16.67%
Voters: 6. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2 Aug 2017, 18:58 (Ref:3757001)   #1
alc59
Rookie

alc59 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Kubica

Deserves a post of his own. I wish him well.
Old 2 Aug 2017, 19:16 (Ref:3757007)   #2
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Joe we are sorry to inform you that its over...
Old 2 Aug 2017, 19:46 (Ref:3757016)   #3
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!

Old 2 Aug 2017, 20:36 (Ref:3757036)   #4
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Lol....hilarious, and in the yellow and black car we present Mr Rambo...
Old 2 Aug 2017, 21:09 (Ref:3757047)   #5
djinvicta
Veteran

Wales
Mojacar Southern Spain
djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!
He would be a killer in a Merc or Ferrari wouldn't he?
Old 2 Aug 2017, 22:14 (Ref:3757071)   #6
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
His story has been one of true spirit, as we saw after his Canada crash, it takes a lot to stop him. While it would be great to have him back, it's down to him and Renault to decide
Old 9 May 2018, 11:16 (Ref:3821008)   #7
F1Guy
Veteran

Antarctica
Driving dangerously
F1Guy User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Robert Kubica to drive at this weekend's Spanish GP!

During FP1.

Ok, it was planned before season begun. Nevertheless, who would have thought this would be possible a couple of years ago. Respect.

Old 9 May 2018, 11:28 (Ref:3821009)   #8
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by F1Guy View Post

During FP1.

Ok, it was planned before season begun. Nevertheless, who would have thought this would be possible a couple of years ago. Respect.

He is also having a day (maybe half a day) in the post Spanish GP F1 tests at Catalunya on the Tuesday and Wednesday after the GP. I know it is also planned for Oliver Rowland to be driving the Williams on the Tuesday of the tests.
I know there is a limitation of testing for the main drivers of a total of no more than 2 days of the 4 days in season testing.
Old 9 May 2018, 11:56 (Ref:3821011)   #9
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:

During FP1.

Perhaps we should have a pole?

Added.
Old 9 May 2018, 11:59 (Ref:3821012)   #10
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
Perhaps we should have a pole?

Added.
We've got one Peter, Robert Kubica!
Old 9 May 2018, 12:40 (Ref:3821019)   #11
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Yeah, but will it help Williams. Personally I think they should give their current drivers as much track time as possible
Old 9 May 2018, 13:32 (Ref:3821032)   #12
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Yeah, but will it help Williams. Personally I think they should give their current drivers as much track time as possible
There is a limit on the days that a current drivers can use.... I think it is 2 days per year in total (ie 1 day per driver) With more testing scheduled later in the season maybe they will use their race drivers then.

I agree that they should be giving their race drivers all of the seat times possible though. So I see Kubica in on Friday morning as being less use than Sirotkin gaining miles, given Sergey's limited miles in 2 of this years races. (Brake failure at the start of the AGP and an early exit after the lap 1 contact at Baku).
Old 9 May 2018, 13:34 (Ref:3821033)   #13
S griffin
Veteran

Well maybe using Kubica during the test will pay, we’ll see. Fact is the drivers are struggling with a tricky car, so they probably need as much track time on race weekends and hopefully at least get on top of the car
Old 9 May 2018, 15:05 (Ref:3821052)   #14
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
I think it'll be interesting to see how Kubica does, in both ways. Firstly how he performs in the car against the other drivers, plus what his wealth of experience brings to the team in a way of helping them to un-lock some of the missing pace in the car.
Old 9 May 2018, 15:16 (Ref:3821058)   #15
S griffin
Veteran

I always have reservations about this. Can he really go better than the current drivers? Hopefully his development skills will be enough
Old 9 May 2018, 20:40 (Ref:3821135)   #16
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I have the same reservations - but I would be delighted to be proved wrong....
Old 9 May 2018, 21:53 (Ref:3821153)   #17
S griffin
Veteran

We have to wait and see, it could be really good or not worth it
Old 10 May 2018, 07:52 (Ref:3821217)   #18
F1Guy
Veteran

Antarctica
Driving dangerously
Kubica is doing a development assessment on the chassis. Some changes being evaluated. Don't expect "fast" lap times from Kubica. It's purely a chassis development exercise.

Old 11 May 2018, 11:38 (Ref:3821483)   #19
F1Guy
Veteran

Antarctica
Driving dangerously
First F1 GP weekend since 2010, and he finishes ahead of the teams lead driver. By 1.2 seconds!

Kubica's session was interrupted with major evaluation changes to his car too. Both drivers fastest times were set when both cars were in same spec's, and both on the same rubber.

Well done Bob!

Old 11 May 2018, 12:54 (Ref:3821493)   #20
Moneyseeker
Veteran

Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!
Good to put him in the car but sadly for Williams he was able to find out that it was truly shocking!

"It was a difficult session for us. It's hard to drive that car, but somehow we managed to do something with it. Balance-wise it's almost impossible to have it worse than we have, but we will work on it. We knew that it will be tough, but what we discovered was shocking. Even though it was that hard I felt pretty comfortable. In some places I was surprised how terrible this car handles."
Old 11 May 2018, 13:29 (Ref:3821499)   #21
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
First F1 GP weekend since 2010, and he finishes ahead of the teams lead driver. By 1.2 seconds!

Kubica's session was interrupted with major evaluation changes to his car too. Both drivers fastest times were set when both cars were in same spec's, and both on the same rubber.

Well done Bob!

Stroll did spend much of the session in pitlane, completing only 15 laps, after he spun into the gravel and may have contacted the barriers. Kubica also spun, but fortunately nowhere near barriers. He managed 25 laps. More of a worry is that both Williams pace was diabolical, right at the tail end of the times, and they were one of very few that used the Supersoft rubber. Even RK was still nearly 3.5 secs off the pace.
Old 11 May 2018, 14:53 (Ref:3821511)   #22
S griffin
Veteran

Even Kubica, despite his best efforts, couldn’t haul them up any higher. That should be a wake up call to Williams
Old 11 May 2018, 17:30 (Ref:3821533)   #23
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
It's a crying shame to see them propping up the grid....
Old 11 May 2018, 23:45 (Ref:3821590)   #24
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moneyseeker View Post
Good to put him in the car but sadly for Williams he was able to find out that it was truly shocking!

"It was a difficult session for us. It's hard to drive that car, but somehow we managed to do something with it. Balance-wise it's almost impossible to have it worse than we have, but we will work on it. We knew that it will be tough, but what we discovered was shocking. Even though it was that hard I felt pretty comfortable. In some places I was surprised how terrible this car handles."
I really don't understand this "discovery", surely this would all have been obvious to blind Freddie from the data traces?
Old 12 May 2018, 05:19 (Ref:3821610)   #25
Moneyseeker
Veteran

Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnut View Post
I really don't understand this "discovery", surely this would all have been obvious to blind Freddie from the data traces?
You can't beat the experienced drivers 'feel' for the car though. Time after time we see bits that work in the wind tunnel and data that don't actually work on the car, Williams have been guilty of this many times before and it looks like the updates have made the car worse not better.

Shame to see it and how long CW can keep a brave face on it is anyone's guess.

Sent from my SM-T310 using Tapatalk